Ronaldo | Refused to come on as sub, left OT | Axed from squad for Chelsea & fined 2 weeks wages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dve

He was injured for about half of his time there and he still somehow got more minutes.
When he was fit, he was actually just as often on the bench. I don't feel sorry for Martial.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I never wanted him back in the first place. We needed our future centreforward post-Cavani, not another one on the verge of retirement.

More so when we've always known he is a massive bellend. This sort of shit happening was just a matter of time with a declining Ronaldo and we have more important stuff to deal with than this circus.

Take it on the chin, replace in January and move on.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
When he was fit, he was actually just as often on the bench. I don't feel sorry for Martial.
Who asked anyone to be sorry? The point is in relation to Ronaldo. Ronaldo was below average more often than not and the alternatives barely played, it also make little sense to imagine the form of players that weren't used, players seldomly find form without game time.

It's not about being sorry for Martial or Tuthankamun but about recognizing that Ronaldo was played no matter what and that the alternatives weren't played in any reasonable way to either allow Ronaldo to get a breather or the alternatives to find form. It was one of Ole's typical lose-lose management decisions.

Dve

As soon as he become the main man under ole the overall team performance dropped and other players stopped scoring because everything had be played through to Ronaldo. He was dropped for the everton game for a reason. And when ole eventually got sacked, Carrick had the balls to drop him and we immediately became better as a team
Carrick was in charge for 3 games only, and Ronaldo played the full 90 minutes in two of them. In the away game against Chelsea, where we played on the counter, Ronaldo came in in the 64 minute. Some balls, that Carrick.

Dve

Who asked anyone to be sorry? The point is in relation to Ronaldo. Ronaldo was below average more often than not and the alternatives barely played, it also make little sense to imagine the form of players that weren't used, players seldomly find form without game time.

It's not about being sorry for Martial or Tuthankamun but about recognizing that Ronaldo was played no matter what and that the alternatives weren't played in any reasonable way to either allow Ronaldo to get a breather or the alternatives to find form. It was one of Ole's typical lose-lose management decisions.
Couldn't the same argument be used as an explanation for why Shaw and Maguire constantly were picked? I mean, you can't have it both ways.

lex talionis

It's perfectly appropriate for club supporters to continue discussing who was in the right and in the wrong -- Souness stands with Ronaldo, which tells all you need to know about Souness -- but let's hope it's back to business in training and on match day. What's done is done, punishment has been meted out, and we have important work to do over the next 5 days.

JPRouve

Scout
Couldn't the same argument be used as an explanation for why Shaw and Maguire constantly were picked? I mean, you can't have it both ways.
The point can be made and has been made. Which is why I literally said that it was an issue with Ole's management.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I agree nobody is above the club but there is no Manchester United of today without the past United greats whose stunning careers at this club earned them legendary status. Sir Matt Busby, George Best, Sir Bobby Charlton, Sir Alex, Eric Cantona, Cristiano, etc. Remind yourself Cristiano is the greatest player ever to play for Manchester United. He deserves the utmost respect of everyone associated with the club including our current manager. You may not like him, his attitude, his on-field drama, his over ambitious displays and all, but I don't think it is right to forget what hes done and achieved at this club and disrespect him. Consistently, for many years he's put smiles on our faces, and left us fans in awe of his outstanding performances, hence, being referred to, arguably, as the greatest of all time. Some people say "he doesn't play for the team", "he's a selfish player", but he's the second player with the highest number of assists in football history, after Messi, much more number of assists than the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Modric...etc. It's always been Cristiano pushing himself to be better, and he has done so well surpassing any legend, dead or alive. We can't just overlook all that, and ridicule him for his recent mistakes. Cristiano has nothing to prove to ETH, at this age. He was our top scorer last season for God sake. He deserves to start games for United ahead of these players who are the biggest contributors of our longest trophy drought in half a century. If you're not seeing the obvious and seriously worrying poor performance of the other attacking young players at United, especially Rashford and Sancho, and have chosen to single out a 37 year old legend, who at his age gave his all for United, for the game, for the teammates, for the fans, and for himself, then you need to sincerely ask yourself, "why exactly am I hating?"
Congrats mate. Competition for it is really strong but you deserve a tag "Biggest CR7 fan".

You bunch are so deluded.

Ludens the Red

Wonder what kind of reception he'll get from the crowd? :nervous:
A very good one. Match day fans are very different to the ones on here who sometimes are incapable of seeing the forest for the trees. I mean if you read this forum the last week you’d think Ronaldo had gone into every United fans home and shat in their kettles.
He made a mistake, he was silly, we move on. He will still retain respect from every game going fan.

FergiesBoot

You could arguably say CR7 cost Solskjaer his job, ETH isn't going to let that happen.

It's probably been repeated here 100 times already but what sickens me the most about him is that when team mates score, he seems almost disappointed because it wasn't him. A few games prior to to him getting shafted out of the squad there was a game where he fed incorrect passes in 3v2 situations to ensure he was the one who'd get on the end of the chances - that made my blood boil too.

Sayonara in January, old selfish pensioner.

JPRouve

Scout
A very good one. Match day fans are very different to the ones on here who sometimes are incapable of seeing the forest for the trees. I mean if you read this forum the last week you’d think Ronaldo had gone into every United fans home and shat in their kettles.
He made a mistake, he was silly, we move on. He will still retain respect from every game going fan.
The opposite is truer since the same match day fans echo the same opinions outside of the stadium.

croadyman

I never wanted him back in the first place. We needed our future centreforward post-Cavani, not another one on the verge of retirement.

More so when we've always known he is a massive bellend. This sort of shit happening was just a matter of time with a declining Ronaldo and we have more important stuff to deal with than this circus.

Take it on the chin, replace in January and move on.
Like I said earlier only if we can

Dve

I agree nobody is above the club but there is no Manchester United of today without the past United greats whose stunning careers at this club earned them legendary status. Sir Matt Busby, George Best, Sir Bobby Charlton, Sir Alex, Eric Cantona, Cristiano, etc. Remind yourself Cristiano is the greatest player ever to play for Manchester United. He deserves the utmost respect of everyone associated with the club including our current manager. You may not like him, his attitude, his on-field drama, his over ambitious displays and all, but I don't think it is right to forget what hes done and achieved at this club and disrespect him. Consistently, for many years he's put smiles on our faces, and left us fans in awe of his outstanding performances, hence, being referred to, arguably, as the greatest of all time. Some people say "he doesn't play for the team", "he's a selfish player", but he's the second player with the highest number of assists in football history, after Messi, much more number of assists than the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Modric...etc. It's always been Cristiano pushing himself to be better, and he has done so well surpassing any legend, dead or alive. We can't just overlook all that, and ridicule him for his recent mistakes. Cristiano has nothing to prove to ETH, at this age. He was our top scorer last season for God sake. He deserves to start games for United ahead of these players who are the biggest contributors of our longest trophy drought in half a century. If you're not seeing the obvious and seriously worrying poor performance of the other attacking young players at United, especially Rashford and Sancho, and have chosen to single out a 37 year old legend, who at his age gave his all for United, for the game, for the teammates, for the fans, and for himself, then you need to sincerely ask yourself, "why exactly am I hating?"
Unconditional love. Such a sweet thing.

Greck

It's sad he's now being used as a tool to drag the club through the mud.
-biggest club in europe to want him.
-Only club in Europe to make him highest paid in the league.
-Only club that accommodates two different systems so Ronaldo can be Ronaldo. Because having to adapt and not be a liability during key phases is irrational.

The salary was already undeserved. He actually wanted to move elsewhere and have us pay.

Luka Mora

Carrick was in charge for 3 games only, and Ronaldo played the full 90 minutes in two of them. In the away game against Chelsea, where we played on the counter, Ronaldo came in in the 64 minute. Some balls, that Carrick.
He did show balls because he was hounded by the media for daring to drop ronaldo

Judas

Open to offers
Personally would rather he never played for us again. I’ll support him and hope he scores a shit ton and has a massively positive impact while he’s involved though.

But I don’t see many positives at all in him playing for us now.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Think ETH has played it perfectly with him. Laid down the law, but also didn't slander him publicly and had Ronaldo come back on ETH's terms not his own.

We all would like a replacement in January, but for now we need Ronaldo because otherwise we'll be starting Charlie fecking McNeil up front if Rashford were to get hurt.

the_cliff

He was always coming back.

Let's be honest keeping him training away from the team will cause more harm then good. Hopefully he'll be happy accepting the fact that he'll be sitting on the bench for the PL games and play the Europa/ EFL cup games.

ETH needs Ronaldo on his side without much drama until we do get rid of him so it's an obvious decision.

RVN1991

Is this some parody account?
I wish. These fanboys are something else, comedic at this point.
Really?? I’m not even Rashford’s critic but you can clearly see that only scoring 7 PL goals in the last calendar year are the numbers that only a 3rd or 4th rate player would be putting up. He’s also currently on yet another one of his many non scoring runs when he goes several weeks or even months without scoring a goal, his last PL goal was way back in early September against Arsenal. These are the facts we cant keep ignoring. United need a new striker if we are to be anywhere near successful under Ten Hag in the future.

Cristiano Ronaldo is not any other player. He is Cristiano Ronaldo, one of the greatest ever to do it. This guy scored 24 goals in 38 games last season playing in a dysfunctional team. True, he’s had a slow start to the season (not for the first time in his illustrious career), but he’d still easily outscore Rashford and Martial with one eye closed and one arm tied behind his back. That’s how great he is. While I don’t agree with his method, and I do think no single player is bigger than the club, Cristiano deserves more respect than he has received from Erik ten Hag.
Laughable take. We've looked significantly worse with him on the side this season and whatever happened last season should have no bearing considering we have a new manager with a completely different style of play, he's a year older and had no preseason (Because he wanted to leave the club). He might be Cristiano Ronaldo but he's past it, we're in desperate need of a quality striker but Ronaldo is not the answer, where did the team finish building the attack through him last season again? That should tell you everything if you Ronaldo cheerleaders want to bring up what he did last season.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Like I said earlier only if we can
We have to. We need a striker for the future regardless.

Mind, I'd agree the notion that we will have a huge budget with him gone is misplaced: we may have to pay a fair chunk of his wages elsewhere.

the_cliff

Mail is saying Jorge Mendes has offered him to Arsenal, Newcastle & Chelsea
Wouldn't be surprised.

I reckon ETH told him to find a new club and now he's realising he doesn't have many options. Looking at Europa teams now. :lol:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Wouldn't be surprised.

I reckon ETH told him to find a new club and now he's realising he doesn't have many options. Looking at Europa teams now. :lol:
Would be interested in hearing their responses. Somehow I think only Chelsea would be open to it and the other two more like "no thanks"

the_cliff

Would be interested in hearing their responses. Somehow I think only Chelsea would be open to it and the other two more like "no thanks"
Don't think Potter would take him either...

Don't see any team wanting him tbh.

redcucumber

This is a load of nonsense. He gave Madrid his all, not Manchester United. He has everything to prove to ten Hag - ten Hag wants to play a pressing style of football. It's simple - can Ronaldo fit into what ten Hag wants to do? The simple and obvious answer is no. Our team running numbers on average with Ronaldo (in a game) are 98k, without Ronaldo 108k. That's huge, and shows how detrimental he is to any team that is trying to implement a style based on pressing and dynamism. Absolute rubbish that he deserves to start over Rashford, who won Player of the Month in the PL for September, whereas Ronaldo has been totally useless for ages. Take your blinkers off.

redcucumber

The most annoying thing about this ten Hag-Ronaldo thing is the way people keep saying Ronaldo has been 'disrespected' by ten Hag, like this is some sort of mob drama. Very odd.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Only one of them compared being here to slavery.

Jericho

This time he was looking to leave because Ten hag didn't see him as a starter though. He didn't ask to leave right away. He asked to leave and skipped pre-season pretty much after Ten Hag started having these talks with everyone. I'm always ok with a player wanting to leave if they don't agree with the role they have. There's a way to do it though.

But yeah, he's gotta go, and it's more due to his footballing ability at this point than anything else IMO.
Really? I thought it was because we weren't in the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.