g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Rooney - Foul or dive ?

binary bot
Stone wall yellow for me; although Valencia was potentially a yellow too - thought the referee would let it go in context with the Valencia decision. Saying that Valencia's initial one on Lahm looked harsh and was somewhat similar to the Rooney one.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
It's not a dive but it all comes about because of a poor touch.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
feck it anyway, we deserve some luck from UEFA. Knowing how corrupt they are, they probably gave ref Bobby Martinez a brown paper bag to ensure their precious Real and Barca have the best opportunity to win the CL and that's not gonna happen with Bayern still in it.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Was a foul, drawing player to relieve pressure in your own half, Rooney probably didnt even realise he was on a yellow.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Similar to Sturridge with Vidic's sending off. Little to no contact but he dived into the challenge looking to make contact when on a yellow card. Cant complain
Not really. Vidic was nowhere near Sturridge, but Schwein-man would have made contact with Rooney if he hadn't jumped.

Raul Madrid

Imo there was contact and rooney exaggerated it a bit to make sure te ref noticed and did something. Nothing new here, footballers do it all the time. Its an ugly part of the game that wont go away any time soon

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
It was a foul. Harsh yellow card though. Rooney made a little bit much of it by stayin down.

I loved his reaction when Schweini went up to him to complain though :lol: "Dont hate the player, hate the game" Do we have a gif?

Pippa

Obvious jump over Piggy, there's no arguing that. Rash challenge from him though, not sure what he was thinking. Probably earned the yellow due to it stopping a potential counter-attack from Rooney...If I saw that I would've probably called it a foul.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

Obvious jump over Piggy, there's no arguing that. Rash challenge from him though, not sure what he was thinking. Probably earned the yellow due to it stopping a potential counter-attack from Rooney...If I saw that I would've probably called it a foul.
Vicious. He's lucky it wasn't a straight red.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He jumps but if he didn't jump he's getting taken out. It'd be silly for Rooney to completely avoid it looking like a foul.
Rooney was lucky that old Svine shtiger went in like he did though because it looked like he was losing possession.

feck them anyway, the way they were crowding the ref and going mental over any little thing.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I don't think it was a dice, but was a bit over dramatic how he fell.

After the Rafael situation last time we played them though, they deserve all they get as far as that is concerned.

Revan

Assumptionman
Barney you're close to turning into a WUM
He is becoming a shit version of peterstorey recently. A big achievement to be fair, alastair never achieved that despite has been desperately trying for a few years.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout

If Piggy got the ball there first, it is not a foul

Revan

Assumptionman
It was no red card tbh. If you give Schweini a red card, you have to give it to Valencia too.
It was a second yellow, as it was to Valencia. And by the way, why does the Martinez/Chicha isn't being discussed? Chicha was practically the last man, theoretically it should have been a red.

A1X

Hands up who's going to shed tears that one of their influential players is missing the second leg?

Anyone?

Thought not, so who cares.

Getsme

He is becoming a shit version of peterstorey recently. A big achievement to be fair, alastair never achieved that despite has been desperately trying for a few years.
He was once an honest poster, don't know what's happened to him.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
It was a second yellow, as it was to Valencia. And by the way, why does the Martinez/Chicha isn't being discussed? Chicha was practically the last man, theoretically it should have been a red.
Nonsense, plenty of cover. Valencia and Schweinsteiger definitely red.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
A lot of covering defenders nearby. I don't think it was a red.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Definitely a foul and probably a yellow, but it's pathetic watching the best athletes in the world fall over like a child learning to walk. I'm embarrassed for Rooney and more just embarrassed for the game. There's an argument to be made that fouls with be called without this. Maybe so, but better training, more officials, utilizing technology, post match punishment, etc. How much longer do we have to watch incredibly coordinated individuals flop around like blindfolded pole vaulters?

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Dive or not, I find it funny how Vidic gets blamed for a missed sliding challenge, and I quote, "giving Sturridge the opportunity to dive" whereas Rooney gets criticized for a foul on him.
You tell them Slevs. Rooney was hardly doing a Busquets there. feck you Ribery.