Rooney - Foul or dive ?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
It wasn't a dive. If he doesn't jump then he could be badly injured.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Dive or not, I find it funny how Vidic gets blamed for a missed sliding challenge, and I quote, "giving Sturridge the opportunity to dive" whereas Rooney gets criticized for a foul on him.

Shimo

My favorite German player but, idiotic by him. Thankfully for them it was right at the death.

They won't miss him or Martinzez in the second leg though. They'll just start with Goetze and Kroos - with Kroos sitting more as we'll surrender even more possession there.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Dive? Right on. Rooney should have just kept running, as if Schweinsteigers legs were invisible tripwire, and maybe gotten an impact injury, to save his reputation as a diver.

He had to leap over him, because he's clearly been impeded. If he doesn't leap, he's getting twatted in to.

Blue always red

I thought Rooney wasn't his best today and this was a perfect example of it. His touch was too heavy, and then when he chased the ball and got a foot to it, the ball went straight to a Bayern player so the second yellow, for me, was a bit laughable.

NK86

Rooney's one of the consistent divers in the team but I thought that was an obvious foul to be honest.
Yeah, he exaggerated the contact with a swan like fall, but a clear foul.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Milked it the same way Bayern did when trying to get Valencia sent off. What goes around comes around!
Not even close. Boateng did the typical 'act-like-I'm-hurt-in-a-way-no-one-does-that-actually-is-hurt'. If he hadn't looked so silly who knows, maybe the ref would have sent Valencia off.

Schweinsteiger's was a clear yellow any day of the week.

Phil

Not a dive at all, moronic thread.

Rooney's exaggeration with the head I could agree with.

botond

well if that was yellow then valencias tackle where he got away should be a straight red

Moriarty

Not even close. Boateng did the typical 'act-like-I'm-hurt-in-a-way-no-one-does-that-actually-is-hurt'. If he hadn't looked so silly who knows, maybe the ref would have sent Valencia off.

Schweinsteiger's was a clear yellow any day of the week.
Can't argue with that. He can wag his finger all he wants but that was a late tackle and a deserved second yellow. By the way, I'm unclear on the rules. Can he appeal the second yellow?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Can't argue with that. He can wag his finger all he wants but that was a late tackle and a deserved second yellow. By the way, I'm unclear on the rules. Can he appeal the second yellow?
Nope.

johnmufc

This place has a pathetic agenda against Rooney. Astounding and exceptionally and intentionally blind to call that a dive.

cj_sparky

The same as Lahm in the first half when it looked like Valencia didn't touch him.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
It was no red card tbh. If you give Schweini a red card, you have to give it to Valencia too.

NK86

well if that was yellow then valencias tackle where he got away should be a straight red
Valencia could have been a second yellow. But I guess he got away with it because both the players were committed to get to the loose ball which he was second to. Compare that to Bastian fouling Rooney when we were away on a counter attack.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Dived to avoid the challenge, he clearly stopped a potential counter attack, professional freekick and a fair yellow.

schweinsteiger is the idiot for diving in like that when on a yellow.

Also pretty funny to see Guardiola whine about diving, glass fecking houses

Yes it was a foul and a yellow card. But Rooney could also have jumped out thw way. I have no problem what he did, schweinsteiger put himself in dangers way with the reckless challenge, but Rooney was ultra 'professional' with his 'simulation'.

Its a tough game at this level. schweinsteiger and Pepe can have no complaints for that.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
That was clearly a 50/50 challenge, both of them went in to it 100% committed to the cause and the main reason for wearing shin guards was demonstrated perfectly.

A1X

European refs do not give fouls unless you go down, as Welbeck I think proved a couple of times during the game. It was a definite foul though, and a definite yellow card.