Rooney is finished

Is Rooney done at the required level?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parry Gallister

Some nice North Korea thing going on at MUTV.
They looked terrified when he was being slagged off :lol:

Starting to think Rooney is an alien queen controlling the minds of ex pros for nefarious means, it's the only logical conclusion.

Ban

They looked terrified when he was being slagged off :lol:

Starting to think Rooney is an alien queen controlling the minds of ex pros for nefarious means, it's the only logical conclusion.
I dont know,is he a holy cow so people cant or not allowed to speak bad about him?
Also its not nice to treat fans like that..

GiddyUp

What's his done in his career means he's earned our respect and shouldn't be slagged off on a personal level for his current woes which frankly signal the end. But I fear this is where it's getting to with a lot of people. This insinuation that he shouldn't be dropped because of his achievements is bollocks. This ain't no 3 game skid he's on.
It should always about the football right now and he has been pretty poor for nearly three seasons. Even if he beat the record with a few penalties and an offside tap in it would never take away from what he has given to the cub. He needs dropping from this team so we can move forward. I trust Mourinho to handle it properly and it's what 95% are calling for. Unfortunate but such is life.

criticalanalysis

Watching last night I felt someone had given Gabrial Obertan the captaincy and a license to roam. His performances on the pitch are getting mor amateurish.
Ok not being sarcastic here but that's actually harsh on Obertan. Obertan had a good touch and a certain languid style of dribbling ability, everything else he was poor but yeah, Rooney's performance was even worst than a worst Obertan.

sosolid4u09

Illuminati ain't got shit on Jose. He'll turn that triangle upside down if he has his say.

btw what a call.. Keith is a legend. Hope he called with caller ID unknown.. otherwise illuminati gonna get him like they did Dave Chapell.
:lol:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I wonder why out of all the footballers they chose to be in the illuminati, they chose Rooney?
Apparently they have all types of degrading initiations which you have to do to get in... Granny shagging got him a VIP pass.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Just saw this on Twitter, guy is spot on!

The Irish pundit got very defensive about Wayne. He just did not want to listen and he seems to be hanging on to what Wayne did 5-10 years ago.
Shocking.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Here's a thought.
If we had got Guardiola, he'd have transfer listed Rooney immediately. Just as he got Hart (because he can't use his feet well enough) and Nasri (due to being fat) out, fast.
How would the media and pundits responded to this?

Remember, Pep is rated as the best manager in the World, so they could not disagree with him.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Here's a thought.
If we had got Guardiola, he'd have transfer listed Rooney immediately. Just as he got Hart (because he can't use his feet well enough) and Nasri (due to being fat) out, fast.

Remember, Pep is rated as the best manager in the World, so they could not disagree with him.
Your speculating about something no one but Pep knows about. What if he got rid of DDG because Bravo is better at kicking?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
'You can't overlook what he's done for United and England'

Well you fecking can because what matters is what he delivers at the moment and that's fecking nothing, zero, null, nada. Thick pundits, 'experts' and other shite can feck off, deluded brown nosing cocks who don't give a shit about a club they played for once but about their pal who's holding the club by the balls, being a complete contradiction to values it was built on.
Miss Mutv :D.
You can understand why they are reluctant to critizise the captain on the club channel.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Miss Mutv :D.
You can understand why they are reluctant to critizise the captain on the club channel.
Yeah but it is reaching really, really desperate levels of delusion now (somebody mentioned NKorea here, good shout) when everybody around them sees that they're talking immense bollocks. Club TV and not only because we've heard all sorts of bollocks everywhere really, Nevilles, Ducker, etc.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I actually voted no since he was doing a passable job on the wing, but that touch in front of goal yesterday...he's done.

togg

I'm always amazed that people say things like 'that irish pundit' or that grey haired pundit etc....and not realise it's Sammy Mcllroy...who was a dam good player for us in his day. I'm not saying fans should know everything about United and it's past teams...but Sammy?....he was one of the ones that stood out.

Just shows how many fans really have only known the relative success we had under Fergie!!

sosolid4u09

Not this again. It's absolute nonsense, there was no season where Rooney played majority of games on the wing. He plays wide in a handful of games in a few seasons, which was used for years as evidence of his 'sacrifice' and magnified to 'years of playing on the wing'.
He played as an inside forward for a couple of years

TsuWave

I'm always amazed that people say things like 'that irish pundit' or that grey haired pundit etc....and not realise it's Sammy Mcllroy...who was a dam good player for us in his day. I'm not saying fans should know everything about United and it's past teams...but Sammy?....he was one of the ones that stood out.

Just shows how many fans really have only known the relative success we had under Fergie!!
Or that many people posting here aren't that old? and/or have not prowled through footage of United teams in the 80s to see Sammy Mcllroy stand out?!

Infra-red

Bayern Munich sold BFS, a real proper first class legend, who, tbf, could still do a job. Why the feck can't we sell Rooney?
We just need him to get the goal record out of the way and then hope he's at least vaguely open to the idea of moving on for a big payday in the USA/China at the end of the season.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Yeah but it is reaching really, really desperate levels of delusion now (somebody mentioned NKorea here, good shout) when everybody around them sees that they're talking immense bollocks. Club TV and not only because we've heard all sorts of bollocks everywhere really, Nevilles, Ducker, etc.
It's silly but for whatever reason some of them refuse to admit he's done. Don't think it's delusion either as anyone can see it.

superdry

touched by a genius
We just need him to get the goal record out of the way and then hope he's at least vaguely open to the idea of moving on for a big payday in the USA/China at the end of the season.
Was thinking that .... Maybe we should pay a team off and let him score his four goals, so he can ride off into the sunset. ( Rooney fan boys would be saying he's back, give him another contract though.)
Pay them off with Rooney's weekly wage.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

Opponent goes in two footed from behind on team mate, what do you do?!

Have a chuckle with them

Captain and leader my arse.
That's shocking. Remember when our captains were real hard bastards?

Shark

@NotShark
If he gets dropped vs Leicester, I wonder who'll take over as captain. Ibra? De Gea? Smalling?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney divides opinion... Sportsmail experts debate whether it is time Jose Mourinho dropped the England star
It is the first big question facing Jose Mourinho during his Manchester United reign - stick or twist with Wayne Rooney?

The 30-year-old captain again came in for criticism for an under-par performance in United’s 3-1 victory at Northampton in the League Cup.

Mourinho shifted Rooney - who has spent most of the season in midfield - back up front for the match but he failed to deliver goals.

As they prepare to face Premier League champions Leicester on Saturday lunchtime, our reporters give their verdict on whether it is time to drop Rooney.

Wayne Rooney continues to struggle for form at Manchester United this season

The 30-year-old returned up front for the trip to Northampton but didn't deliver goals

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has publicly backed his captain

The United skipper arrives for training on Thursday after the EFL Cup victory at Northampton

ROB DRAPER

No. I can’t help but think that - despite the current crisis mode - United played quite well in the second half against Manchester City. As such, I would persist with Rooney wide right, in a trio of Rashford and Ibrahimovic, with Pogba and Fellaini as your attacking midfielders and Herrera holding.

Given that Martial is hardly sparkling, I’d look at using Ashley Young or Juan Mata from the bench.

JOE BERNSTEIN

Yes. Wayne Rooney should be finished as a mainline Manchester United player - Sir Alex Ferguson identified that in 2013. He is still good enough to be part of the squad and make a contribution - his run won United the FA Cup in May - but whether his ego allows that is another matter.

Ryan Giggs was able to do that at United, Steven Gerrard left Liverpool rather than be a bit-part player.

Rooney lets fire with a shot during the Cup victory against League One's Northampton

RIATH AL-SAMARRAI

Yes. That is not to denigrate the legacy of one of the best English players of several eras, but a simple recognition of the blatantly obvious - he is not what he used to be, to the point he weakens the team when he is in it. Perhaps there will be one last surge in his great career, but there is no sign of it coming any time soon.

At the very least, it might do him some good to get out of the firing line for a while. Maybe then he will return with some confidence and make us all look stupid. In the meantime, Mourinho needs to make what seems to be an easy decision.

Rooney endured a largely frustrating evening playing a forward role for Mourinho's men

Rooney's heat map from Wednesday night shows his desire to help out the midfield and attack

CRAIG HOPE

Yes. I always suspected he would play his way out of the team this season and the time has come for Mourinho to justifiably drop him. Rooney’s presence is undermining the progress of club and country and both will be better off without him.

He is smothering younger players who, given more freedom, will prosper minus Rooney.

The England captain has only scored one goal for his club side so far this season

ADAM CRAFTON

Yes. United have enough options in that position to leave Rooney out of the team. He is no longer indispensable to United and he should not be treated as such. His form simply does not justify selection. Juan Mata as a 10 or Paul Pogba (in a midfield three) deserve a run in the team.

ROONEY'S MANCHESTER UNITED SEASON SO FAR
Games - 7

Goals - 1

Assists - 2

Yellow/red cards - 3/0

KIERAN GILL

Yes. I cannot help feeling that Wayne Rooney has become a square peg in a round hole, and his performance at Northampton was painful. Marcus Rashford comes on as a substitute at 1-1, gets a goal and an assist. For me, I’d rather have him in my team than Rooney at the moment.

JACK GAUGHAN

Yes. It's time for Rooney to be taken out of the firing line. Struggled through the middle at Northampton Town on Wednesday night, dropping deeper and deeper to get through some 'nice' work without impacting much in an attacking sense. Mourinho wants goals and isn't getting them at the moment.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Opponent goes in two footed from behind on team mate, what do you do?!

Have a chuckle with them

Captain and leader my arse.
He played with the attitude of a player who knew he was getting dropped. I wanted to punch my TV after this incident. He's taking the piss.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Here's a thought.

Pep refused the United job due to Rooney's contract clause saying he has to play according to a thread earlier :lol:......so he couldn't have got rid of Rooney so decided to join City instead.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He played with the attitude of a player who knew he was getting dropped. I wanted to punch my TV after this incident. He's taking the piss.
Somebody needs to play that on a loop to Memphis. This is how concerned your captain was about your welfare. He is more bothered if there is a handball.

Manny

Grammar Police
If he gets dropped vs Leicester, I wonder who'll take over as captain. Ibra? De Gea? Smalling?
Carrick will get it I imagine and Blind has worn the armband too this season. Smalling seems to be down the list now.

Wouldn't mind Herrera being given it either. Ibra's just arrived so not him.

Status
Not open for further replies.