Rooney is finished

Is Rooney done at the required level?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seasidered

The manager will most likely pick rooney at the weekend so lets just hope the fans get behind him and the rest of the team.Because if it becomes a very hostile atmosphere the effect on the team could become very damaging and have an effect on us playing home games for the rest of the season.I can see it becoming like newcastle a few years ago.

Manny

Grammar Police
The manager will most likely pick rooney at the weekend so lets just hope the fans get behind him and the rest of the team.Because if it becomes a very hostile atmosphere the effect on the team could become very damaging and have an effect on us playing home games for the rest of the season.I can see it becoming like newcastle a few years ago.
Yeah lets just bury our heads and let Rooney survive another season and another manager... :rolleyes:

For me, keeping Rooney in the team is fast tracking us to becoming Newcastle. :lol:

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Not this again. It's absolute nonsense, there was no season where Rooney played majority of games on the wing. He plays wide in a handful of games in a few seasons, which was used for years as evidence of his 'sacrifice' and magnified to 'years of playing on the wing'.
Thanks for posting this, it's one of the biggest myths about Rooney I see on here.

Moiraine

I don't know what plans Ferguson had when he started to drop Wayne Rooney from the first team (UCL against Madrid in 2nd leg). If Ferguson had stayed manager for one more year, that would have been the biggest blessing on Manchester United as it would definitely have been the end of Rooney at Manchester United. That was the best time to cash on him as well. If Moyes was a big name manager with ultimate experience at a big club, he would have let Rooney go I am sure. But Moyes was probably a bit insecure about his own position at the club, and attracting big names in the transfer window.

Rooney's performances every since his mega contract reflects a much worse version of Carlos Tevez. A work horse with a hardly mention-able or zero end product that costs United team balance and cutting edge. Some of his attempts at goal in the past few games are so lame and lacks quality that they are laughable. Since his finishing and goal scoring has gone remarkably south, the more he drops back and try to get involved, the more I hate him and question the decision of playing him in midfield because it is very unjust to the players with real skill and creativity. Players of the likes of Herrera and Mata who can actually contribute to the team when played in their genuine positions. But I am afraid United have so far gave in and let him dictate his terms. I really hope Mourinho becomes ruthless and drop him for the sake of this club which however looks difficult considering he retained him as captain of Manchester United.

Reactions: Dr. Dwayne

clarkydaz

I think the best outcome for both Wayne and Man Utd is for him to go back to his beloved Everton. January transfer window he goes back on a free and we pick up half his wages for the next 3 years.
why one earth would you assume Everton and Koeman would want him?

Dobbs

Opponent goes in two footed from behind on team mate, what do you do?!

Have a chuckle with them

Captain and leader my arse.
It's annoying but I find the whole team to be like this. None of them say a word to the player, at best they moan to the ref.

We desperately need some balls.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Sell Rooney to Everton in January. Helps us while tanking Everton. :D

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thanks for posting this, it's one of the biggest myths about Rooney I see on here.
surely the "playing out of position" generally is the main Rooney one.

It's always the position he isn't currently in.

The true best position (bar not on the pitch) seems to only be the "off the frontman"/10 role, by the sheer default of being able to get away with less damage there.
You can't have him up front, as he has no pace, movement or strength these days and won't get a kick, and you can't play him in a mid 2, as he'll get exposed for pace, and can't pass well underpressure. So sticking between both roles seems to sort of be the least
crap.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I have feeling he was played yesterday so he could be benched on Saturday.

Zen

So who offered more in their last 3 seasons.

Gary Neville; 51 appearences, no goals, one diabolical performance for which he retired - 2 titles, a league cup, 2 CL Finals
Wayne Rooney; 95 appearences, 30 goals, numerous diabolical performances* - Zero titles, FA Cup, Group Stages of CL once.

*=I haven't watched every single game, just you know, the fans reaction mostly.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
So who offered more in their last 3 seasons.

Gary Neville; 51 appearences, no goals, one diabolical performance for which he retired - 2 titles, a league cup, 2 CL Finals
Wayne Rooney; 95 appearences, 30 goals, numerous diabolical performances* - Zero titles, FA Cup, Group Stages of CL once.

*=I haven't watched every single game, just you know, the fans reaction mostly.
I think you're getting a bit desperate here.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Cant believe the amount of people slagging the club captain off on here and taking personal digs.He is one of the greatest players to play for the club this century and banging on the door to be the highest scorer in our history.
Some complete bellends on here i agree hes been shyt but so have several others i hope he plays at the weekend and bags a couple of goals so the hate brigade can move onto someone else.
Keep going with the personal insults and calling people bellends.

That will fastrack you to promotion.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Cant believe the amount of people slagging the club captain off on here and taking personal digs.He is one of the greatest players to play for the club this century and banging on the door to be the highest scorer in our history.
Some complete bellends on here i agree hes been shyt but so have several others i hope he plays at the weekend and bags a couple of goals so the hate brigade can move onto someone else.
There's always one.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
United fans are not haters mate. There's nothing personal. They just want the best for the team and in his present form he's not that good. If he does miraculously start performing we'll no doubt start singing his praises.

Zen

I accidently looked at his comments on a instagram, I wouldn't worry about here, some of the shit on that was massively insane and vile. Really really puts you off the game when fans can get like that, it's good they can easily ignore it for the most part though, thankfully they are pretty much all just keyboard/touchscreen warriors.

ottosec

Have a chuckle with them

Can't play, can't run, can't lead. Also fecks up most most of our attacks and consistently starts counters for the opposition. All that for the low cost of 300k/week, what a guy! :drool:

montpelier

He could wander aimlessly into deep MF & try to pass 40yds to himself getting forward at RB, :).

Scholsey2004

surely the "playing out of position" generally is the main Rooney one.

It's always the position he isn't currently in.

The true best position (bar not on the pitch) seems to only be the "off the frontman"/10 role, by the sheer default of being able to get away with less damage there.
You can't have him up front, as he has no pace, movement or strength these days and won't get a kick, and you can't play him in a mid 2, as he'll get exposed for pace, and can't pass well underpressure. So sticking between both roles seems to sort of be the least
crap.
He's a second or support striker, virtually non-existent nowadays and not very compatible with modern game plans to start with before you even take declining performances into it.

RedorDead21

Correction - his form for the last 4 years
The teams inability to do anything but highlight his performances over the same period is baffling to. Every other team can carry completely anonymous performances for certain players but not us.... He's managed to be completely crap but at the same time integral to everything we do. Unique in the PL.

Galactico

The press are unbelievable sheep muppets. It took one article saying Rooney is past it and everyone jumped on the bandwagon. They should have been calling this out years ago.

Even Charlie Nicholas is at it now when choosing his Man Utd v Leicester XI...

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ter-combined-xi-no-wayne-rooney-or-paul-pogba

"There's no room for Wayne Rooney. He is usually prominent in any team I pick but he's not playing well right now. He needs to clear his head and work out what he's doing. He's lost the yard of pace and he's always attracted to the ball and ends up in positions you don't want him to be."

Be sure to read that article because he makes the most muppetry of comments in opting to leave out Pogba:-

"I actually feel worse about leaving Marc Albrighton out."

RedTiger

Half mast
Even Charlie Nicholas is at it now when choosing his Man Utd v Leicester XI...

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ter-combined-xi-no-wayne-rooney-or-paul-pogba

"There's no room for Wayne Rooney. He is usually prominent in any team I pick but he's not playing well right now. He needs to clear his head and work out what he's doing. He's lost the yard of pace and he's always attracted to the ball and ends up in positions you don't want him to be."
Has Charlie only just noticed this trait now? Does he think Wayne possessed that yard of pace the last couple of years?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Stan the man.
I'm glad the tabloids break the articles up with pictures. My ADHD makes it difficult to read more than 60 words at a time without a break to look at sort of but not really related photos.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Can't play, can't run, can't lead. Also fecks up most most of our attacks and consistently starts counters for the opposition. All that for the low cost of 300k/week, what a guy! :drool:
I have just watched the full incident again. When Memphis was fouled most of the players came over complaining about it. It took ages for his captain Wayne Rooney to appear. He did eventually. That effort must have exhausted him.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

Have a chuckle with them

Imagine if Keane had been in Rooney's shoes.
He'd be telling McCourt, "watch your back fella".

Status
Not open for further replies.