Rooney testimonial vs Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Enjoying this so far. Not to discredit Rooney as he's been fine but this is why I'd like to Marcus as the #10 to partner Zlatan. We have to many players coming inside and deep trying killer balls and not enough running in behind and taking people on. Martial and Lingard have done that a bit, though, to be fair. I'm not saying I'd change Rooney now because he's been good, I just hope to see that at some point this season. Zlatan dropping deep and Rashford spearheading the attack would cause all sorts of problems for opposition defences.

podurban2

I think both Rooney and Zlatan were our best players beside Luke Shaw. We really need Rashford in there, Jose is blessed with the choices he has up front, especially if Roo can play well this season. I would want to see all three of them and Martial but that sounds impossible to accommodate.

ReDDHDevilS

One of the downsides of having Ibra is that we'll lose that great understanding developed between Martial and Rashford last season.

Another friendly would have been great for Martial, Ibra, Rooney etc. to shake off the rust and get them up to speed.

Shaw hasn't lost much of (if any at all) his speed, has he? Great to have him back.

ManRant

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
All I know is that Herrera-Carrick-Pogba is going to dominate the EPL. If Herrera is going to be the pest he's turning out to be this game, and with Carrick doing his best Gandalf, Pogba is going to be free to do as he pleases.

This is it, guys. Jose is going to build our greatest ever team.
In 4-2-3-1 it will be either Carrick-Pogba-Rooney or Schneiderlin-Pogba-Mata and Herrera as backup/supersub.

Dazzmondo

Good first half. Our passing has been great. Not many chances unfortunately, mostly down to Everton packing their box with players. Martial is the only player that has underperformed imo. Shaw and Valencia both look good going forward especially Shaw. There was one instance where Shaw should have closed down Coleman to prevent him putting a ball in but didn't. Thankfully Lukaku headed the chance wide. Apart from that he's been great imo. Certainly the best he's looked in pre-season and what a shot! Herrera's my motm in first half. Thought he was great and linked the play perfectly. I'm sure his pass accuracy will be very high and he's bringing the ball forward effectively. Wayne is doing well, some nice link up play with Zlatan. Happy with Lingard. Ibra being forced to move outside the box because of how crowded it is in there though. I'm happy we have this game in pre-season because I think we'll see lots of teams play like this against us this season. Good to be prepared for it early.

NJM78

Not too impressed so far, a lot off possession, poor final ball, no real shape or width. Some decent link up with Zlatan who is looking good. Everton however with very little possession have had two clear chances. I'm sure we will improve offensively once Lingard is replaced by Mhkitaryan and Mata and Rashford also get on.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Everton asking for a cannonade from outside the box but Jose clearly wants the players to work with different set of pass combinations.

Fully understandable but Scholes, Keano or even Pogba would finish them quickly with few screamers.

lem8sh

In 4-2-3-1 it will be either Carrick-Pogba-Rooney or Schneiderlin-Pogba-Mata and Herrera as backup/supersub.
Pogba and Carrick in a midfield 2 and we'd be torn to shreds by the decent sides. Pogba needs to be in a midfield 3 imo or as a 10. Either way there is not room for Pogba, Zlatan and Rooney.

Thiim

Probably shouldn't read too much into the game, but we still have problems with the final ball and seem to get stuck at the edge of the box. Pogba's long range shots and passes in behind the opposition bus should come in handy.
Assuming we sign him of course

Status
Not open for further replies.