Rooney - Wants to stay next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Of course he does, who else is going to paid a finished footballer those wages? As long as he's nowhere near the squad I'm not arsed.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It wouldn't be surprising if he did stay with us. With Zlatan gone and possibly Carrick going as well, there would be no experienced guy in our squad. Surely, plus with a limited transfer budget- maybe 150m maximum, don't think we'd be able to buy another striker to replace him as well.

soapythecat

He is only getting game time at the minute because Jose has run out of fit players. The only way WR is still at the club next season is if we get hit with a transfer ban.
Surely, he must know he isn't needed anymore.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Nothing story. He also said he wanted to play. It was a bog standard answer.

arthurka

Great news.. Can't really see us coping without him and Zlatan next season.. Hell no..Rooney can feck off.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Just a media trained footballer answering a question in a way that avoids a media shitstorm.
Well clearly not well trained then as him saying he stays will cause a shitstorm. If he would have said no one would bat an eyelid.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He also said he want's to play regularly and considering he's also about 5th choice in the only two positions Jose sees him in, and we're going to sign more players for those positions, I'd say it's fairly certain he will move.

buckooo1978

he needs to retire.....

he will embarrass himself at Everton - does anyone think he's a chance of getting a game ahead of Barkley?

he's a Championship level player based on his performances this season

I've never ever seen a player decline so fast

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Yeah, so because he doesn't say 'ney, in fact I'm quitting now, effective immediately' he has categorically said he wants to be here next season?

Alabaster Codify7

Course he 'cking does. He's explored his options and realised he either goes to China or takes a major paycut so he'll start working his buddies in the media now who'll swarm out the stories about how he deserves the respect to be allowed to see out his career here.

C'est Moi Cantona

Sky Sports News are so tiresome, playschool stuff with their 'Top Stories' / 'breaking news', thank goodness for Orla Chennaoui, wouldn't be worth watching otherwise.

walkinhop

It wouldn't be surprising if he did stay with us. With Zlatan gone and possibly Carrick going as well, there would be no experienced guy in our squad. Surely, plus with a limited transfer budget- maybe 150m maximum, don't think we'd be able to buy another striker to replace him as well.
Experienced in what?

Djemba-Djemba

In what way has Rooney's experience helped us this season?

For someone so experienced I struggle to think of a stupider moment this season than Rooney giving away that free kick against Swansea a few weeks ago. Also he's like 5th choice, we don't need to replace him. Just get rid.

pacifictheme

Really?

Tbf Rooney's wages combined are enough to carry you riding across the Atlantic.
Ooo lovely. Always wanted to see america!

I assume this was a response to a question in a presser. Literally nothing else he could say.

buckooo1978

if Mourinho gives him a squad number he should be sacked for monumental stupidity

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
He's gone.

Jose won't keep him just for the experience. Especially with the poor perfomances he puts out.

This is Rooney just being professional and avoiding a media storm.

buckooo1978

Of course he does. He's owned 30m
this is maybe the key thing.....

how much will it take to get him off the books? Everton certainly won't be buying out a contract...he will go somewhere on a free with a golden goodbye

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
In what way has Rooney's experience helped us this season?

For someone so experienced I struggle to think of a stupider moment this season than Rooney giving away that free kick against Swansea a few weeks ago. Also he's like 5th choice, we don't need to replace him. Just get rid.
Spoiling that chance against Arsenal when he chose to score with keeper being already under his nose instead of passing it to unmarked Herrera must be also quite high on the 'achievements' list.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Experienced in what?
Among the only guys who's been there done that. I don't mind if he stays although his wages need to be lowered as he isn't a starter anymore, because most youngsters can learn a thing or two from him

walkinhop

Among the only guys who's been there done that. I don't mind if he stays although his wages need to be lowered as he isn't a starter anymore, because most youngsters can learn a thing or two from him
Similar to what Young did with his wages?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If this is from the press conference he was asked if he wants to still be a United player next season and he said of course. What else was he meant to say?
"No, the club has lost ambition and direction since SAF's retirement, I need to think about myself and get the hell out of that sinking boat."

spwd

After this season people still saying or thinking he offers something including experience, wtf :lol::houllier:

Status
Not open for further replies.