Rooney - Wants to stay next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolvored

We will end up paying him off either partly or fully, but I cant see Mourinho having him here next season

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Sky Sports news sensationalise everything these days. All that 'BREAKING NEWS' crap is nothing but embarrassing.

Oaencha

I have no doubt he will go in the summer; probably with a £10-15m brown handshake.

It's just getting a bit tortuous now. Kind of like the 18 year old family dog, whose legs have gone and leaves a trail of piss behind him wherever he walks. It's obvious he needs to be put down but the family don't want to make the decision as he has been a good companion throughout the years.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I have no doubt he will go in the summer; probably with a £10-15m brown handshake.

It's just getting a bit tortuous now. Kind of like the 18 year old family dog, whose legs have gone and leaves a trail of piss behind him wherever he walks. It's obvious he needs to be put down but the family don't want to make the decision as he has been a good companion throughout the years.
Yeah, but beloved Bonzo is on £300k per week plus bonus treats! And his journo mates will write 'Bonzo: Prisoner of Old Trafford' headlines at the drop of a...um...bone. Ok, I'll go now...

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
We have ungrateful fans on here.

If he stays he will hardly play. Also who cares about his wages . It's not your money. United is the richest club in the world so his wages mean nothing in the grand scheme.

He's come back early from numerous injuries and played his ass off for so many years. If he wants to stay knowing he won't play ahead of some one better, let him stay.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Everyone complains about clickbait yet nobody does anything about it.

There are a gang of extensions for all browsers. You can strip out content for all of the regular offenders. Just add sites to the blocklist and never let them pass under your nose.

This article is written to be inflammatory and provoke a response. We all know that the lines uttered have nothing to do with Rooney believing he can stay so why indulge it?

I'm not fond of the lad and I wish he'd been managed out as part of the process that Fergie started. Yet he's been impeccably behaved this season. Jose set the boundaries and to my mind he hasn't tried to push them anywhere. At least not with any real conviction.

He'll leave this summer.

manunited1919

this is maybe the key thing.....

how much will it take to get him off the books? Everton certainly won't be buying out a contract...he will go somewhere on a free with a golden goodbye
Yes. Fecking David Moyes and that contract, the gift that keeps on giving.

C'est Moi Cantona

If he stays he will hardly play. Also who cares about his wages . It's not your money. United is the richest club in the world so his wages mean nothing in the grand scheme.

He's come back early from numerous injuries and played his ass off for so many years. If he wants to stay knowing he won't play ahead of some one better, let him stay.
Yeah let him stay, no problem, sit on your arse Wayne because sure as hell you're no use on the pitch, no worries, we're rich and we owe you one... No, we don't owe him one, and he needs to go.

Last edited:

Djemba-Djemba

Is this serious?

You're suggesting we should keep Rooney around as a sort of £300k a week mascot? That's a terrible way to run a football club.

It's not about it being our money. If we get rid of Rooney it frees that money up and we can use it to buy someone who can actually play football.

manunited1919

As if we should be grateful for the dross he puts out the last few years. The least he should do is get himself fit to play, for the money he is getting paid.

ravi2

And I want to win the lotto but it's unlikely to happen.

Thanks for the service but it's MLS time for you Wayne..
I'm not sure he is even up to play at the MLS at this stage. China is probably his best bet

ravi2

You must not have been paying attention to his style of play for the last few seasons. He has been so bad its like we have 10 men out there when he is on the pitch...but sure let him stay right?

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
He was asked a direct question about his own future at a press conference just ahead of a vitally-important game. All any player in that position could say was "I still want to play, of course I want to play at this club". Any other answer would have been absolutely inappropriate.

I'm also in the "Rooney's finished here" camp, but he said the right thing today, even if it's not completely true.

Hercules

I am surprised with all the negative comments. Did he make a fuss about not playing every game? I'm missing something here.

I think Jose has handled this very well

Walters_19_MuFc

Why wouldn't he want to stay at United?

Obviously wanting to stay and actually getting to stay at the club are two different things.

Unfortunately, players don't get to choose whether they stay or not, but if I were Rooney, I'd want to stay and possibly retire at the club I've spent most of my career at.

If that's not an option; however, he'll have to move on.

Jaybomb

Take a paycut and he can stay as long as he likes.

I don't pay his wages obviously but it kinda makes a mockery out of the club that we're paying some geezer 300k a week to sit on the bench most weeks. If he wants to stay out his career like Giggs/Scholes did then hes more than welcome. But he should take a paycut and prove he loves the club by agreeing to a sporadic role like those two did.

Ribble Valley Red

Why has Rooney declined so much, is it just a loss of pace or is there more?
He's played top level for 15 years, there's only so much the body can take and he's never looked a natural athlete to me. He'll probably pile the timber on after he retires.

He's a similar age to Cantona when he left, I thought Eric looked shot for parts of his last season.

markhrad

I am a major critic of Rooney but its not fair to put him in a " damned if he do and damned if he don't " situation. He is not a bad person so he will always give the politically correct answer to such a question.
If I were him, however, I would take a pay cut and return to Everton, if they still want him, stating that as much as he loves Man Utd, the fans, the players etc, that he has always wanted to end his career playing for the club he grew up supporting.
Fans would understand and he would escape the embarrassment of not been sought after by other clubs, home or abroad.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Is this serious?

You're suggesting we should keep Rooney around as a sort of £300k a week mascot? That's a terrible way to run a football club.

It's not about it being our money. If we get rid of Rooney it frees that money up and we can use it to buy someone who can actually play football.
Erm: the club is legally contracted to pay his salary next season. So the option you hypothese is impossible.

if I were him, I'd only leave if United subsidised my salary at any new club next year.

In that case, maybe better to have him in the Background.

Runner

He has literally nothing to offer the first team anymore. I would be furious if he was still playing for us next season even in a bit part role.

Stringer

Piss off. United aren't a charity and Rooney has been well rewarded for his performances. The club may be rich but Rooney's excessive wages still have an impact.

EyeInTheSky

If Rooney is still here stealing a living next season along with a bunch of other dross I will go fecking postal.

We need a considerable change in the playing staff. To even compete we need at least 4 players and that's not even considering replacing players who are not even good enough to be backup.

Then there's the champions league if we make it in their we are way off

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Offer him a 5 year deal inline with Ibra's wage.

dichinero

Why don't we just sign half of the Sunderland team and just keep them on the books too. Pay for no play and what not, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.