Roy Keane

poleglass red

I think he could do okay there. There isn't a pressure to win leagues etc, all he needs is to be competitive, win a cup. The obvious concerns would be his temperament , but Neil lennon got kudos for his role as Hibs manager and he's as bad if not worse than Keane . You'd imagine this would be his last throw of the dice re management, so maybe he could reign it in a bit.As Ian Wright says, Keane follows football very closely and can tell you about players in the lower leagues. For a club like Hibs who can't spend the top coin, that could be a valuable asset to them in recruiting, His name would bring a lot of focus on Hibs as well. I'd like to see him make a success of it he got it.

macheda14

I think he could do okay there. There isn't a pressure to win leagues etc, all he needs is to be competitive, win a cup. The obvious concerns would be his temperament , but Neil lennon got kudos for his role as Hibs manager and he's as bad if not worse than Keane . You'd imagine this would be his last throw of the dice re management, so maybe he could reign it in a bit.As Ian Wright says, Keane follows football very closely and can tell you about players in the lower leagues. For a club like Hibs who can't spend the top coin, that could be a valuable asset to them in recruiting, His name would bring a lot of focus on Hibs as well. I'd like to see him make a success of it he got it.
It’s weird he did quite recently say on record that his management days are over. But then again maybe this is a job that doesn’t have quite the pressure as a championship side. Also Edinburgh is a pretty nice place to relocate to.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why on earth would he want to manage some minnow in a lowly league miles from home?
When he can keep his "no lose" lifestyle of occasionally popping up on tv, slating a bunch of people and living in the same place?

poleglass red

It’s weird he did quite recently say on record that his management days are over. But then again maybe this is a job that doesn’t have quite the pressure as a championship side. Also Edinburgh is a pretty nice place to relocate to.
He said he didn't think any clubs could offer him a "really good opportunity" to get back into coaching. I'm sure if he speaks to Hibs and he'll determine if they do or not. One thing we know he won't do, is jump back in at first opportunity, the recent Sunderland links proved that. I think Hibs is a great chance for him, a great City, good fan base, and lets be honest, if he gets Hibs to 3rd in the league he'll of been a success

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I’d love to see him at the club as backroom staff. I think he would so well in a more pastoral role, maybe in charge of academy graduates transition to the first team, offering guidance and maintaining the highest standards across the academy with respect to training, lifestyle and attitude.

macheda14

I’d love to see him at the club as backroom staff. I think he would so well in a more pastoral role, maybe in charge of academy graduates transition to the first team, offering guidance and maintaining the highest standards across the academy with respect to training, lifestyle and attitude.
So a big part of Fletcher's role?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
So a big part of Fletcher's role?
Isn’t he more involved with training and first team squad player liaison? And I thought the role I described overlaps Phelan’s more than anything.

frookydinho

Loved everything he just said.

Why are we bringing on Mata and Jones to get them a round of applause, whose giving them contracts, whose making these decisions.

Pickle85

Loved everything he just said.

Why are we bringing on Mata and Jones to get them a round of applause, whose giving them contracts, whose making these decisions.
Mata did more when he came on than most did in the 90. Weird example to choose.

frookydinho

We have some excellent kids on the bench, why shouldn't Hannibal or Shoretire get the extra minutes? They're our future, they're the boys who we want to see developed and integrated for our future.

Pickle85

We have some excellent kids on the bench, why shouldn't Hannibal or Shoretire get the extra minutes? They're our future, they're the boys who we want to see developed and integrated for our future.
In fairness we were still in the game with a point. If you ask me who I want to bring on at that stage of the game to make sure we keep the ball a little better and are a little cuter in possession it's Mata all day long.

frookydinho

In fairness we were still in the game with a point. If you ask me who I want to bring on at that stage of the game to make sure we keep the ball a little better and are a little cuter in possession it's Mata all day long.
But more to the point, he was right about the needless contracts we have been handing out. All this focus on Ronaldo and next season, he called out Bruno and said why isn't Bruno being questioned, he doesn't win the ball back. Rashford doesn't offer that energy or doesnt run and press high up, why focus on Ronaldo whose on 17 goals in the league

Pickle85

But more to the point, he was right about the needless contracts we have been handing out. All this focus on Ronaldo and next season, he called out Bruno and said why isn't Bruno being questioned, he doesn't win the ball back. Rashford doesn't offer that energy or doesnt run and press high up, why focus on Ronaldo whose on 17 goals in the league
Yeah can't argue with this. Spot on.

Red00012

He did but why is it he only made his PL debut v Everton is what I can’t understand . He’s clearly one of the better players to pick a pass granted his legs won’t give us 90mins

Kag

He’s full of shit, let’s be honest. On what earth is Juan Mata ‘jobs for the boys’?

A caricature of a bloke, getting work and dining out on an admittedly good sense of humour and quick wit. He has an image he works hard to manufacture.

Red00012

He’s full of shit, let’s be honest. On what earth is Juan Mata ‘jobs for the boys’?

A caricature of a bloke, getting work and dining out on an admittedly good sense of humour and quick wit. He has an image he works hard to manufacture.
Should Mata be at the club ? He made his PL debut v Everton a few weeks back . Granted he comes on and passes it around but he’s past it . He should have been released last season.

Kag

Should Mata be at the club ? He made his PL debut v Everton a few weeks back . Granted he comes on and passes it around but he’s past it . He should have been released last season.
No, he shouldn’t. But it isn’t a ‘jobs for the boys’ situation either. Strange use of the saying.

Red00012

No, he shouldn’t. But it isn’t a ‘jobs for the boys’ situation either. Strange use of the saying.
Maybe he means Mata / Matic are there so long let’s just give them another year they’re good to have around . Either way both should have been moved on and replaced with quality but we haven’t . Now we are left with a shitshow in the summer with players out of contract / past it and a squad overhaul needed. We have only ourselves to blame

Kag

Maybe he means Mata / Matic are there so long let’s just give them another year they’re good to have around . Either way both should have been moved on and replaced with quality but we haven’t . Now we are left with a shitshow in the summer with players out of contract / past it and a squad overhaul needed. We have only ourselves to blame
I agree with you there.

Pickle85

He did but why is it he only made his PL debut v Everton is what I can’t understand . He’s clearly one of the better players to pick a pass granted his legs won’t give us 90mins
Yeah, seems like there's been absolutely no planning. I had such high hopes for Ralph but he's done nothing of note.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Another contract for one of the boys he definitely reads the caf :lol:

Spot on Roy

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Good job on Pogba Woody, that resale value is tremendous for this summer.

Roy is spot on. Mata did do well when he came on, like he did with Liverpool. But with a dead rubber end to the season, it should be the likes of Garnacho coming on sooner and experiencing these games when the pressure is not as high, and not Juan. As much as I like the bloke

Easy to say that now he's gone, more blame deflection. Did his right hand man who is now in charge secretly disagree with him then? And if so why didn't he counsel him against it?

We will probably see lots more stories about how Woodward was solely responsible for all bad things in the club.

Kag

How is it a strange use of the saying? It's the exact right use of the saying.
It isn’t, though, is it? Jobs for the boys indicates that friends and/or family are getting work for no other reason than that. Jobs for the boys would have merit if this were Ole bringing in Scholes, Neville and Rio. Where does Mata fit into that?

The hero worship of Keane is very weird at this point. I like him, but he doesn’t half talk shite.

Frank Grimes

It isn’t, though, is it? Jobs for the boys indicates that friends and/or family are getting work for no other reason than that. Jobs for the boys would have merit if this were Ole bringing in Scholes, Neville and Rio. Where does Mata fit into that?

The hero worship of Keane is very weird at this point. I like him, but he doesn’t half talk shite.
Its nothing about hero worship of Keane.
Giving Mata a new contract perfectly fits the description he made. Been 'one of the boys' doesn't mean he was an ex teammate, he's used it to suggest he's got it for non footballing reasons and because he is well liked. You've took the phrase way too literally I'm afraid.

Zoo

He definitely chats a lot of shite or is just happy to sit in the studio phoning it in knowing that a cutting comment is what everyone laps up. Case in point was his quip about Rudiger not wanting to join United because he wants to win trophies when the truth is he’s 28 and looking for a big payday, everything United should be trying to move away from.

Kag

Its nothing about hero worship of Keane.
Giving Mata a new contract perfectly fits the description he made. Been 'one of the boys' doesn't mean he was an ex teammate, he's used it to suggest he's got it for non footballing reasons and because he is well liked. You've took the phrase way too literally I'm afraid.
I’ve taken the phrases exactly as it means. That’s how language works.

Frank Grimes

I’ve taken the phrases exactly as it means. That’s how language works.

Not only friends or family, also favourites is included. Mata is a popular guy (ie a favourite, one of the boys) but hasn't been good at football for years. Phil Jones is another example. Both were given new contracts instead of been shown the door. There is a culture of looking after each other beyond footballing reasons. "Jobs for the boys" is a perfectly fine description of this phenomenon.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Easy to say that now he's gone, more blame deflection. Did his right hand man who is now in charge secretly disagree with him then? And if so why didn't he counsel him against it?

We will probably see lots more stories about how Woodward was solely responsible for all bad things in the club.
I don’t disagree with the premise that everything will now be blamed on woody but Arnold will have had feck all to do with football decisions in his previous role.

Golden Nugget

Not only friends or family, also favourites is included. Mata is a popular guy (ie a favourite, one of the boys) but hasn't been good at football for years. Phil Jones is another example. Both were given new contracts instead of been shown the door. There is a culture of looking after each other beyond footballing reasons. "Jobs for the boys" is a perfectly fine description of this phenomenon.
Going by his recent cameos I’d say it’s the complete opposite and wondering how he’s gotten so little football in the past few seasons.

I’d say he’s more deserving of minutes than quite a number of others