Rugby 2019 Discussion

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I don't follow rugby but I really enjoyed the 2015 WC and will also follow the 2019 WC.

GeorgieBoy

Only a casual rugby fan.
What I don't understand is that England have to go away to 2 of the best teams in the competition and have the easier ones at home. Whereas the reverse is true for Wales.
Will the home and away fixtures reverse next year? How is the schedule decided?

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
According to former Wallaby, Jeremy Paul England will be the moral winners of the 6 nations if Wales beat Ireland to secure the 6 nations title. His rationale was because England were so impressive in beating Ireland in Dublin, a result which even more impressive because according to Jeremy Paul, Ireland are the only team to beat New Zealand in the last few years.

South Africa's win in Wellington last year doesn't count, ditto Australia's win against New Zealand in Brisbane in late 2017 and sorry Lions fans, the Lions' win in Wellington doesn't count either apparently.

We have some real idiots in the Aussie media but on Wednesday night in his role as a panelist on a sports panel show, Jeremy Paul took stupidity to another level.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Wales unchanged from the team that beat Scotland last week.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Ringrose did alright v France didn’t he? A good team that.
Still, have to fancy Wales especially as they’re at home - though Ireland seem to relish the role of spoilers. My head says Wales will win. My heart, probably won’t be able to take it ;)

6N: Final round

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I'll be disappointed if Angus Gardner doesn't use the word 'mate' at least 10 times in Cardiff today.

RedDevilRoshi

Final day of fixtures. England will know what they have to do by 5pm. So will Scotland :devil:

ROUND FIVE

Italy v France, Saturday Mar 16, 12.30pm (UK & Ireland), Rome

Wales v Ireland, Saturday Mar 16, 2.45pm, Cardiff

England v Scotland, Saturday Mar 16, 5.00pm Twickenham

I'd love Italy to get a final day shock, us to spoil Wales' grand slam and Scotland to upset England. :D

I’d love us to beat England but with the way things have gone so far for us in this campaign, I’m going to give it a miss as not expecting anything other than England to absolutely decimate Scotland this evening.

Hope I’m proved wrong but just cannot see it.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Come on the Welsh.

Just had my Irish mixed grill out of respect to our counter parts.

Baked potato, roast potato, boiled potato and Mash :drool:

Oldyella

Italy will be kicking themselves if they don't win this. Had the chances.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Shame. Italy just lacked some composure when it mattered. Would have loved to see them get a win. Onto the big one now.
Matt Williams on Irish tv giving that lad hell for not transferring the ball to the side away from the defender before grounding, instead leaving it near him and allowing him to dislodge it in the tackle. Tough but possibly fair.

Moriarty

Shame. Italy just lacked some composure when it mattered. Would have loved to see them get a win. Onto the big one now.
There's been talk of late about Italy's status in the six nations with relegation being touted to allow other nations the chance of competing.

Oldyella

Matt Williams on Irish tv giving that lad hell for not transferring the ball to the side away from the defender before grounding, instead leaving it near him and allowing him to dislodge it in the tackle. Tough but possibly fair.
Yeah, great tackle all the same but the player should have made sure, and could have easily.

There's been talk of late about Italy's status in the six nations with relegation being touted to allow other nations the chance of competing.
Results don't seem to improve. Not sure it helps anyone them getting beat over and over, no matter how valiantly they play and get close.

Zoo

Anscombe has been trying little kick over the top all tournament, finally it comes off.