Rugby 2019 Discussion

Zoo

And still people won’t give Gatland enough credit. He’s an excellent coach and been great for Wales.

Biggar changed the game and Liam Williams is a special player.

Dan_F

Fair result. Couldn’t take advantage while we were on top. Not sure in the logic of kicking the ball when you’re down with 7 minutes to go.

Hephaestus

And still people won’t give Gatland enough credit. He’s an excellent coach and been great for Wales.

Biggar changed the game and Liam Williams is a special player.
Gonna miss him so much, been brilliant for us for so long.

Oldyella

Fair result. Couldn’t take advantage while we were on top. Not sure in the logic of kicking the ball when you’re down with 7 minutes to go.
Poor kicking all game and no one had sense to change things up when it wasn't working.

GeorgieBoy

Ffs. Got it all wrong in the second half!
Wales deserved the win. Hoping Ireland can take something from the the final round of games but think Wales will get the Slam now.

Reiver

Scotland were poor today, France their for taking. Townsend has a decision to make for the Wales game: Russell will probably be back but if he's not he should start Hastings and probably Price at scrum half. I don't know what Tommy Seymour has to do to get dropped, he's been gash for over a year now. Grigg was solid in defence but awful in attack.
I know we have a lot of injuries but I'm starting to miss Vern Cotter. Wales will feel they have nothing to fear from us.

Well done Wales. Whilst they are always capable of raising their game to extraordinary levels against England, I didn't think they had that in them. Still hate Wyn Jones though.

RedDevilRoshi

Scotland were poor today, France their for taking. Townsend has a decision to make for the Wales game: Russell will probably be back but if he's not he should start Hastings and probably Price at scrum half. I don't know what Tommy Seymour has to do to get dropped, he's been gash for over a year now. Grigg was solid in defence but awful in attack.
I know we have a lot of injuries but I'm starting to miss Vern Cotter. Wales will feel they have nothing to fear from us.

Well done Wales. Whilst they are always capable of raising their game to extraordinary levels against England, I didn't think they had that in them. Still hate Wyn Jones though.
It’s just an all too familiar story in the 6N for us. What really has pissed me off is the number of fundamental/schoolboy errors that we have made during this campaign. At this level, you will get severely punished and that’s what has happened.

We just completely bottle it whenever we play away from home. Fair enough, we’ve got a ton of injuries but that just highlights how poor our depth really is when we are down to our bare bones.

Wales next and well God knows what’s going to happen as they are on fire right now. 12 wins in a row (I don’t know if that is a national record) is just absolutely incredible and I personally hope they go on and win it.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
It’s just an all too familiar story in the 6N for us. What really has pissed me off is the number of fundamental/schoolboy errors that we have made during this campaign. At this level, you will get severely punished and that’s what has happened.

We just completely bottle it whenever we play away from home. Fair enough, we’ve got a ton of injuries but that just highlights how poor our depth really is when we are down to our bare bones.

Wales next and well God knows what’s going to happen as they are on fire right now. 12 wins in a row (I don’t know if that is a national record) is just absolutely incredible and I personally hope they go on and win it.
I think Wales are on their best winning streak for over 100 years. 1910 was mentioned on the commentary i heard.

Reiver

You're right, the basic errors are killing us even more than the injuries. Another hugely disappointing campaign. We've got to get past this mental block away from home. Can't see it happening at Twickenham this year though

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Phew! Somewhat frustrating day what with Utd’s injuries and then the Irish team playing an error strewn game.
Fair play to Italy who gave the Irish a bit of a scare.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Lads has the rules over the TMO changed in rugby? There were are few incidents in the 6N games this weekend that would've been called in recent years but the TMOs seemed to turn a blind eye to. The Courtney Laws removal of the ball from the Welsh maul to start the phases for the Curry try was one and then there were a few late hits with no arms in the Scotland France games. They come to mind off the top of my head. Can the TMO review any play and inform the Ref or does the ref have to ask for a review. I know a lot of folk in the media were complaining about the speed of decisions and the amount of refs asking for TMO reviews last year but I would be of the opinion that you get the call right first and foremost.