Rugby 2019 Discussion

diarm

Wales on fire here.
They really haven't been.

Their intensity in defence has been excellent but to have only scored one try against comfortably the worst hour of Irish rugby in the last 20 years is poor stuff from Wales.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
The really important question to ask now is...

Is it worse to have dreams dashed this early and know that we'll be going out in a WC quarter final again, or to have done well in this 6N and be gutted when we go out in a WC quarter final :D

diarm

I love Joe but his refusal to remove Sexton, Murray and Best when they have been beyond shite in this tournament is very, very poor.

Regardless of whether Carberry, Marmion or Scannell could have fixed the shower of shit we've seen here, leaving those 3 on for an hour plus while they're grossly underperforming sets a standard that such poor form is acceptable. We want to be compared to the best teams but those 3 would've been hooked at half time of the England game if they were playing for New Zealand.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I love Joe but his refusal to remove Sexton, Murray and Best when they have been beyond shite in this tournament is very, very poor.

Regardless of whether Carberry, Marmion or Scannell could have fixed the shower of shit we've seen here, leaving those 3 on for an hour plus while they're grossly underperforming sets a standard that such poor form is acceptable. We want to be compared to the best teams but those 3 would've been hooked at half time of the England game if they were playing for New Zealand.
Sad to say but it's true. When we've been so stung by lack of depth at 10 in particular in the past, it's unforgiveable to at least give another one a go when Sexton is so out of form.

diarm

I was overly harsh criticising Wales, probably a sign of how pissed off I am.

They've been immense in defence and intensity - real commitment and courage to throw everything on the line. There is no team in rugby I hate losing to as much as the Welsh but feck it that was an effort well worthy of a Grand Slam. Warriors.

Hephaestus

Fantastic stuff. Yeah, Ireland were pure shit today but still, how to win the grand slam in style. Over the fecking moon. Wonder if Eddie Jones still thinks we're tired?

Gonna miss Gatland so much, been a superlative coach for us. Glad he goes out in the best way possible.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Oh Christy.

We haven't shown up. Watching this 6N would make you think Sexton and Murray are finished at the top. It feels like all of the gains made by Irish rugby to be tough to beat, competitive and innovative have melted away.
There is always 4 years when we integrate some of the U20 grand slam kids.

On this season it’s Joe’s fault, it very much reminds me of the season SAF was going to retire, as well as the amount of risks he took with the fullback position.

IRELANDUNITED

Awful stuff from us today but I'm sure we were holding a lot back for the WC, ideally it would have been nice to stop Wales winning the GS but the world cup has been the focus since the England game

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
That was a shoulder charge. No attempt to wrap the arms around.

Awful decision

Oldyella

Not sure what Jones says to England at half time but he needs to change it.