Rugby 2020 discussion

dbs235

Where are the welsh when we need them? What do you guys think about the new coaching staff and what are your expectations? If need be can we count on you to bring England down to earth?
I'm an England fan and I'm not that confident. Sarcaens players are massivley important to England and they've not had an ideal time recently. It's good that we have Wales and Ireland at home at least. But any game other than Italy in the Six Nations is always a huge battle.

Thisistheone

Really like that French team. Great to see a 9-10 combo that could be a mainstay for years to come. Both world class. And Vakatawa will rip it up this tournament.

Thisistheone

Where are the welsh when we need them? What do you guys think about the new coaching staff and what are your expectations? If need be can we count on you to bring England down to earth?
Nervous post Gatland. Pivac will bring a more open style but slowly, judging by the side he's picked for Italy. Not expecting us to win the tournament, But at least blood some new players in (mainly Louis Rees-Zammit) and play some sexy rugby like Pivac produced with the Scarlets.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Two good games to start the super rugby season but gutted that the QLD Reds couldn't beat the ACT Brumbies abeing 17-7 ahead at half time. I'll refrain from mentioning the Blues vs Chiefs game as the resident Chiefs fan (@JPRouve ) might not have seen the game yet.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Be a big ask to beat England away this season. We have a new coach with very different ideas to Gatland, long term it may turn out very well. I read earlier Nvidi is out for a while and we are struggling to fill the center positions. Also I think England/Jones will be up for this championship 100%.

You never know of course it can happen but I would say the odds are quite a bit against it this year.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Can't see Wales retaining it, personally. That's a huge change from 12 years of Gatland and i assume it's going to take a while to settle. Nvidi out is a big miss, as is Davies. Faletau is back though so that could be huge. They should beat Italy at home tomorrow, but England and Ireland away is tough.

Gonna go with England to win it this year.

Thisistheone

England: Furbank; May, Tuilagi, Farrell (capt), Daly; Ford, B Youngs; Marler, George, Sinckler, Itoje, Ewels, Lawes, Underhill, Curry.

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Genge, Stuart, Kruis, Ludlam, Heinz, Devoto, Joseph

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
When Nigel Owens referees a test match, the home team wins 90% of the time. Eddie Jones was all too happy to mention that at his press conference.

kidbob

Really excited for this. Expecting 3rd or 4th for Ireland but we do have the talent to win it. Excited to see France too. Honestly there's 4 teams that have the talent to win the whole thing but I fancy England as they have a settled coaching staff and probably the best squad overall

For Ireland I want to see a more expensive game and results are not hugely important within reason. I'd have loved to see Cooney start but understand changing too much too soon. Otherwise a real pity that Carberry is injured again. He's the best replacement for Johnny in my opinion, just hope he isn't ruined by injuries.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is it me or italians seem particularly small?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Decent half there by Wales. Only against Italy but some nice tries. I don't like this ref though, he's way too finicky. Some of these high tackle calls are ridiculous.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Good performance overall for Wales. Bonus point which could come in handy at the end. Very easy game though.

RedDevilRoshi

Just watched the game now. Wasteful from Scotland is the best way to describe that. I personally thought Ireland were nowhere near there best and certainly there for the taking but our wastefulness in the 22 was our major downfall.

That Stuart Hogg moment when he dropped the ball on the Irish try line summed it up. What a clanger! It’s like missing an open goal from 2 yards out.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Just watched the game now. Wasteful from Scotland is the best way to describe that. I personally thought Ireland were nowhere near there best and certainly there for the taking but our wastefulness in the 22 was our major downfall.

That Stuart Hogg moment when he dropped the ball on the Irish try line summed it up. What a clanger! It’s like missing an open goal from 2 yards out.
Funny how he ran off celebrating too. Like, not even a hint of "trying to fool the ref" he seemed to be earnestly doing it.

In other news, Farrell seems to be someone who sees the positive side of everything. He was "delighted" and said Scotland were "fantastic" :eek:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Thought Ireland was very average in that game. Scotland lost it. They had so many opportunities but just fluffed it each time they got to the try line. Stuart Hogg dropping the ball was inexplicable. I think him running off celebrating was a mixture of denial and embarrassment.

Whoever wins tomorrow is the winner of the tournament for me.

RedDevilRoshi

Funny how he ran off celebrating too. Like, not even a hint of "trying to fool the ref" he seemed to be earnestly doing it.

In other news, Farrell seems to be someone who sees the positive side of everything. He was "delighted" and said Scotland were "fantastic" :eek:
I didn’t know whether to laugh or shout my head off when he dropped it. Virtually sat back on my couch in complete silence trying not to explode after what I had just seen. Inexcusable at this level.

Don’t know what Farrell was on? Wouldn’t say we were ‘fantastic’. If we were ‘fantastic’ we would have won that game. We done well but seemed to get a nose bleed every time we got near the Irish try line. Something you become very accustomed to when you watch our national team play :lol:

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
A win was expected for IRE but that was tough going. A more clinical Scotland would have took them today.
Hopefully Farrell has leaned a lot about this squad as they’ll need to step it up to beat the rest, bar Italy.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
I didn’t know whether to laugh or shout my head off when he dropped it. Virtually sat back on my couch in complete silence trying not to explode after what I had just seen. Inexcusable at this level.

Don’t know what Farrell was on? Wouldn’t say we were ‘fantastic’. If we were ‘fantastic’ we would have won that game. We done well but seemed to get a nose bleed every time we got near the Irish try line. Something you become very accustomed to when you watch our national team play :lol:
I think Scotland were very good, just missed a big ball carrier or two.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Handling errors galore by England today. Shocking stuff.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Handling errors galore by England today. Shocking stuff.
Yup, Farrell having one of his (increasingly rare) bad days, Sinclair dreadful, Furbank dreadful, Ewels now playing as well as needed.

JPRouve

Scout
Is Edwards that good or is that pure coincidence? There is still a second half to play but France seems less disorganized and undisciplined.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Is Edwards that good or is that pure coincidence? There is still a second half to play but France seems less disorganized and undisciplined.
He's that good. Wales have lost out big time not being able to keep him.

JPRouve

Scout
It's crazy how young England is despite the fact that the team is very experienced.

JPRouve

Scout
England won't be undefeated, you can all thank us.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Both teams look very fallible, imo. Should be a good tournament

Dan_F

A combination of brilliant defence and a dreadful first half for England. I know it’s bad weather, but the attacking was pretty flat from England.

JPRouve

Scout
You done your best to try lose it in the second half though, fair play
Well England are supposed to be a better team and are significantly more experienced, so it's a bit harsh to label the second half as "Tried to lose it", England simply responded as it was expected.

Oldyella

A combination of brilliant defence and a dreadful first half for England. I know it’s bad weather, but the attacking was pretty flat from England.
Honestly think England need freshening up. Jones should have walked after the world cup.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Well England are supposed to be a better team and are significantly more experienced, so it's a bit harsh to label the second half as "Tried to lose it", England simply responded as it was expected.
Yes, i know. I was being a little facetious mate. I obviously didn't literally mean you tried to lose it. Never mind...

Dan_F

Honestly think England need freshening up. Jones should have walked after the world cup.
Yeah possibly. Although there has been a lot of changes to the squad. I remember thinking how strong the squad was at the World Cup and looking at the bench today thinking there wasn’t much there.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
France looking strong to win the tournament now for me. They're certainly fallible, but that defence for the most part was superb. Wales looked good but that was only against Italy so it's hard to tell. Ireland were dogged, but unspectacular.

JPRouve

Scout
Until they proved otherwise, I will assume that France are inconsistent. The defense was good at the exception of May's tries but I thought that the second one was very soft, some players seemed a bit gassed. Also it was a game against England, it's easy to get motivated and give that little extra, the game against Italy will tell us more about this team mentality.