Rugby 2020 discussion

Duafc

Village Lemon
Definitely, he's a great player and does his job with no frills.
Been great under the ball today and just makes good decisions.

Haven't always been a big fan but Aki was very good and Henshaw before he went off was huge.

Looking forward to England Scotland, hopefully Scotland can make it a right scrap.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That wind is something else. :lol:

JPRouve

Scout
Hastings has been really poor.

JPRouve

Scout
I'm watching Chiefs-Crusaders while waiting for Scotland-England to restart. I may have an obsession.

JPRouve

Scout
To be fair weather conditions are woeful.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Good win for Ireland today. They pressed Wales hard from the very start.

The Scotland/England game was woeful viewing in horrible conditions. The Scots need to seriously reduce their errors to have any chance to avoid 4 losses.

RedDevilRoshi

Same old story yet again. Why we got rid of Vern Cotter, I will never know?? Especially when VC didn’t want to leave in the 1st place which just makes it even more farcical!

Fair enough the conditions were dreadful (I stay in Edinburgh and this storm has been horrible so no surprises why there were so many wayward kicks) but have you ever seen a tier 1 nation make the same old countless errors like we do?

Last edited:

JPRouve

Scout
Early days but the Chiefs look like the team that ended last season, very solid in defense, disciplined and with a lethal backline but surprisingly this year the front 8 looks like it can match teams with big powerful forwards in the trenches.

JPRouve

Scout
What do you think so far @JPRouve
I liked everything at the exception of the decision to counter after the last italian kick, it's poor game management. Otherwise the attitude on defense is good and the attack is so far well organized.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I liked everything at the exception of the decision to counter after the last italian kick, it's poor game management. Otherwise the attitude on defense is good and the attack is so far well organized.
Probably cursed you with that post, sorry :lol:

think France have moved the point of contact well in attack. Couple of dodgy decisions and unnecessary mistakes though

JPRouve

Scout
Probably cursed you with that post, sorry :lol:

think France have moved the point of contact well in attack. Couple of dodgy decisions and unnecessary mistakes though
Yeah, Ntamack keeps picking the wrong option. It's a clear lack of experience.

JPRouve

Scout
A poor second half from France, too much indiscipline.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Weird game from the French alright. Sure they got the bonus point win but they looked like Jekyll & Hyde out there.
Their game against Wales is something to look forward to.

diarm

So seeding for the next world cup will be settled this November. Between now and then, these are our fixtures:

England (a)
Italy (h)
France (a)

Australia (a)
Australia (a)

Australia (h)
South Africa (h)
Japan (h)

:eek:

Thisistheone

Absolute peak Carlos Spencer. Makes his own kick harder, gives the crowd a bit of stick (then slots the kick to deny Crusaders a bonus point)

JPRouve

Scout
Rattez broke his fibula against Italy, he could be out for the remainder of the season.

JPRouve

Scout
Thats a shame. Any idea when Penaud is back?
He is in the team for the next game and Rattez is replaced by Ngandebe. That now makes 5 players from the MHRC playing for France, not bad for the "Foreign Legion".

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Same old story yet again. Why we got rid of Vern Cotter, I will never know?? Especially when VC didn’t want to leave in the 1st place which just makes it even more farcical!

Fair enough the conditions were dreadful (I stay in Edinburgh and this storm has been horrible so no surprises why there were so many wayward kicks) but have you ever seen a tier 1 nation make the same old countless errors like we do?
It's infuriating mate. While watching with my brother and dad on Saturday I said the same, the decision to get rid of VC looks more and more clueless with each passing game.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
It's weirdly almost fair because he screws both teams. The VDF try shouldn't have been given, for example, because there was no grounding that could be seen at all.
Did Poite not state that he had seen the ball grounded but wanted to check to see if there was any knock on in the build up. The weird thing for me was if he has seen the grounding why not just ask the TMO the simple question is there any reason why I cannot allow the try?

JPRouve

Scout
Did Poite not state that he had seen the ball grounded but wanted to check to see if there was any knock on in the build up. The weird thing for me was if he has seen the grounding why not just ask the TMO the simple question is there any reason why I cannot allow the try?
No, what he asked actually made sense. He said that they saw the ball grounded but want to check the grounding.