Rugby 2020 discussion

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Wow! Massive moment that. On a side note I’m amazed the ref hasn’t given Biggar a rollicking, he’s shouting at the ref constantly

Hephaestus

Great interception, was just starting to hope and just like that the 8 point lead is back.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I struggle with the idea that Ntamack is only 20.

JPRouve

Scout
French envelopes reached the ref at half time. :angel:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Surprise to see France get away with something. Got away with quite a bit in this game

JPRouve

Scout
Wales vs France have given us good games but they are terrible for our health.

Hephaestus

Great game. Can't have too many complaints with that, France were good value for their win but we showed great heart to keep it close.

If Ireland win tomorrow then there is a good chance we wind up with France v Ireland as the last game with the winner completing the grand slam. Can't remember the last time that happened.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Good win by the French. In some ways I thought they should have been braver in high ball situations but they managed to hold on. Some pivotal decisions/moments decided it such as Ntamacks interception for his try and the no call on the penalty try for Wales.
France though answered the question on their last 20 minutes intensity.

The less said about Italy/Scotland the better.

JPRouve

Scout
Good win by the French. In some ways I thought they should have been braver in high ball situations but they managed to hold on. Some pivotal decisions/moments decided it such as Ntamacks interception for his try and the no call on the penalty try for Wales.
France though answered the question on their last 20 minutes intensity.

The less said about Italy/Scotland the better.
I will say what everyone thinks, Italy should be ditched in favor of Georgia, they have been given enough rope.

JPRouve

Scout
Scotland were very, very poor too though.
I agree but Italy have only won one game in the last 6 tournaments and they are currently below Georgia in the IRB ranking. Scotland are poor but Italy is just something else.

I will say what everyone thinks, Italy should be ditched in favor of Georgia, they have been given enough rope.
It at the very least needs a promotion-relegation play off in the summer before they go off touring

diarm

100%

At least give Georgia a playoff to prove their worth. The annoying thing is these arguments about protecting the game in Italy are given because it's Georgia knocking on the door, but in a few years if it's a bigger country like Russia, Spain or Germany they'll drop Italy like a shitty stick.

JPRouve

Scout
100%

At least give Georgia a playoff to prove their worth. The annoying thing is these arguments about protecting the game in Italy are given because it's Georgia knocking on the door, but in a few years if it's a bigger country like Russia, Spain or Germany they'll drop Italy like a shitty stick.
It ‘s the 20th year Italy havBig been in 6N and no progress. Time has it be up.
The big problem with Italy is that after 20 years they have no player development system, it's a big country yet they mainly rely on poaching bad players from other countries. Their all time best players, Parisse and Dominguez, are argentine both were among the very best in their positions and yet a "small" rugby country like Argentina that mainly, if not exclusively, relied on amateur and college rugby managed to become a very competitive nation that no one wants to play in the knock out stages of the RWC, Japan who have followed the foreign routes are also developing very exciting technically and tactically skilled that are Japan born and/or bred.
It's time to give someone else a chance to develop at the contact of top national teams. And since it's true that Georgia will struggle to get the infrastruture and economy to be competitive every year, I wouldn't mind if there was a plan to try to develop Spain, Germany, Portugal and Russia(though their recent history with doping makes me wary).

On a side note I feel for their fans because they show up every single time and the federation has no respect for them.

JPRouve

Scout
The lack of physicality from Ireland is worrying. They lose every duels.

arnie_ni

Cooney for murray at the half and hopefully he doesnt start again

JPRouve

Scout
Someone should cut the video feed and discreetly slap Farrell.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
As someone who doesn't watch a massive amount of rugby - what's the point of the scrum, aside from allowing the team that's winning to waste a load of time?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Ireland are frustrating as feck today.

Literally rolling over. Fcuk the feck off. feck feck feck the feck off

JPRouve

Scout
As someone who doesn't watch a massive amount of rugby - what's the point of the scrum, aside from allowing the team that's winning to waste a load of time?
You concentrate 8 opposing players in a relatively small area, which gives lots of space to the backs when you have good predetermined pass combinations.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Now if you asked that question in a league thread.....

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
England totally dominated today. The final score flattered Ireland.
There goes the triple crown for Ireland. They’ll have to regroup and get fit if they’re have to any chance of winning the championship, and probably rely on other results going their way.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Six Nations must definitely change the tournament rules because

1) Georgia deserves a fair chance.
2) The current system is now unfair (It was fine 10-20 years ago).....a relegation system would also improve the level of all games on Matchday 5.
3) A new team would make the Six Nations much more interesting too.

Six Nations
England
Wales
Ireland
France
Scotland
Italy

Promotion League (Best team goes up)
Georgia
Spain
Romania
Portugal
Netherlands
Russia

The Southern Hemisphere should have their "Six Nations" tournament too!!!

"Six Nations"
New Zealand
Australia
South Africa
Argentina
Japan
Fiji

Promotion League
Tonga
Samoa
USA
Uruguay
Canada
Namibia
Excellent post. This makes so much sense.

Thisistheone

England seriously impressive yesterday and France good value for their win against us. Ntamack is something else.