Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
world cup predictions:

south africa to shithouse the whole thing again.

france to buckle under expectations.

ireland to go close.

wales to knock out someone better than them.

england to be the moral victors.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Ah yes, the rugby “world” cup, when Ireland goes mad for a sport only a few countries actually take seriously and you don’t even have to qualify for the “world” cup of. Hype hype hype!

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Whatever about home advantage don't fancy France tonight at all think the All Blacks will win and very convincingly at that. Outright tending to go towards South Africa.
Agree with all of this

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Ah yes, the rugby “world” cup, when Ireland goes mad for a sport only a few countries actually take seriously and you don’t even have to qualify for the “world” cup of. Hype hype hype!
G’way outta that. You’ll be down the pub cheering them on before the end of the month. Jonny Sexton team jersey optional.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
world cup predictions:

south africa to shithouse the whole thing again.

france to buckle under expectations.

ireland to go close.

wales to knock out someone better than them.

england to be the moral victors.
South Africa to retain the World Cup

Ireland to lose the final

France and New Zealand out on QF weekend

Australia to make the semis and finish with a Bronze medal

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I’m a bit worried that this rugby WC is happening at a time when my love for football is at an all time low. Could be the nudge that makes me give up on football completely…
Give yourself to the dark side Luke

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
It’s too tough to pick one as injuries are simply too important.

France might lose tonight but then get Danty back for the big games and win it.

I really do fancy Ireland to have an all round cohesion that makes them capable of beating anyone….and seeing as I’ve backed them financially I may as well stick with it

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
It’s too tough to pick one as injuries are simply too important.

France might lose tonight but then get Danty back for the big games and win it.

I really do fancy Ireland to have an all round cohesion that makes them capable of beating anyone….and seeing as I’ve backed them financially I may as well stick with it
How much are you going to win? Sorry, I mean lose?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Disclaimer: Don't ask me anything during France games, my mood will be terrible.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
How much are you going to win? Sorry, I mean lose?
I’ll be winning £110 :D

I’m trying to gamble a bit less on anything over evens. And to be honest the 4 main horses are much of a muchness for me in this, I just think Ireland have that edge in that their gameplan seems to have matured at the right time, plus they have so much time as club colleagues….just fancy it.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I’ll be winning £110 :D

I’m trying to gamble a bit less on anything over evens. And to be honest the 4 main horses are much of a muchness for me in this, I just think Ireland have that edge in that their gameplan seems to have matured at the right time, plus they have so much time as club colleagues….just fancy it.
They were getting a bit giddy on an Irish podcast because Opta did an in depth analysis and had Ireland down as favourites. But that was because we had something like a 20.4% chance of winning, with France at 20.7% and South Africa at 21.0%. There were basically 4 teams with a one in five chance of winning. Which is confusing but feels about right, intuitively.

Zen

Have New Zealand ever been an underdog before? Even if it is only such a fine margin, that's something.
Never lost a group game either right?

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
They were getting a bit giddy on an Irish podcast because Opta did an in depth analysis and had Ireland down as favourites. But that was because we had something like a 20.4% chance of winning, with France at 20.7% and South Africa at 21.0%. There were basically 4 teams with a one in five chance of winning. Which is confusing but feels about right, intuitively.
Yeah I’ve seen the stats having those 4 as basically all even, which is why I’ve highlighted the Irish cohesion and club familiarity as a difference maker, though I really believe the difference maker will be key injuries

JPRouve

Scout
I hate every single one of you. Bunch of jinxers.:mad:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I hate every single one of you. Bunch of jinxers.:mad:
France are fecked without Danty, totally upsets their running game.

NZ lost Same Cane which is immediately worth an extra 5 points….for them. NZ by 2 points

JPRouve

Scout
France are fecked without Danty, totally upsets their running game.

NZ lost Same Cane which is immediately worth an extra 5 points….for them. NZ by 2 points
Not really Moefana and Vincent are pretty good, in particular Vincent who was the starter until his knee injury. Danty is valuable for the Jackal.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Not really Moefana and Vincent are pretty good, in particular Vincent who was the starter until his knee injury. Danty is valuable for the Jackal.
…….I was just countering the Jinx. I think you’ll win

Status
Not open for further replies.