Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Ethan De Groot hasn't had a good start to the World Cup - he gave away 2 scrum penalties against France which cost New Zealand 6 points and then got sent off in his team's win against Namibia.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
No one has a problem with the reds, it’s the consistency which is the problem, the SA player got away with it altogether, the French lock with a blatant elbow no attempt to wrap, but gets away with it because he’s being tackled and that therefore means he’s brain is ok with being hit now. All we want is consistency and with that comes better protection for the players.
Here's an important point about the Kriel tackle on Jack Dempsey from an article written by Ben Coles from the UK Telegraph, which was also published in New Zealand: ''Multiple angles, not all shown on social media but seen by officials, clarified that the contact between Kriel and Dempsey was chest-on-chest and that there was not enough conclusive evidence to prove there was head-on-head contact, with World Rugby believing that television match official Ben Whitehouse made the right decision to allow play to continue, while also sympathising that supporters were only reacting to what they were being shown on certain replays.''

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...y-social-media-for-referees-fears-world-rugby

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The portuguese are a little bit too light but I like their style.

thisISben

I know it’s been said a thousand times but god Rugby is a million miles ahead of Football when it comes to decision making, the clarity to the fans plus when a decision is made whether it’s a yellow card or disallowed try the respect shown is great. No complaining, just carry on.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
The score would be even more respectable if Samuel Marques didn't suck kicking today. Tragic.

Didn't expect that from us, it's kicking ffs and he is usually reliable.

Happy with the try.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He hasn't been far off on any of the kicks though.
Hit the uprights twice.
I feel Wales isn't taking us seriously but very happy with the performance so far. We are missing some important players too. That's why I'm afraid we will probably get pummeled in the end.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I feel Wales isn't taking us seriously but very happy with the performance so far. We are missing some important players too. That's why I'm afraid we will probably get pummeled in the end.
I think you're right.
I know Wales made 13 changes or something but their concentration is way off.
So careless.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I think you're right.
I know Wales made 13 changes or something but their concentration is way off.
So careless.
Getting congratulatory messages from my Welsh friends though. They say if we prevent the bonus point, they will call it a draw :lol:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Scrums aside, that was a good game. Respect to Portugal, really tried to play their rugby, just couldn’t hold back the power

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Scrums aside, that was a good game. Respect to Portugal, really tried to play their rugby, just couldn’t hold back the power
Yeah Portugal did very well. They have good skills, a good tactical base and some very fast backs but they are too light. I'm pretty sure that I have seen a fair chunk of them play Sevens.

RedDevilRoshi

The 60 seconds penalty shot clock looked like it had elapsed there? Sexton clearly strikes that ball after the timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.