Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Bit of a mixed bag today.

South Africa vs Romania - potentially the biggest mismatch of the tournament? Maybe one for those with morbid curiosity as to how brutalised a team can get

Fiji vs Australia - great game, Fiji fighting for their tournament life after that classic with Wales. Hopefully they feel hard-done by and come out firing

England vs Japan - Japan didn’t look that convincing against Chile and as we all know England were imperious against Argentina, so England to beat the wasabi out of Japan is the only possible outcome. Right?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

South Africa vs Romania - potentially the biggest mismatch of the tournament? Maybe one for those with morbid curiosity as to how brutalised a team can get

Fiji vs Australia - great game, Fiji fighting for their tournament life after that classic with Wales. Hopefully they feel hard-done by and come out firing

England vs Japan - Japan didn’t look that convincing against Chile and as we all know England were imperious against Argentina, so England to beat the wasabi out of Japan is the only possible outcome. Right?
England will beat Japan easily. The only unknown is whether they can actually play some quality, attacking rugby while doing so. Because they’ll need to start doing that to have any hope of going deep in this tournament.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
50:22 is such a great addition to the game.
Former Rugby Australia director of rugby Scott Johnson lobbied World Rugby to trial and hopefully implement 3 laws: the 50:22, goal line dropout and 20 minute red card in time for the World Cup. From Scott Johnson's point of view, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
England will beat Japan easily. The only unknown is whether they can actually play some quality, attacking rugby while doing so. Because they’ll need to start doing that to have any hope of going deep in this tournament.
I think we both know the answer to that Sir :lol:

Japan can bravely blossom that ball around as much as they want….we’ll just be too big and meaty. To be fair with Mitchell and Ford as halfbacks we definitely have the tools to play a more open game, if we wanted to

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think we both know the answer to that Sir :lol:

Japan can bravely blossom that ball around as much as they want….we’ll just be too big and meaty. To be fair with Mitchell and Ford as halfbacks we definitely have the tools to play a more open game, if we wanted to
I keep expecting/dreading Marcus Smith to unleash a new, dynamic, total rugby version of England. He’s a class player. Not sure why he isn’t getting more game time.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I keep expecting/dreading Marcus Smith to unleash a new, dynamic, total rugby version of England. He’s a class player. Not sure why he isn’t getting more game time.
Because he isn't class, all mouth and trousers.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
There’s a school of thought that he needs specific players around him to function as he does at club level. That being said, we’re playing with Marchant at 13 today (former Quins colleague) and Tuilagi at 12, who can do the big bash work that Esterhuizen does at Quins.

I think it’s probably more that Borthwick trusts Ford after their Leicester years. He does have his favourites and it doesn’t surprise me because Ford is a pretty steely soldier

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Australia's game against Fiji is massive. Win and the Wallabies will make it to the knockout stage. Lose and that Wales match will be squeaky bum time.

JPRouve

Scout

Damn, we found a Ukip member. :angel:

South Africa vs Romania

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Right, I want all 4 of South Africa's scrumhalves (Cobus Reinach, Faf de Klerk, Grant Williams and Jaden Hendrikse) on the field at the same time during the Boks match against Romania.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Listening to the SA commentary and Australian Rules Football (AFL) just got a mention.

JPRouve

Scout
Romania is giving us the worst games. I know that the poor lads had to face the current top 2 teams but they offer nothing.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Raynal worries me. Missed it in real time? Fine, it’s a fast game. Missed it several times on slow video?

Swedish_Plumber

They have so much pace and excitement out in the backs. I know they’re an juggernaut maul too but it makes me sad they don’t use them more.

JPRouve

Scout
Just a mismatch of giant proportions. The Boks made us look like amateurs last weekend and we’re actually pretty good :lol:
Scotland didn't look like amateurs and it's not comparable to Romania. Romania is the only team that has shown nothing positive. SA is a pain to play for everyone but at least show something, anything.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Big Will Skelton has been ruled out of Australia's match with Fiji which is bad news.

JPRouve

Scout
I can't wait for SA vs Ireland, I like the fact that they are both incredibly strong when it comes to fundamentals.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Love to see the Fijians embracing their rugby roots - two high shots in the first two minutes :lol: :lol:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Is it just the camera angle or are Australia constantly offside here? Looks it to me.
Yeah looks it. I’ve heard Brace say “ball was lifted” when the line came charging up, so hope he’s looking at it and the 9 is just getting it out slow. But yes, they look off

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
They were so offside at that last breakdown that the scrum half couldn’t give it….because his backline was full of Australians :lol:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Can’t help but feel that Botia and Tuisova should have started against Wales

JPRouve

Scout
So it's possible to play the ball on the ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.