Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sallycinnamin

Well deserved Fiji.
Pool could still go anyway but hope Fiji progress and they'll be tough to beat whoever they may face.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Great win and much deserved. Shame about the kick at the end there. He made an absolute bollox of that. Don't think they'll care too much, mind.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Great win and much deserved. Shame about the kick at the end there. He made an absolute bollox of that. Don't think they'll care too much, mind.
Probably caught between whether to make sure he got the accuracy or making sure he wellies it enough to go out. Can't blame him. Half the the team were celebrating already so couldn't risk missing it and Australia keeping it in play.

I've enjoyed both of Fiji's games more than any of the football this season.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I immediately went to Theroar.com.au and somehow some think that the ref was harsh on Australia. :lol:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Probably caught between whether to make sure he got the accuracy or making sure he wellies it enough to go out. Can't blame him. Half the the team were celebrating already so couldn't risk missing it and Australia keeping it in play.

I've enjoyed both of Fiji's games more than any of the football this season.
Definitely the case. As I said, not big deal really; they certainly won't care. Good thinking by the captain in the first place to be honest to even suggest it. He was switched on there.

Jack-C20

Did my eyes deceive me or was that the most non straight line out throw ever?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I generally only watch international rugby but it feels like it’s suddenly just not getting called anymore. Swear it used to get called.
The throw from Japan wasn't straight but it was toward England's line which is nearly never called.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Another question. Why are every Japanese team, in every competition, in every sport, so likeable?
To me, it simply comes down to how they approach the game. So for instance, by here, they play with real energy and vigour, while also having very good hands when they have the ball. Simply put: they're great to watch despite the limitations and they have a great attitude. Very little pissing and moaning. I got a lot of time for that.

And there's a distinct lack of cynicism.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
To me, it simply comes down to how they approach the game. So for instance, by here, they play with real energy and vigour, while also having very good hands when they have the ball. Simply put: they're great to watch despite the limitations and they have a great attitude. Very little pissing and moaning. I got a lot of time for that.

And there's a distinct lack of cynicism.
That's always likeable in a team you have no affiliation to.

RedDevilQuebecois

Still plenty of time. If Japan maintain their game plan and play their game, England will still have a tough time. Ireland and Scotland aready paid the price 4 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.