Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack-C20

We’re still absolutely dog crap and somehow oppo fans are enjoying watching this less than us :lol: Japan are still very much in this.

Zen

Fair play to there being no yellow card here.... but the horrific handling from both has more than made up for that.

Jack-C20

This has to be up there in terms of handling errors so far in this World Cup surely. Absolutely like clockwork.

RedDevilRoshi

I’ve lost count how many handling errors there have been in this game. It’s like watching a comedy.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Here’s a question. Can you deliberately head (or chest?) a pass forward to beat your man?
Yes. There’s a wonderful clip of a semi-pro player heading a bouncing ball on, catching it and going under the posts. I’ll try to find it

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
We were awful. So bad that I could barely pay attention to the game. No cohesion at all.

Meh. Deflating

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yes. There’s a wonderful clip of a semi-pro player heading a bouncing ball on, catching it and going under the posts. I’ll try to find it
Nice! Love it when people get creative with grey areas of the rules. It’s a weird rule though. Should be a knock on if you play the ball forwards with anything other than your leg/feet.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Nice! Love it when people get creative with grey areas of the rules. It’s a weird rule though. Should be a knock on if you play the ball forwards with anything other than your leg/feet.
Took me a while, but here we go:

TheGame

Japan played well and England aren’t the first in the tournament to struggle against the so called lesser teams. Still kicking way too much and not enough phases of play for my liking. Silly mistakes as well. Lost track of the handling errors today.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Well done Fiji: you were better, smarter and wanted it more.

A loss to Wales next weekend represents rock bottom, a nail in the coffin for the game and a huge slice of humble pie for Rugby Australia chairman Hamish McLennan who thought it was a good idea to give a new coach 5 games to get a team going in the right direction for a World Cup.

RoyH1

I know that Union is a bit of niche sport in Australia, but this still has to hurt a two time world champion country

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Beat Wales, put a score on Portugal and the Wallabies should make knockout stage but yesterday sucked. Rugby's decline here is such that the result wasn't a huge surprise which hurts. The Wallabies lost to Samoa 12 years ago in a Tri Nations warm up but that result became a disappointing footnote more than anything else come the end of that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.