Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack-C20

I'll be honest, I was having a dig at Sexton and the Irish team more than England.
I’ll be honest I’ve not watched Ireland yet. If you guys are worse than what we served up against Scotland it must be fun viewing :lol:

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
well if they win today they'll have fluked the first three

you don't need luck to beat Italy so there'd only be France left to fluke
Don't remember flukes in the first two games.

Today, the first try, I'd be pissed if that was me and my coach would've been pissed publicly but once in the changing rooms, he'd have fecking screamed at us "stop sipping xxxxxx water, watch the Welsh players you stupid xxxxers".

The second try is a terrible decision. Live I said knock on. Two replays, knock on. I actually joked to my daughter "It'd be funny if he gave this". I would point out that the TMO did jack shit... his job isn't just to be a video operator, he's supposed to have some input. Useless.

Getting a poor/tight decision is fortunate but you still have to take advantage of it. Flukes are football matches when a team is shit and have one shot that ricochets off 4 opponents and the ref.

I'd be pissed if it was the other way mind :)

Jack-C20

Farrell is nowhere near as clinical as he needs to be. I feel like Daly makes them ones look comfortable more often than not.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
So so sloppy from England. The defensive brand of Rugby England play does not allow this many mistakes

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Don't remember flukes in the first two games.

Today, the first try, I'd be pissed if that was me and my coach would've been pissed publicly but once in the changing rooms, he'd have fecking screamed at us "stop sipping xxxxxx water, watch the Welsh players you stupid xxxxers".

The second try is a terrible decision. Live I said knock on. Two replays, knock on. I actually joked to my daughter "It'd be funny if he gave this". I would point out that the TMO did jack shit... his job isn't just to be a video operator, he's supposed to have some input. Useless.

Getting a poor/tight decision is fortunate but you still have to take advantage of it. Flukes are football matches when a team is shit and have one shot that ricochets off 4 opponents and the ref.

I'd be pissed if it was the other way mind :)
BBC commentary said not a knock on, according to laws of the game, as it didn’t hit the ground.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think that it's time for the english young'uns to be given the key of the team. The last 12 months feel like the end of a cycle for the current group.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
BBC commentary said not a knock on, according to laws of the game, as it didn’t hit the ground.
He never had control of the ball. It's a knock on and the refs messes up there. Warburton and Johnson are saying it's a knock on.

Bubz27

They're hardly sipping water. They're doing what the ref asked and the ref gave them less than a second to set themselves after he said time on.

And the third try being legitimate from Wales and poor from England doesn't make the first try any better.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He never had control of the ball. It's a knock on and the refs messes up there. Warburton and Johnson are saying it's a knock on.
He juggled the ball but his last touch was to knock it behind him (with his leg) I think that’s why they’re saying it wasn’t a knock on.

It’s certainly not cut and dried. Here’s a thread with a load of rugby referees disagreeing about a similar issue.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
They're hardly sipping water. They're doing what the ref asked and the ref gave them less than a second to set themselves after he said time on.

And the third try being legitimate from Wales and poor from England doesn't make the first try any better.
Come on .. "a second"?

And refs tell captains to have a word with their players all the time. I've never seen a ref stop the game until they're ready, whatever Martin Johnson thinks.

Biggars just switched on to the opportunity.

England do that, I'd be pissed at conceding and blame the players.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
England will kick themselves if they don't win this. They're a much better team but have simply made some stupid errors. But they look so much better on the ball than Wales, who have been pretty rubbish, to be honest.

Bubz27

Come on .. "a second"?

And refs tell captains to have a word with their players all the time. I've never seen a ref stop the game until they're ready, whatever Martin Johnson thinks.

Biggars just switched on to the opportunity.

England do that, I'd be pissed at conceding and blame the players.
They don't stop the play to let teams set. It's courtesy to make sure the team isn't in a huddle. It's not as if England were wasting time after the ref said time on. He saw they were in a huddle and blew.

It's like a quick freekick in football. They're given but they're a bit cheeky. You don't see that in rugby.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
They don't stop the play to let teams set. It's courtesy to make sure the team isn't in a huddle. It's not as if England were wasting time after the ref said time on. He saw they were in a huddle and blew.

It's like a quick freekick in football. They're given but they're a bit cheeky. You don't see that in rugby.

Specially after he had told the captain to speak to his team

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The discipline is just horrendous.

Jack-C20

I just don’t understand. Surely when the England team watch the replays of a game afterwards and see how many penalties they give away, they must agree that it’s a problem. Every game is just an endless trickle of them though. Incredibly frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.