Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Carreras is lethal. If he was at sexier teams than Newcastle and Argentina he’d be considered a superstar

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Rare good weather day means I was out in the sun.

This game has been absolutely wild. Great fun. I think Wales beat either of these teams though.
Yeah I’d back Wales to get the job done against the Argies….not a forgone conclusion though. All the quarters are close actually, England Fiji is no definite either

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
At least there'll be one rugby league loving Aussie head coach in the last 8 of this World Cup. Argentina just that little bit too good for a gallant Japan in Nantes. This is also Jamie Joseph's last game with Japan.

Offsideagain

Argentina will beat Wales especially now Failtau has broken his arm and has gone home. Still think the final will be a France v Ireland job which will be interesting just to see how many Irish fans will be amongst the French crowd. England were a carbon copy of United, slow, predictable and clueless at times summed up by Farrell going over 60 seconds on a penalty kick! WTF?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
We have a Labuschagne playing for Australia in the Cricket World Cup and a Labuschagne playing for Japan in the RWC but South Africa don't have a Labuschagne at either World Cup.
:lol:

I love how the Australians try and pronounce it as La-bu-shane versus the Afrikaans pronunciation as La-bu-skaG-knee (with the “G” pronounced like it is in Dutch).

Ish

Lights on for Luke
True but this is the best opportunity Ireland have ever had to win a QF and the QF curse is the only thing stopping them. The All Blacks haven't really looked convincing on a consistent basis during this cycle and have looked very beatable against the likes of Ireland, France and South Africa. The one thing the AB's have going for them is they haven't conceded a first half try in this tournament. If they keep that up against the Irish maybe your blokes get jittery. You guys have a better coach, better players at the moment and are a better team than New Zealand.
Do you think Robertson makes a big difference with this NZ squad once he takes over or do you think it’s also a question of quality available impacting AB rugby?

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He'll make a difference but his desire for NZR to consider changing their rules to allow players not based in New Zealand to play for the All Blacks is an indication the playing talent based in New Zealand isn't what it was.
Yeah here in South Africa we had to swallow our pride and make similar adjustments. Truth is, there’s just too much money overseas and players’ careers are short. So we’ve had a massive drain of talent - mostly to Europe (& a few to Japan iirc) here as well and our domestic league/teams aren’t as strong as they used to be.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
:lol:

I love how the Australians try and pronounce it as La-bu-shane versus the Afrikaans pronunciation as La-bu-skaG-knee (with the “G” pronounced like it is in Dutch).
Some of the Aussie cricketers has a crack at saying 'Labuschagne' about 5 years ago. Only Matt Renshaw got somewhat close.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
This is not the high quality attacking game I'd hoped for so far.
Yep. Lackluster match so far. I think Fiji is under pressure and are a bit nervous. As soon as they settle things will become easier.

Again our lack of experience is telling with all the errors.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Not pretty but very very proud with the effort and competitive nature against this Fijian side

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I think Fiji were expecting us to roll over. We are giving them a match and they are struggling. Not seeing typical Fiji game.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Oh were going for it. I think we got some vegemite jars from the Australians.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
It would be amazing if Fiji shit the bed here, truly amazing.

They won’t, of course, but this is why I don’t think they’ll beat England, the occasion will be too much for them.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
We are missing Nuno Sousa Guedes. He wasn't in stellar form but he's more impactful than Cardoso Pinto. We also missing Tomas Appleton leadership.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
TRY!!! :lol: :lol: Storti magic

We are leading Fiji

Afraid what's coming. Fiji anger incoming :nervous:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
3 mins lead :( looked closer to second try but stupid mistake

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I think the match will become more interesting now

kidbob

Really can’t see Wales or England losing in a QF on current form of teams. Dare I say they might get to play badly depleted teams in the SF too. Stranger things have happened than one of them going all the way.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Really can’t see Wales or England losing in a QF on current form of teams. Dare I say they might get to play badly depleted teams in the SF too. Stranger things have happened than one of them going all the way.
The absolute scenes if England or Wales go further than Ireland, honestly….I’ll be decent on the caf but unbearable on Reddit

Status
Not open for further replies.