Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I think that’s harsh. I’m not good at analysing defence though. So he may be right. They were decent with ball in hand, I thought.
When Kinghorn and Ritchie went off they got very static. A few of their players were either caught flat or in no-mans land (unsure what runner to commit to). They also didn't move around quickly enough when we recycled out wide.
You can attribute some of that to how quickly we clear rucks or go around the corner after a breakdown, but they were woeful positionally, and their players had huge periods where they just didn't try.

Tarrou

Now they’re through hopefully the Irish posters will stop moaning about the draw until they got knocked out

Withnail

Now they’re through hopefully the Irish posters will stop moaning about the draw until they got knocked out
We weren't overly worried we wouldn't get through because of the draw. It's bad for the quality of games in the knockout stages.

It's mostly likely that the winner of NZ/IRE goes on to play the winner of Wales/Japan and that the winner of France/SA goes on to play the winner of England/Fiji which is a bit ridiculous, don't you think?

Tarrou

We weren't overly worried we wouldn't get through because of the draw. It's bad for the quality of games in the knockout stages.

It's mostly likely that the winner of NZ/IRE goes on to play the winner of Wales/Japan and that the winner of France/SA goes on to play the winner of England/Fiji which is a bit ridiculous, don't you think?
I guess not! :lol:

But yeah it’s ridiculous but at least you’ll get an easyish semi if you get through

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
What about NZ? I hastily dismissed them after the France game, and didn't really have them among the favourites coming into the World Cup either. But they've racked up some massive points. Granted, the opposition have been poor, but they appear to be going under the radar somewhat. I don't know. It feels like they're really revving up.
I don't see this All Blacks side beating Ireland next weekend. Ireland have had New Zealand's measure during this World Cup cycle and I expect that to continue next week.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I don't see this All Blacks side beating Ireland next weekend. Ireland have had New Zealand's measure during this World Cup cycle and I expect that to continue next week.
Yeah, NZ will struggle upfront against the Irish & I think ireland takes it. NZ look excellent - still the best attacking team in world rugby but if you dominate upfront and at the breakdown, the cracks start appearing and their backs are starved of the ball. Expecting ireland to take it by 7-12 points.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
So Ireland have opened at -1 vs the ABs and France at -1 vs South Africa.

Basically even money both.

I’ll be keeping away from France SA financially but already on Ireland -1 and might look at the odds of a 7+ or even 10+ winning margin

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I don't think they will either, to be fair. I just think they've really gone under the radar a bit. Most of that has to do with the quality of opposition I suspect. It has been poor, but NZ have certainly racked up some impressive points. I just don't see them competing physically with Ireland. I know it's the obvious answer, but only France can stop Ireland.

Typical of Ireland to get the easy side of the draw, though. Whereas England and Wales have to do it the hard way...

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
The World Cup Quarter Final Stage has had Ireland's measure for 36 years though.
True but this is the best opportunity Ireland have ever had to win a QF and the QF curse is the only thing stopping them. The All Blacks haven't really looked convincing on a consistent basis during this cycle and have looked very beatable against the likes of Ireland, France and South Africa. The one thing the AB's have going for them is they haven't conceded a first half try in this tournament. If they keep that up against the Irish maybe your blokes get jittery. You guys have a better coach, better players at the moment and are a better team than New Zealand.

Yeah, NZ will struggle upfront against the Irish & I think ireland takes it. NZ look excellent - still the best attacking team in world rugby but if you dominate upfront and at the breakdown, the cracks start appearing and their backs are starved of the ball. Expecting ireland to take it by 7-12 points.
Ireland by 15. South Africa vs France is far too close to call.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Argentina took just 70 seconds to score the first try, bursting through the Japan defence like a hot knife through butter.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Argentina took just 70 seconds to sore the first try, bursting through the Japan defence like a hot knife through butter.
Argentina have underdelivered this WC. There’s a really decent team in there….this is the day if they’re going to show it

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Argentina have underdelivered this WC. There’s a really decent team in there….this is the day if they’re going to show it
Big time. I think they're a really good team. Or at least much better than they've shown. I think they'll beat Wales (if they get through)

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
We have a Labuschagne playing for Australia in the Cricket World Cup and a Labuschagne playing for Japan in the RWC but South Africa don't have a Labuschagne at either World Cup.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Great counter attacking try by Argentina. Kramer might need an HIA after charging that drop goal attempt down with his head.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
There have been some excellent tries in this match.

Last edited:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Every time Japan get close, Argentina score again to give themselves some breathing space.

Status
Not open for further replies.