Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitbyviking

Opened the BBC website and the headline said “Argentina lead the All Blacks” excitedly clicked the link thinking I’d see on of the biggest shocks in a long time, All Blacks leading 39-6. BBC are knobheads :lol:

kidbob

Yeah where this won't work will be if SA realise and the SA clearer nails them on the way to the ruck. Because they're trying to look nonchalant they're in a relaxed upright position, sideways to the ruck, and primed to get a knee injury if they're smashed.
Exactly and we all know SA's forwards love a free hit if available.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
starting to think argentina have left it a little late for a comeback.

whitbyviking

This. We have seen England basically emptying themselves against NZ in the semis and then have nothing left for the final 4 years ago.
That’s why it was 4D chess to have the draw the way it was. Give the big boys who made it through time to recover

Unfortunately the draw has produced semi finals in the quarters and quarters in the semis.
Interesting idea, don’t think anyone has mentioned that in this thread before

Zoo

Will Jordan makes it look so effortless. He is pure class.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
There was a ruck there where Pa’pailli just stood where the Argentina scrum half needed to be, and the poor sod had to push the big bastard out the way :lol:

whitbyviking

Eh? Where's our 6ft 6 Maori? We brought over all the puny ones unfortunately!

Edit: also weirdly I don't think we have any gingers!
Don’t think Bundee Aki could be considered puny :lol:

There must be at least a stealth ginger in there

Zen

Just another winger to be told to step off the gas once he gets near the record? Or will .... Will fly past it? Seems like loads of New Zealanders tend to be at a try per game conversion once they get to 30 only to incredibly dry up after it. Unless he retires, I still think Barrett breaks it.... he's still so smooth, despite the lack of tries this tournament.

kidbob

Don’t think Bundee Aki could be considered puny :lol:

There must be at least a stealth ginger in there
Ha yeah fair Bundee is huge!! No gingers I can think of! Off the top of my head the under 20 grand slam winning team doesn't have one either!

whitbyviking

As do all the other 6N teams. Although, ironically, Ireland might be the only one without a ginge.

I also think we’re the only team without at least one Islander in our pack.
I read somewhere that the Scotland 6 nations squad had one player born in Scotland. I was used to Ireland being more home grown, especially when I worked there. Or maybe that is a false memory.

kidbob

Just another winger to be told to step off the gas once he gets near the record? Or will .... Will fly past it? Seems like loads of New Zealanders tend to be at a try per game conversion once they get to 30 only to incredibly dry up after it. Unless he retires, I still think Barrett breaks it.... he's still so smooth, despite the lack of tries this tournament.
Think Jordan will smash it. He's only 25 and if Robertson is as good a coach as they say he is he'll be a part of many high scoring wins.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
one of those games that could have gone either way. congrats, new zealand.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
New Zealand really are phenomenal.

Remember the warm up game? Against South Africa? They got absolutely smashed off the park and the losing scoreline flattered them.

But they’re in the final, yet again

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
So is this sneaky ruck thing folk are talking about when NZ tackle Arg they try and get a player to be standing around where the Argentinian ball handler needs to be to throw out from the ruck?

kidbob

I read somewhere that the Scotland 6 nations squad had one player born in Scotland. I was used to Ireland being more home grown, especially when I worked there. Or maybe that is a false memory.
We've 3 NZs I think. Lowe, Aki and JGP. From the starting line up the rest are Irish I think. Hansen has an Irish mother but born in Aus so he could count as foreign. JVDF is Irish too despite the name. Bealham is Irish parents but born abroad but I think he counts as Irish. Some people used to claim Carberry was from NZ but he was born in NZ to Irish parents and moved back here when he was 6 or 7. Depends on your definition of foreign I guess. I'd put it as the 3 foreign players personally.

whitbyviking

Ha yeah fair Bundee is huge!! No gingers I can think of! Off the top of my head the under 20 grand slam winning team doesn't have one either!
Funnily enough when I was working in Ireland I had a kiwi colleague who came over to play and coach rugby semi pro. He was huge, and ginger, his brothers were in similar roles too and they were the same. Best of both worlds

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Ireland is definitely less home grown than it used to be. Three players in our starting line up who are “Irish “ by residency. Wouldn’t have been the case 10 years ago. Fairly sure the other 12 were born and reared here.

whitbyviking

We've 3 NZs I think. Lowe, Aki and JGP. From the starting line up the rest are Irish I think. Hansen has an Irish mother but born in Aus so he could count as foreign. JVDF is Irish too despite the name. Bealham is Irish parents but born abroad but I think he counts as Irish. Some people used to claim Carberry was from NZ but he was born in NZ to Irish parents and moved back here when he was 6 or 7. Depends on your definition of foreign I guess. I'd put it as the 3 foreign players personally.
Think that is very low for the modern game all things considered. Especially in the northern hemisphere.

kidbob

Think that is very low for the modern game all things considered. Especially in the northern hemisphere.
Yeah for all the talk of Ireland using the old resident rule we have the 3. Even Aki has sometimes been behind Henshaw in the team too. So not that much of a number. NZ for instance tend to have a good few but they are usually players that move to NZ from Tonga and Fiji etc and learn their rugby there young so really are NZ taught players.

whitbyviking

Hard to tell anything from that game. Result seemed a foregone conclusion before the start. Just a game the All Blacks had to not mess up and avoid injuries or suspensions in.

Status
Not open for further replies.