Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Yeah I know. That’s what Gatland has done. I’m saying I would have liked to have seen him. Take a little gamble. He’s different.
I'd have liked the rules on subs to be relaxed (like football), full bench.

That's a shit decision after not giving a penalty for the first scrum of that phase. You can't reset one and give another

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
The ref bringing that back there is a fecking joke :lol: make the twat pay for his mistake

Zoo

Awful, awful series. I know the pandemic had a major effect but New Zealand in 2017 was such a joy from start to finish.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Well. The rugby all through the series has been shit. Lions never played with the required tempo. I said if you play this slow game then SA will win because that’s what they want. They’re shit to watch and their brand of rugby is garbage, but they’re the best at it.

Ref was a cnut

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Lions threw it away when they didn't take 9 easy points and the pass-that-wasn't by Williams(?) in the first half.

TheReligion

Abusive
It’s the whole ethos of the sport though, too much reward for penalties, teams just play for them. I hope the forward pack get the lions share of the pay, the back line have nothing to do all day.
Agreed. The Lions were brave and tried to play whilst SA played quite cowardly and got the rewards from the ref.

Reminds me why I tend to prefer League.

TheReligion

Abusive
Lions threw it away when they didn't take 9 easy points and the pass-that-wasn't by Williams(?) in the first half.
True but they were trying to play the right way. It matters not. They should have took one of the 3 before HT but I'm not going to knock them for having balls.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
YES!!! Get in!!!!!!!
Congrats :)
It’s the whole ethos of the sport though, too much reward for penalties, teams just play for them. I hope the forward pack get the lions share of the pay, the back line have nothing to do all day.
I don't like it but teams play their own way (like Burnley at football). This is on Gatland and his selections (squad and games) and tactics. Awful.

Refs don't have to feck up 7 of 10 decisions though.

I'd have like Barnes to ref but obviously never going to.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Such a poor game, they need to think about how to make it more off a spectacle than this.
Not hire gatland again would be a start, playing South Africa at there own game was always going to lead to a dire game.

as for picking players like Daly yes he plays multiple positions but he’s not a game changer or winner zammit is both of those.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
True but they were trying to play the right way. It matters not. They should have took one of the 3 before HT but I'm not going to knock them for having balls.
Absolutely but no glory in that with hindsight. Test matches are all about points on the board.

freeurmind

weak willed
Massive win for the Springboks, half the team out with COVID, the other half hardly any real game time. No Vermeulen, no PSDT, no de Kock, Pollard missing easy kicks, not really sure how they've done it but this team continues to do South Africa proud. Am, Malherbe, De Allende all massive today but Kolbe was Motm for me.

Next challenge will be trying to defend the World title but this team has already written their chapter in South African rugby history.

TheReligion

Abusive
Massive win for the Springboks, half the team out with COVID, the other half hardly any real game time. No Vermeulen, no PSDT, no de Kock, Pollard missing easy kicks, not really sure how they've done it but this team continues to do South Africa proud. Am, Malherbe, De Allende all massive today but Kolbe was Motm for me.

Next challenge will be trying to defend the World title but this team has already written their chapter in South African rugby history.
The ref was SA MOTM

Kopral Jono

That was peak first-stint Mourinho Chelsea from South Africa, with Kolbe being their Robben.

SirAnderson

I don't like it but teams play their own way (like Burnley at football). This is on Gatland and his selections (squad and games) and tactics. Awful.

Cheers, thanks, been great changing views during the series, probably more thrilling than the games themselves at times :wenger:

Ollie Derbyshire

It’s just all the wasted time and it’s not only when SA play it happens. the amount of time wasted at scrums is crazy, line outs seem pointless cause half the time they don’t throw them in straight, god knows what the refs are looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.