Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diarm

I'm just home from Limerick. That's the most pints I've had since before Covid.

Absolutely langers and happy as a pig in shit!

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Scott Johnson is the man who came up with the 50-22 and goal line drop out laws. He's a huge proponent of the 20 minute red card. Here is his latest idea to 'improve' the game of rugby: https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...hing-for-basketballstyle-foul-limits-in-rugby
I really don't like the 20min red card, but the other ideas are interesting. There's too much individual judgement on repeat infringement cards.

Also the situation where the defending team gives away penalty after penalty, but they get it ignored if the attacking team scores a try. I think there are definitely situations where they should still get a yellow even if there's a try.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
It looks like Leamy is going to step up to defence coach for Munster next year after a few years in the Leinster academy and being the contact skills coach this year, he has big boots to fill in the defence department but he is a welcome addition and it looks like rowntree wants to bring prendergast as his offensive coach

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
It looks like Leamy is going to step up to defence coach for Munster next year after a few years in the Leinster academy and being the contact skills coach this year, he has big boots to fill in the defence department but he is a welcome addition and it looks like rowntree wants to bring prendergast as his offensive coach
We've got our man prendergast, really looking forward to next season now.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
FIFA has to bring that format to Football.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Bloody cool to see a rugby match decided via a penalty shootout. Although the game's detractors in Aus will say that this is nothing new.

MoskvaRed

First time II’ve ever seen a rugby penalty shoot out. I like the concept of changing the angle and distance.

Great game and more entertaining than anything United have served up in a long time.

diarm

I'm devastated. My throat is red raw.

But fecking proud. We painted Dublin red today and there is a fine young team at the start of a hell of a journey here.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I'm devastated. My throat is red raw.

But fecking proud. We painted Dublin red today and there is a fine young team at the start of a hell of a journey here.
It was heartbreaking to lose in that fashion, but the kids coming through really showed up today, the Wycherley brothers were solid outside of the scrum, kendellen looks like he has been trained by POM he was great at the breakdown today and you look at who’s to come into that back row in Coombes and hodnett, it is something you can really build around.

By god POM was a man possessed today, every time we looked like we were in trouble he reached in and got the ball

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Australia has been announced as hosts of the 2027 men's RWC and the 2029 women's RWC. Throw in the 2025 Lions tour and things aren't looking too bad after a tough few years.

It'll be the first time we have hosted a RWC since 2003. We're all trying to forget how that final ended. I get some countries have never hosted a World Cup outright but waiting 24 years to host rugby's showpiece even again feels about right.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
:lol:

Fine, I'll still be happy for Renaud if he wins!
I don't necessarily support La Rochelle but I will be happy if he wins. I like the fact that he made a genuine effort to develop his rugby coaching culture, it's not that common for big names.

croadyman

Well done Worcester winning our first ever top division trophy, yes I know we won it only on tries scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.