Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
They used the short side nicely at the start of that try scoring passage.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Interesting to see the two ruck speeds. I feel the team that manages to slow their opponents ball down the most will win this. Both teams so devastating when they can recycle quickly. Getting POM over the ball will be crucial for ireland

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Ireland so much better at getting that jackler over the ball. Even if they don’t win it it’s slowing NZ ball down

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
What happened ireland? Playing all the rugby, bit of bad run of the ball….then a complete mental collapse

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Ireland's foolproof plan of relying on a Jonny Sexton in the twilight of his career going into a World Cup is going just great.

As predicted by a good few of us here, pretty much immediately after we went out of the last World Cup.

*Sighs for Jack Carty*

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Ireland have stopped competing for the ball at the breakdown. Consequently NZ have quick ball and it’s game over

Withnail

Ireland's foolproof plan of relying on a Jonny Sexton in the twilight of his career going into a World Cup is going just great.

As predicted by a good few of us here, pretty much immediately after we went out of the last World Cup.

*Sighs for Jack Carty*
I know you're a Connacht supporter and all but how are you going to blame the losing of this game on the fly halfs?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
I know you're a Connacht supporter and all but how are you going to blame the losing of this game on the fly halfs?
if sexton had have kicked 15 penalties you’d be winning. checkmate

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Ireland’s set piece collapsing was not something I expected. What’s the cause and answer? I reckon Henderson makes a big different here. Love Beirne but is he more of a 6?

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Oh I'm not, I'm blaming it on unbelievably naive planning that started right after the last world cup.

We should never have been in the position of relying on Sexton.

If we really thought we couldn't find another world player of the year at 10 in four years, we should have built our WC plan around other strengths instead.

Withnail

We've come back into it a bit, obviously the pressure was off but good we didn't totally collapse and were able to put a few more points on the board. If we can keep our composure in the next two the games they'll be much closer.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
That’s shocking. Looks even worse in the real time replay the tweet below that. Right under the ref’s nose too.
I thought refs were generally amenable to captains asking for a serious incident to be looked at nowadays.
Really shocking that they didn't, and telling that it wasn't shown in a replay on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.