Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
No we weren't consistent enough today to win but on the Carberry one have they changed the rules? I thought that used to be a yellow
Bit of an argument going on about it on Twitter right now.
The law has been changed recently.
I think they interpreted it incorrectly though - there was definitely a bit of neck contact, and that's the new line for a penalty.
Probably should have been a penalty try.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Quade Cooper suffered an injury in the warm up and is out of tonight's test. He will be replaced by Noah Lolesio.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
England have looked pretty comfortable in the first 20 minutes of this game.

Wayne's World

Australia don't really look like they have improved in relation to before the game when they were a team back on the up again

England will win this quite comfortably

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I'm no scrum expert but England appeared to be harshly penalised at that last scrum which allowed Australia to put 3 points on the board.

Dan_F

I'm no scrum expert but England appeared to be harshly penalised at that last scrum which allowed Australia to put 3 points on the board.
Yeah definitely. Even the Aussie commentator on my stream was surprised. I thought that they got away with a couple of borderline offsides as well.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Johnny HIll in the bin for pulling the hair of Darcy Swain, Swain given red for a headbutt. Stupid from Swain and we're down to 14 for the rest of the game, not 20 minutes.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
If Darcy Swain really wanted to headbutt Johnny Hill, this is how he should have done it.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Remember the Wallabies beat France last year playing with just 14 for 77 minutes. England nearly beat Ireland in this year's 6Nations when down to 14 for about 78 minutes earlier this year.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Sexton off.

Who is it here who calls him a walking concussion? :lol:
Me it's why I slept in till now, saw this coming a mile off, should of used the tour to bleed some of the younger players instead of wondering why we don't have game ready players once the WC comes around and surprisingly a 38 year-old sexton gets injured and carbery as well and the anointed one is still no where to be seen.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Me it's why I slept in till now, saw this coming a mile off, should of used the tour to bleed some of the younger players instead of wondering why we don't have game ready players once the WC comes around and surprisingly a 38 year-old sexton gets injured and carbery as well and the anointed one is still no where to be seen.
It's so depressing that this was clearly going to happen pretty much from the first game after the last WC.

Wayne's World

England are terrible, surely Eddie Jones need to be questioned in his managerial role? Going backwards pretty alarming

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Wallabies finishing strongly despite playing with 14 for so long. Folau Faingaa crashes over for a meat pie.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
It's so depressing that this was clearly going to happen pretty much from the first game after the last WC.
It's harder to get out of this Irish team than to get into it, look at Ryan he's living off the reputation of his 1st 20 games and he's pretty much shit the bed for the last 2 years, Murray he's just not the player he once was just bring one of the boys from up north. My belief is the international team should be an amalgamation of the 4 provinces styles interested of focusing on Leinster's because that gives 100 games of extra video to break down and figure out between every world cup and it was already figured out with a season to go.

Dan_F

Oof. Very embarrassing. Not even sure how that’s happened given England should have had a comfortable lead at half time.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
It's taken 9 attempts but the Wallabies have finally beaten an Eddie Jones coached England. Speaking of Eddie, he's going to struggle to put a positive spin on this result.

Next week's test is at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, a venue where the Wallabies have won 10 in a row. However, England is the last team to beat the Wallabies at Suncorp which was in 2016.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
It's taken 9 attempts but the Wallabies have finally beaten an Eddie Jones coached England. Speaking of Eddie, he's going to struggle to put a positive spin on this result.

Next week's test is at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, a venue where the Wallabies have won 10 in a row. However, England is the last team to beat the Wallabies at Suncorp which was in 2016.
We’re shite and directionless under EJ mate. Stuck between wanting to play a territory game but giving away too many shit pens, and not having a clue when it comes to creative rugby.
I’ve been grumbling about Eddie for years, but I think its starting to dawn on people that he doesn’t have the answer for this team

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
We’re shite and directionless under EJ mate. Stuck between wanting to play a territory game but giving away too many shit pens, and not having a clue when it comes to creative rugby.
I’ve been grumbling about Eddie for years, but I think its starting to dawn on people that he doesn’t have the answer for this team
Ye will be there or there abouts come the World Cup that’s his aim, ye will have a lot of game experienced players ready to pick from, it’s pointless trying to win away tours this year it should be all about getting strength and depth bringing through a few young players.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Ye will be there or there abouts come the World Cup that’s his aim, ye will have a lot of game experienced players ready to pick from, it’s pointless trying to win away tours this year it should be all about getting strength and depth bringing through a few young players.
I hope you’re right pal, of course. I just don’t see any areas we’re improving in. As for young players…Barbeary Earl and Willis….none featured over a desperately out of form Curry, and the return of Billy V. Other than blooding Arundal our backs have lacked cohesion for years, we’re just doomed if Man Utd isn’t fit, which he never is.
Anyway, I could grumble for years….hopefully you’re right and I’m wrong :D

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
England have a decent enough draw at the World Cup. Any of two Ireland, South Africa, Scotland, France and New Zealand will be out at the quarter final stage next year. England will make it to the knockout stage and from there it's a simple matter of who is good enough to win 3 games in a row.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Wales have started well against a Bok team that hasn't really changed its spots from last year in a stylistic sense.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
If you can handle SA's crash and bash as well as their maul, they have got nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.