Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Australia have beaten 25 South Africa 17 at the Adelaide Oval to retain the Mandela Plate. Openside Fraser McReight scored two tries, the 2nd of which was from a wonderfully executed set move. Back to the drawing board for a Bok side that seems to shit itself when playing in Australia.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Highlights from Adelaide. While the margin was exactly a blow out, two late tries from the Springboks made the game a bit closer than it actually was. Check out McReight's 2nd try. It was wonderfully worked.

Last edited:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Delighted for Michael Cheika. Yes, his Wallabies tenure didn't end well but the man is no dope and he'll always be remembered as the man who coached Argentina to a historic first ever win on New Zealand soil.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
If Argentina beat New Zealand again, the men in black be drop down to 6th in the world rankings.

Australia vs South Africa will be played at the brand spanking new Sydney Football Stadium. It'd a wonderful stadium but it's been pissing down rain in Sydney today.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
If Argentina beat New Zealand again, the men in black be drop down to 6th in the world rankings.

Australia vs South Africa will be played at the brand spanking new Sydney Football Stadium. It'd a wonderful stadium but it's been pissing down rain in Sydney today.
Well then.

Must say it’s lovely to see the underdogs doing well….truly inspiring stuff from New Zealand, a real rocky story.

What the feck is going on with the RC this year? Seems to be win one lose one, I’m about to stick my money on SA.

Kiwis cementing themselves as the New France

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Well then.

Must say it’s lovely to see the underdogs doing well….truly inspiring stuff from New Zealand, a real rocky story.

What the feck is going on with the RC this year? Seems to be win one lose one, I’m about to stick my money on SA.

Kiwis cementing themselves as the New France
All 4 countries having issues around consistency plus coaching issues for the All Blacks and Springboks have combined to create a very topsy turvy tournament.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Nic White has been booed by the Boks supporters whenever he's had his hands on the ball.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Damian De Allende scores the first try in a rugby test at the new Sydney Football Stadium (Allianz Stadium).

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
New Zealand have bounced back after creating more unwanted history last week by beating Argentina 53-3.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
A response is not surprising I suppose,but that's a hell of a response. Anything to glean from it?
Well, just like at Ellis Park, the AB's started well. Their work at the breakdown was better, executed better with the ball and had a bit more variation to their play.; they kicked judiciously and weren't as gung-ho with the ball thinking they could just run Argentina to shreds.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
South Africa have defeated Australia 24-8 to win the first rugby test at the new Allianz Stadium, which is also their first win in Australia since 2013 and their first win against Australia in Sydney since 1993. The better side won but the stop start nature of the game was perfect for rugby's detractors in AUS.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
South Africa have defeated Australia 24-8 to win the first rugby test at the new Allianz Stadium, which is also their first win in Australia since 2013 and their first win against Australia in Sydney since 1993. The better side won but the stop start nature of the game was perfect for rugby's detractors in AUS.
SA aren’t ideal opponents from that perspective, they’re very happy for an 80 minute shitfest and they generally win them

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Well, just like at Ellis Park, the AB's started well. Their work at the breakdown was better, executed better with the ball and had a bit more variation to their play.; they kicked judiciously and weren't as gung-ho with the ball thinking they could just run Argentina to shreds.
As an Irish aside, the folks denigrating the series win would have had a field day if NZ lost again :lol:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
It got a bit awkward for Joe Schmidt near full time in Hamilton.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Toulouse looking thoroughly shit at UBB tonight @JPRouve . Definitely post worthy because I’ve got money on them….which is probably why they’re losing. DuPont and Ntamack looking particularly flat, hopefully that’s an omen for the World Cup :D

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Kurtley Beale is back in the Wallaby fold and might take on the All Blacks in the upcoming Bledisloe Cup series. Beale, proving old habits die hard, described the All Blacks as ''the best team in the world''. This is an All Blacks side that has won 3 of its 7 tests this year and is ranked 5th in the world. Talk about putting your opponent on a pedestal!

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Kurtley Beale is back in the Wallaby fold and might take on the All Blacks in the upcoming Bledisloe Cup series. Beale, proving old habits die hard, described the All Blacks as ''the best team in the world''. This is an All Blacks side that has won 3 of its 7 tests this year and is ranked 5th in the world. Talk about putting your opponent on a pedestal!
He’s probably wise in not saying “tbh they’re a bit shit at the moment” given Australias horrendous record in bledisloes during his career

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
He’s probably wise in not saying “tbh they’re a bit shit at the moment” given Australias horrendous record in bledisloes during his career
In fairness to Beale, another publication had him describing the All Blacks as ''one of, if not the best in the world''. I would have preferred Beale say something alone the lines of, ''New Zealand were impressive in their last match against Argentina but, like us, they haven't had the results they would have wanted this year. If we bring our best, we'll give ourselves every chance of winning''. For his part, Dave Rennie said: ''If we bring our best, we can knock anyone over''.

Granted, I'm sitting behind a keyboard and will obviously be watching the match tomorrow (night Aussie time), but I feel Beale's comments were accurate in 2017 and putting the All Blacks on an unwarranted pedestal in 2022.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Tomorrow, Australia and New Zealand play a Bledisloe Cup test on a weeknight for the first time since 1994. On that night at the old Sydney Football Stadium, the Wallabies won 20-16, withstanding a strong 2nd half comeback from the All Blacks who trailed 17-6 at the break. The match is famous for Jason Little scoring a try in the first minute and for George Gregan's try saving tackle on Jeff Wilson in the shadows of full time.

diarm

Pretty exciting Emerging Ireland squad named for this upcoming tour to South Africa:

Only 3 of the 40 players who travelled to NZ are included in this squad - Frawley, Prendergast and McCarthy, none of whom featured in the test series. Between this tour, the game against NZ A's in the autumn and hopefully good use of the middle test against Fiji, it's great to see this Irish panel looking to develop real options in depth instead of just doing the same things we've done before every other failed World Cup.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
In fairness to Beale, another publication had him describing the All Blacks as ''one of, if not the best in the world''. I would have preferred Beale say something alone the lines of, ''New Zealand were impressive in their last match against Argentina but, like us, they haven't had the results they would have wanted this year. If we bring our best, we'll give ourselves every chance of winning''. For his part, Dave Rennie said: ''If we bring our best, we can knock anyone over''.

Granted, I'm sitting behind a keyboard and will obviously be watching the match tomorrow (night Aussie time), but I feel Beale's comments were accurate in 2017 and putting the All Blacks on an unwarranted pedestal in 2022.
For what it’s worth, Australia are +10 and I think that’s a great bet. Well, I’ve got £20 on it. I just think you’ll be so up for attacking the ABs whilst they’re weak, after years of not being good enough to challenge them.

Apologies, I’ve now doomed you to an over 10 point defeat :lol:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Wallabies walked up to halfway while the haka was on. They may get a fine from World Rugby but stuff em I say..

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I'm almost impressed at how he managed to hold himself up like that and cost himself and his team a try. Wallabies have done well to come back into this after a poor start.
Somewhat redeemed himself in the second half. Brilliant match for the neutral this, Aus done very well given the 3 yellows. If they can’t put this away it should feel like a missed opportunity

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Unbelievable test, one of the best in years for the neutral. Brutal robbery, amazing tries, French ref madness. Had it all

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Bernard Foley had a good game for 79 minutes but he fecked that up. One of the Wallabies was yelling at him to kick it out. If you're going to take that long to kick the ball out from a penalty, you run the risk of what just happened. If you're not sure time is off, ask the ref! It's not that hard.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I'm afraid, Bernard Foley fecked that up. He had opportunities to take the ref out of it and didn't. Kick it out, back your teammates to win the lineout and hold the ball long enough that time is up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.