Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The Springbok's full kit looks like a comfortable pyjama.

kidbob

South Africa live offside. Be a bit less effective if a ref was brave enough to penalise them until they had to hold the proper offside line.

JPRouve

Scout
South Africa live offside. Be a bit less effective if a ref was brave enough to penalise them until they had to hold the proper offside line.
And they consistently play the ball off their feets in rucks.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Yep, frustrating as hell. Not sure why it can’t be reffed properly

Jack-C20

It looked like the SA centre dropped his elbow in the Scot’s face
Thought I saw a bit more than the normal shirt grabbing but it is hard to keep track when there’s 20 blokes pushing each other about :lol: Still no replay though.

Traub

This is too tight for me. The loser here is going to have to beat Ireland to have any chance of qualifying.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Penalty count must be one of lowest in any match so far? Great discipline from both teams.
Key to Scottish victory for me. They have to fight so hard for territory and to hold the boks back, can’t afford to be giving them a free 40 meters too often

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
how is that not a red, too? fecking stupid sport.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Key to Scottish victory for me. They have to fight so hard for territory and to hold the boks back, can’t afford to be giving them a free 40 meters too often
Yup. It’s also amazing how few penalties the South Africans have given away considering how close they are to offside the whole time.

Side note. Irish pundits all in agreement that should have been an early red card for head to head contact by kriel .

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
the most annoying thing with rugby is they had the tmo stuff wrapped up a couple of years ago. there were a few consistent annoyances, straight feeds into scrums were never policed, stupid caterpillars for every box kick, stopping any kind of contes. the ref would ask the scrum half to use it, and he’d still take 10 seconds to do something, but you felt some kind of consistency.

it’s all gone to shit recently, the tmo ruins most games, picking and choosing what they want a closer look at, or ignoring things completely, and i find i’m more annoyed at the standard of officiating in rugby games than football now. that head on head has been seen by a panel of referees, ignored during a game, but no doubt will be cited afterwards, when it has no impact in the game it occurred in. world rugby needs a complete reset.

JPRouve

Scout
Irish TV analysts looking for cards again.
Rob Kearney says red for Kriel and two yellows for Russell (deliberate knock-on and the shoulder charge)
He is correct. If there is any consistency then the red is obvious and Russell committed two clear yellow card offenses.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Officiating has gone all football.

Never used to be like this in rugby.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fecking fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.