Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Really disrespectful by the All Blacks to steal Ireland's place in this final only to have a player sent off before the first half ends.

kidbob

Only worry for SA is that they keep kicking for 3 when they could go for more and NZ sucker punch them a few times.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
It probably won't. It's just unfortunate that you are currently watching the World Cup that's truly taking it in it's full effect so a lot of players just aren't tuned for it, since they've played the way they have since childhood.

By 2031/35 they'll all have been brought up with the new rules and ways of tackling etc.
Well I will believe it when I see it. I just believe that at this level with the speed of the game it’s very difficult to avoid this type of collision.

Zen

Why couldn't England have just held on last week only for NZ to be as insanely erratic with them in the final.... I think there would of been riots in Dublin. :drool:

Zen

Well I will believe it when I see it. I just believe that at this level with the speed of the game it’s very difficult to avoid this type of collision.
Sports continually change and you don't see the clear change until you watch games decades apart. Unless you genuinely feel this the final straw, then it's will happen, there's nothing to wait to see.... you had 2 fantastic quarter finals with players who are trying to re-wire their muscle memory with new rules and no reds in either, so yeah, it can and will end up working.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think you can though. All Kane had to do was get lower before making the tackle. Muscle memory means we’ll see a few more of these but most teams/players have adapted pretty well.

RORY65

Shite weather and red card spoiling this as a spectacle, which is a pity. Still gripping to watch but so many mistakes. Fair play to NZ for taking it to SA with a man less and dominating most of that half but they’re gonna run out of gas soon enough.
I don't think they've dominated, South Africa were on top for most of that half, but credit to New Zealand for keeping the score this close which means they're in it still given the individual talent they've got to break the game open in a moment.

Traub

Shite weather and red card spoiling this as a spectacle, which is a pity. Still gripping to watch but so many mistakes. Fair play to NZ for taking it to SA with a man less and dominating most of that half but they’re gonna run out of gas soon enough.
We are limping. Losing our only hooker in the squad makes it a lot more even than it should be

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don't think they've dominated, South Africa were on top for most of that half, but credit to New Zealand for keeping the score this close which means they're in it still given the individual talent they've got to break the game open in a moment.
They’ve dominated the territory and entered the SA 22 much more often than SA have entered theirs. At least that’s how it’s looked to me. I’m sure there are stats which can tell us for sure.

EDIT: Checked stats. NZ 67% possession but only 46% territory overall (55% in last 10 minutes, which is probably why I got it wrong). 28 carries over gainline vs 13 too. SA have made 105 tackles. NZ just 46. Fairly dominant overall.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
The drops in discipline from NZ was unusual, some of it was pressure but there were moments were you'd almost say nerves got to them

Zen

I think you can though. All Kane had to do was get lower before making the tackle. Muscle memory means we’ll see a few more of these but most teams/players have adapted pretty well.
Yeah more or less. We've softened to accept how football is... I mean the Beckham documentary truly highlighted this to me, Simeone barely makes a meal out of the kick compared to what Neymar would do now, yet the reaction to it was identical. We'd accept that as a clear red if it happened today, with absolutely no vilification of Simeone, or at least no way near as much as he got.

It's frustrating because these changes are pretty aggressively quick, but that's where the world is with concussions... but it'll be fine in the long run.

Zen

The truth is New Zealand are Rugby's true bottlers, not Ireland..... they went to 8 World Cups as massive favourites and came out with 3 titles, with some absolutely shocking losses thrown in there, now they've got themselves back to being the favourite going into this final and they mentally lost it with the line outs and discipline so far.

Still love their smooth handles however!

Zen

Was that Will Jordan just casually watching that? What's he up too?

Sorry Will - it was Beaudan! Wow.

Jack-C20

Wasn’t there a very obvious forward pass there? Or have the rules relaxed on that as well?

RORY65

Both captains might be sent off, this one might just be a yellow given it's less directly to the head.

RedDevilQuebecois

Headbutt! It's a yellow, but that could be upgraded to a red card against Kolisi if we go by the same standards as they did with Cane.

Zen

To weather the storm of that initial 5 minute burst from SA and now get this 10 minutes at least.... New Zealand could turn this if they aren't mentally shot. So many errors from them after 2 very perfect weekends previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.