Rugby Union 23/24 Discussion

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
It doesn't seem like it. I had a quick google and it won't really stop your brain bouncing around inside your skull.
No that's why there's always discussion in amateur boxing. It is argued that lessens the pain of impact so you can take more hits that will rattle the aul head innards.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Am I going mental or is there a faint beeping noise. Like 3 beeps, really high pitched in the background? Intermittently.

I just had to go through and check the fridge wasn’t left open.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Delivery van outside reversing?
Nah it stopped when I muted the tv. Either there’s something in the background of the commentary bit or I’m about to smell toast and have a seizure.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I’m at the pub with my very Welsh mate and his even welsher stepdad and I want to kill myself

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I’m at the pub with my very Welsh mate and his even welsher stepdad and I want to kill myself
My daughter met this lad on New Years Eve and they’ve been messaging and he asked her on a date (sounds old fashioned but he did).

Lad “shall we get something to eat?”. Daughter “yes, that sounds good”

Lad “with alcohol?” Daughter “yeah fine”

Lad “great, I’ll reserve a table at the pub on Saturday… we can watch the rugby” :lol:

Little does he know she actually likes rugby (I’ve brought her up to) and she’s got her Welsh top on under her smart jumper.

And he couldn’t be worse than the last two… both City fans! :mad:

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
My daughter met this lad on New Years Eve and they’ve been messaging and he asked her on a date (sounds old fashioned but he did).

Lad “shall we get something to eat?”. Daughter “yes, that sounds good”

Lad “with alcohol?” Daughter “yeah fine”

Lad “great, I’ll reserve a table at the pub on Saturday… we can watch the rugby” :lol:

Little does he know she actually likes rugby (I’ve brought her up to) and she’s got her Welsh top on under her smart jumper.

And he couldn’t be worse than the last two… both City fans! :mad:

Good woman!

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Yeah, it's your brain bashing against the inside of your own skull that's the issue.
This is the main reason for the lowering of the tackle height, although the counter argument is the risk of more knee-to-head injuries for the tackler.
Does it not absorb some of the impact?

Dan_F

If I remember right, the research in the NFL shows the opposite. When players have headgear, it gives them a false sense of security and they go into more extreme tackles.
Yeah you’re right with this. It’s the brain rattling against the skull that causes the issue isn’t it, not so much the actual contact on the outside of the head. Thats why NFL players get concussed despite the helmets. Scrum hats do nothing to protect against it

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam