Rugby Union 23/24 Discussion

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
You want to watch us get hammered?
I’ve promised to take the father in law down the pub to watch the FA cup….said we’d go about a month ago.

If I’d known the rugby would have been on at the same time I wouldn’t have but can’t back out now. Honestly I didn’t reckon whichever rugby federation is responsible could be so monumentally stupid.

Also, pretty terrible holding 2 major finals in the same city on the same day. I know it’s a big city but crap for transport/hotels etc etc

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
:lol:

I'm just in a general bleh mood as Connacht's season flounders and 12 players announce they're leaving.

Especially annoyed at the likes of Kilgannen going to Munster. That hurts. He looks a serious talent.

Yeah, I'm only on the periphery but there's few Connacht fans who drink in the local and they're a bit flat alright. Except when expressing their disdain for Leinster, but despite that they will cheer them on today. Proper order all round.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Yeah, I'm only on the periphery but there's few Connacht fans who drink in the local and they're a bit flat alright. Except when expressing their disdain for Leinster, but despite that they will cheer them on today. Proper order all round.
We'll cling to Robbie Henshaw being part of the squad as a reason.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Surely Leinster aren't at the same risk of being ravaged?
Not by a long shot :lol:

It’s a 50/50 on paper but Leinster have won the last 2 or 3 recent meetings, so I have them as favourites with the psychological advantage. Plus Toulouse can definitely be a bit flakey away from home

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Not by a long shot :lol:

It’s a 50/50 on paper but Leinster have won the last 2 or 3 recent meetings, so I have them as favourites with the psychological advantage. Plus Toulouse can definitely be a bit flakey away from home

Yeah the bookies have it basically 50/50. Not quite the same odds for United today unfortunately.

You're probably just getting pre match jitters @Pogue Mahone

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Yeah the bookies have it basically 50/50. Not quite the same odds for United today unfortunately.

You're probably just getting pre match jitters @Pogue Mahone
Obviously a few Leinster fans on here….

Which win would you rather have:

Leinster or United?

5th star or a redeeming feature in united’s awful season?

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Can you just hand over your Redcafe account to you son and we can all part ways on good terms?

I just think the FA cup loss won’t sting. I’ve been resigned to it for ages. With Leinster they’ve a better chance and all their eggs are in this basket, so losing will be agony. Plus it’s a more prestigious trophy. The CL equivalent.

My son thinks I’m an idiot, obviously.

StamsShinyHead

"SAF you're an old dick, but I respect you."

I just think the FA cup loss won’t sting. I’ve been resigned to it for ages. With Leinster they’ve a better chance and all their eggs are in this basket, so losing will be agony. Plus it’s a more prestigious trophy. The CL equivalent.

My son thinks I’m an idiot, obviously.
I'm with you here. Last year's final loss in Dublin was just so deflating I'm all in on this year.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Other way round. And he’s the rugby player!
That was a logic I’d gone with :lol:

I guess, were I a Leinster fan, I’d be more invested in the rugby. Another European loss will be agony, whereas United are fully expected to lose and anything else in a massive bonus

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That was a logic I’d gone with :lol:

I guess, were I a Leinster fan, I’d be more invested in the rugby. Another European loss will be agony, whereas United are fully expected to lose and anything else in a massive bonus
Yeah, that’s my logic. He disagrees. I’ve obviously reared him well as a United fan. Too well.