Rugby Union 23/24 Discussion

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
It's either bittersweet or sweet for those who support United and Leinster as United have won the FA Cup.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Toulouse makes no sense as a club. Which other club is as successful in a sport that is as competitive. I don't know if Real Madrid even matches that.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
The ref had some howlers but Toulouse were the better team. Leinster looked great for most of the game, but could never complete anything when it got into crunch territory.
You could say it was the high intensity defense played by Toulouse, but Leinster have been a little toothless the past few games.

Very bittersweet day

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
At the end of the 80 as well they should have tried to get closer for the drop kick.

kidbob

Has anyone checked on @kidbob? I genuinely fear the scale of misery hangover he’ll have this morning
I’m gutted!! Actually kind of both went how I expected and didn’t. I really thought they’d win comfortably enough against us as our attack has been a shambles this year. So it was mad that we brought them to extra time and really should have won it in the second half of normal time but still the reason we didn’t is our attack is misfiring too much.

Frawley needs to be the starting 10 next year and we need to just play Sam loads as the back up and hope he develops as we expect him too. Kind of crazy we made another final with only an alright outhalf.

Don’t like talking about the ref but I thought he was very questionable with a few calls that probably turned the game to Toulouse in certain moments but sure we were lucky against Northampton in that regard. I’m not sure what knock on he seen before the disallowed try.

Ultimately I’m more disappointed that we have lost 3 in a row which seems cruel but this one was more expected than the last 2. Hopefully we go all out for URC now but plenty of good sides in that too.

Hopefully the new attacking coach can get us firing next season but I fear for Ireland because I see nothing at all in Goodman.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I’m gutted!! Actually kind of both went how I expected and didn’t. I really thought they’d win comfortably enough against us as our attack has been a shambles this year. So it was mad that we brought them to extra time and really should have won it in the second half of normal time but still the reason we didn’t is our attack is misfiring too much.

Frawley needs to be the starting 10 next year and we need to just play Sam loads as the back up and hope he develops as we expect him too. Kind of crazy we made another final with only an alright outhalf.

Don’t like talking about the ref but I thought he was very questionable with a few calls that probably turned the game to Toulouse in certain moments but sure we were lucky against Northampton in that regard. I’m not sure what knock on he seen before the disallowed try.

Ultimately I’m more disappointed that we have lost 3 in a row which seems cruel but this one was more expected than the last 2. Hopefully we go all out for URC now but plenty of good sides in that too.

Hopefully the new attacking coach can get us firing next season but I fear for Ireland because I see nothing at all in Goodman.
Do you think Neinebar (however it’s spelt) coming in has affected the attack?

I can’t actually comment on the game as I was in the pub watching United….hoping to watch it in full tonight

Dan_F

What a tackle that is. This game has Saracens by three points all over it :lol:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
What a tackle that is. This game has Saracens by three points all over it :lol:
Unbelievable, I thought it was Cinti live….no fecking way that’s a blindside flanker making that cover tackle.

Wasn’t expecting saints to annihilate Sarries in the scrum, if they win they’ll have basically scrum-penned their way to victory

Dan_F

Unbelievable, I thought it was Cinti live….no fecking way that’s a blindside flanker making that cover tackle.

Wasn’t expecting saints to annihilate Sarries in the scrum, if they win they’ll have basically scrum-penned their way to victory
So many mistakes from Saracens. It’s going to take Bath or Sale playing absolutely out of their skin to even match Saints playing like this.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
So many mistakes from Saracens. It’s going to take Bath or Sale playing absolutely out of their skin to even match Saints playing like this.
Or Sarries with an 86 mins penalty to win by one ;)

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Even they couldn’t pull that one out. Going to be interesting to see how they do next season without Farrell and the rest.
Yeah do they have anyone lined up to replace Faz? Lozowski and vunipola are big downgrades.

I actually don’t rate their backline that highly without Faz. I think the pack will be ok, Billy replaced by Tom Willis is fine and Mako’s been a liability for ages, they’ll scrum better without him

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I forgot the Northampton vs Sale semi was on Friday night, so I'll have to watch a replay already knowing the result having checked the rugby section of the Guardian website when I ought not to have.

Last edited:

Dan_F

Yeah do they have anyone lined up to replace Faz? Lozowski and vunipola are big downgrades.

I actually don’t rate their backline that highly without Faz. I think the pack will be ok, Billy replaced by Tom Willis is fine and Mako’s been a liability for ages, they’ll scrum better without him
They’ve signed a fly half from New Zealand, I’m assuming he’ll be first choice.

Anyway, the most important game is today :lol: what’s your prediction? I think Bath should have too much for Sale in dry conditions, so much so that I already bought tickets to the final.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
They’ve signed a fly half from New Zealand, I’m assuming he’ll be first choice.

Anyway, the most important game is today :lol: what’s your prediction? I think Bath should have too much for Sale in dry conditions, so much so that I already bought tickets to the final.
Wow, good man….wish I was organised enough for stuff like that :(

Bath by 7 is the handicap and I think that’s fair. Sale are in form though and I like Sanderson for big games….I think he inspires his team. Should be a great game.

My summer cut is due to start today so I desperately need to get down the field and run….think I’ve got a good window between 2-3pm so will get in front of the tele for it

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Fin vs Finn in the battle of the flyhalves in the final at Twickenham is an enticing prospect so I hope Bath beat Sale in the 2nd semi.

Last edited: