Rugby World Cup 2015 | Reminiscing Thread

diarm

Yep, Fiji could easily have been within 4.
Fiji have left 12 points behind them off the tee. Missing that last penalty kick to touch was unforgivable as well because England looked properly rattled. Easy 3 points there though and that should settle it.

siw2007

England drove me nuts tonight!! Mistake after mistake after mistake. But fair play in the end, that conversion to make it 21 11 was key and our superior fitness told in the end. Think we were a little fortunate to get the last try, I think the last replay showed it touch the line but it was very difficult to see.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
England got a very good result from what was always likely to be a slightly nervy game for them, couldn't really expect much more in the circumstances. Job done, move on.

AshfordLad

I predicted 30-15 but didn't believe that England would struggle that much. A lot of turnovers, which will be worrying.
You were over-rating their pre tournament form. was always expecting a single digit score from them. Though was still expecting it to be a sticky game, great result getting the extra point.

saivet

For a non-rugby watcher, rugby league is probably easier to get into and will be more entertaining to you than rugby union.
I didn't watch it in the end, but will try another time. This one is rugby union then?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
It was always going to be about the 2nd half, very fortunate to get the bonus point in the end. Unfortunately Australia and Wales will find it a little easier against the Fijians, they aren't built for tournament rugby.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
ref called everything for fiji. their scrum wasn't square or the ball even remotely straight but the ref never called it. the subs made a huge difference for england. launchbury needs to start and i'd play billy and mako and sam. the subs made a huge difference.

Rednotdead

As an occasional watcher of rugby rather than an aficionado, it seems to me that the referee has become by far the most important individual in any match - a sure sign the game has become far too obsessed with rules. Also, the constant TMO referrals and interminable replays confirmed for me yet again that video refs in football simply wouldn't be viable. Those who say you could get a decision in seconds are completely wrong.

England look bang average. Making hard work of the easiest game in the group.
Uruguay is easiest game in group
Last night wasnt great, scrum and lineout a concern, but five point win was important

Fiji will be a test for both Wales and Aus. I can see them beating Wales, or running them very close at least

Sigma

The microphone on the referee is such a great idea and should be used in many more sports.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
"Georgia made 213 tackles to Tonga's 48."

I am Georgian but don't know anything about rugby. Can someone give me a footballing analogy as how to interpret those stats?

Cina

I am Georgian but don't know anything about rugby. Can someone give me a footballing analogy as how to interpret those stats?
Georgia made almost 5 times as many tackles as Tonga?

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings

Making more tackles means the other team is attacking more. That's like a team having 70% possession.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Georgia made almost 5 times as many tackles as Tonga?
Yeah I realise that but I don't have the grasp yet of how to interpret it, it has been hailed as an insanely impressive defensive performance and I'd like to fully understand it. Inter vs Barca 2010?

Cina

Yeah I realise that but I don't have the grasp yet of how to interpret it, it has been hailed as an insanely impressive defensive performance and I'd like to fully understand it. Inter vs Barca 2010?
Yeah it means that Tonga (likely) had most of the ball in the game.

Phil

It's also knackering to tackle constantly, hard to do.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Ireland running riot against the Canadians already, going to be a high score this I reckon, especially when Canada start getting tired in the second half.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Shit man, bonus point already, great backline move. The Irish are in love with that wrap around.

iSparky

So fecking easy for Ireland, I'm loving it.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Ireland doing what they need to. Just keep it going and don't ease off...

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Damn that intercept was almost on, lucky not to concede too with that knock-on. Great first half performance from the Irish to seal the game early, I'm predicting a lot of early subs to rest the main guys.

iSparky

7th try for Ireland so far. Just running up the score now.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I was just there, supporting Canada, it was basically a home game for Ireland with that crowd.