Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Like I said earlier in this thread, this will be bad for Ukraine. A competent Russian military leadership is not a good result for them.
If he actually manages to overthrow Putin, Russia will be in administational chaos for weeks and months. No way they could continue the war under these circumstances and would be forced to retreat.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Apart from the invasion itself this is the most mental development so far.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Apart from the invasion itself this is the most mental development so far.
2023 was getting a bit stale if all the attention on a little sub was anything to go by. I still remember my dad telling me the 60/70s were the craziest time in the world compared to today. This was before Covid and Trump. He hasn't said it since.

Abizzz

I mean yea, Putin is a cnut but he kept the other cnuts in line. With the boss gone, the struggle for power within a nuclear state could have dire consequences.

I don't think the war mongering mercenary leading a private army has any intention to pull out of Ukraine either, if anything after assuming power he would up the nationalistic rhetoric to gain support, ending the invasion would make him look weak.

The only hope for Ukraine is the coup turns into a protracted civil war draining all resources.
I used to think like that until the Ukraine war. Thought whoever manages to rid Russia of Putin would be worse.

Having seen the pictures of Mariupol and so many other Ukranian cities changed my mind. Won't get much worse than that and if that spreads whoever spreads it wont live long either.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I used to think like that until the Ukraine war. Thought whoever manages to rid Russia of Putin would be worse.

Having seen the pictures of Mariupol and so many other Ukranian cities changed my mind.
I dunno using banana republics as an example its just seems a mental corrupt dictator is replaced by an even more mental hot dog salesman. Its a major morale boost for Ukraine atm but im not getting giddy(well a bit) about how this will turn out.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Kadyrov's tiktok army probably faked mechanical problems to create a traffic jam, so they don't have to advance on Rostov for now

nimic

something nice
Scout
Kadyrov's tiktok army probably faked mechanical problems to create a traffic jam, so they don't have to advance on Rostov for now
Remember when some Cafites were convinced these guys were the best of the best, the elite of Russian forces, maybe the best thing since sliced bread and the Navy Seals?

Smithy89

Remember when some Cafites were convinced these guys were the best of the best, the elite of Russian forces, maybe the best thing since sliced bread and the Navy Seals?
They're just like that kid who had a mega scrap decades ago and has lived off it ever since.

Sauxees Moi Hui

They are very good.

Whether Kadyrov actually wants his trusted regiments to die while defending the Russian military is a separate question.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Has the mercenary captain made any kind of pitch for why folks should want his lot to succeed, or is he not bothering with that stuff?

Withnail

Prigozhin, a former cook of Putin, decided to take power in Russia. He leads a mercenary group called "Wagner" that fought in Ukraine since the start of the war. Putin gave Prigozhin free reign to equip his Wagners with military equipment and men. But after some time, the Kremlin and Russian MoD decided Wagner became too strong and dangerous and forced them so sign a contract which would subordinate them to Russian MoD and thus end their independence. But Prigozhin doesn't want to give up his new power and go back to cooking, so he played his last card and started a rebellion in Russia to overthrow Putin's regime.
Hold on, this lad is just a cook?

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Has the mercenary captain made any kind of pitch for why folks should want his lot to succeed, or is he not bothering with that stuff?
Officially, he wants to stop the lies and corruption of the Russian MoD. Unofficially, he just loves power and doesn't want to lose it.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Hold on, this lad is just a cook?
Yeah. He was in prison for child prostitution, then took over a restaurant that was a meeting point for Moscow's high society. This way he met Putin and his friendship gave him the opportunity to open restaurants all over the country, as well as cater for the whole Russian army. He made billions and with that money, he created Wagner.

binary bot
It feels so surreal. Going off some of the footage, it seems calm relative to the enormity of the situation. Almost expecting some sort of agreement to come out of nowhere.