RvP Transfer | Signed with Fenerbahce | See thread in the footy forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
Thanks is the official club statement?
No, but it's the truth. It's why they confirmed their interest in Nani and why they haven't said a thing about van Persie, they're legally forced to confirm if they've bid/reached personal terms with him. Their interest might be genuine, but at the moment it's pure speculation.

Fener1907

Turkish club Fenerbahçe confirm interest in United striker van Persie

Fenerbahçe have confirmed their interest in signing Manchester United striker Robin van Persie.

The chairman of Fenerbahçe, Aziz Yıldırım, stated earlier today that the club had been in contact with their counterparts in Manchester over a potential deal for the 31-year-old.

Their interest comes after the club had announced that it was also interested in signing Nani. The Portuguese is yet to sign a contract in Istanbul, but he's expected to put pen to paper by Monday.

Speaking of their interest in van Persie, Yıldırım said, "I was well keen to learn Dutch, and I'd just got the hang of the prepositions, and then Dirk did one back to Dutchieland. I'm determined not to let my progress go to waste, hence the interest in Robin"

Manchester United are yet to comment on the Turkish side's interest.
There you go. We're in there.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I doubt RvP will make this easy, I imagine we'll have to pay him to leave.
I'm sure we will. There's no way they can pay anywhere near his current wages. We'll be agreeing to pay a proportion of them for time his contract with us would've run for, presumably (which makes it fecking stupid that they'll almost certainly pay us a fee - but clubs seem to think it makes it look better that way).

Cro

I'm really torn on RVP's possible departure.

First of all, I always admired his style of play and was so excited, when we signed him. Therefore, I'm probably a bit biased towards this subject, but all in all, I think he still has a lot to offer and we could regret the decision to let him leave in some ways. There aren't that many top strikers out there at the moment, let alone for sale. If we decide to let him leave, we would need a replacement, as Wilson doesn't look ready to fill the void as the second striker based on his performances/cameos (no shame in that), especially with CL football in mind.

If LvG sees Rooney as our main striker, then this position is blocked and the striker we are going to sign has to play the second fiddle. That would probably exclude players from the top bracket. RVP still has class, experience at the highest level and is settled. We won't generate a lot of money, probably have to pay some of his wages anyway and replace him with someone less classy? Doesn't really make sense to me. Yes, he isn't the player he was when we signed him, but he isn't as bad as some people claim him to be. All of our strikers failed to reach the level they could last season, which can't be a coincedence. A good pre season under his belt and with the whole team looking better towards the end of the season, he will do his job. I would be happy to see him running his contract down and leave afterwards, as I don't really see the benefit of selling him for that price right now.

Crashoutcassius

We've had two big name strikers for 1 position for 3 years now and I'll be glad if this is the end of it. Hated the signing initially and then was happier when SAF looked to be freezing Rooney out and setting up his move to Chelsea. Then in comes Moyes and didn't want to lose rooney afterall. The best football we played that season was when one was injured and we could play 1 striker.

Similarly last season the injury the RVP was the biggest blessing as we could finally play 4-3-3, the formation LVG is famous for. I would happily let RVP go for free this summer if he's not happy to sit on the bench as cover for Rooney. Or I'd happily see him up front and let rooney be on the bench, but we know that isn't going to happen. I just will be glad to see the back of this selection head ache at last. I hope we are on a path to getting a brilliant front 3 like we had 6-7 years ago

Drifter

American
His agent as denied it saying that all that will happen is Van Persie will return for training tomorrow.

Firstouch20

Van Persie said a few weeks ago that he still has ambitions to play at the highest level until he's 35/36. I think Utd and Fener are trying to orchastrate a move but i don't think Van Persie will agree to it.

Mister Ed

I'm really torn on RVP's possible departure.

First of all, I always admired his style of play and was so excited, when we signed him. Therefore, I'm probably a bit biased towards this subject, but all in all, I think he still has a lot to offer and we could regret the decision to let him leave in some ways. There aren't that many top strikers out there at the moment, let alone for sale. If we decide to let him leave, we would need a replacement, as Wilson doesn't look ready to fill the void as the second striker based on his performances/cameos (no shame in that), especially with CL football in mind.

If LvG sees Rooney as our main striker, then this position is blocked and the striker we are going to sign has to play the second fiddle. That would probably exclude players from the top bracket. RVP still has class, experience at the highest level and is settled. We won't generate a lot of money, probably have to pay some of his wages anyway and replace him with someone less classy? Doesn't really make sense to me. Yes, he isn't the player he was when we signed him, but he isn't as bad as some people claim him to be. All of our strikers failed to reach the level they could last season, which can't be a coincedence. A good pre season under his belt and with the whole team looking better towards the end of the season, he will do his job. I would be happy to see him running his contract down and leave afterwards, as I don't really see the benefit of selling him for that price right now.
At times he looked worse than Falcao

The thing that really irks me and takes away all doubt if we should keep him or not is the fact he just doesn't run and work on the pitch. Which would be ok if he'd be as lethal upfront as he used to be and would score those winning goals every match but he doesn't anymore. He doesn't score the chances anymore that he used to finish with his eyes close.

I really don't see the point in keeping him. He doesn't work alot on the pitch, he has got no pace and makes no runs, he has lost the things that made him so valuable which is killerinstinct upfront. He is on 10 million a year wages, he'll likley be crocked for the main part of the season and he'll be expecting to play just on basis of reputation and name.

I don't think he can get into the team ahead of Rooney and I believe there are enough players available who'd be much better suited to give Rooney competition for the striker position. Starting with the fact we should be looking at player who isn't tirred after running for 70minutes, a player that works and weighs on a defence also if he doesn't score and somebody who don't have to pay 10 million a year for being out injurred for half a season.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I'd be happy to see him go tbh, he can wish all he wants to ge playing "top level" football for the next few years but the simple fact is he isn't good enough anymore.

A combination of age (regardless of what he says), injuiries and General attitude and effort mean he won't ever be the player he used to be its time he was moved on and a new frontman brought in.

Bwuk

I personally think it'd be a stupid move to get rid. We'd be left with Rooney, who himself hasn't been at his best for a while, and Wilson who is unproven.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
If we are letting him go we must have something planned...
No sane top striker will sit on the bench knowing United have put a huge millstone around the club's neck named CAPTAIN Wayne Rooney and his long term 300k contract. He is always going to play and we are going to play with one striker.

Sigh, we are severely lacking in firepower. Let's dream that he will score the 30+ goals needed to challenge for the title.

The Purist

Supports
Arsenal
@Lizzi Can I ask why you're still pretending to be a United fan when about 75% of your posts are on Chelsea threads and 90% of them seem to mention either Chelsea or Arsenal anyway!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
@Lizzi Can I ask why you're still pretending to be a United fan when about 75% of your posts are on Chelsea threads and 90% of them seem to mention either Chelsea or Arsenal anyway!
Ridiculous accusation. I have an interest in other teams besides my own team. Didn't realise it was a crime.

The Purist

Supports
Arsenal
Ridiculous accusation. I have an interest in other teams besides my own team. Didn't realise it was a crime.
Read back through all your posts and look how many are about Chelsea and look how positive they are. Your posts are also riddled with anti-Arsenal/Liverpool sentiment - another Chelsea trait.

Sorry but I can't see an actual United fan spending so much time talking about them. If you genuinely support United then speak about United! You support one of the biggest teams in England and a proper club - stop worrying about those Johnny Come Lately plastic money merchants!

darioterios

Read back through all your posts and look how many are about Chelsea and look how positive they are. Your posts are also riddled with anti-Arsenal/Liverpool sentiment - another Chelsea trait.

Sorry but I can't see an actual United fan spending so much time talking about them. If you genuinely support United then speak about United! You support one of the biggest teams in England and a proper club - stop worrying about those Johnny Come Lately plastic money merchants!
Let's talk about Lizzi?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

I really don't understand how you're telling me what to do and how I should behave.

To your point about Chelsea, I'm a Mourinho fan and I spent a lot of time defending him. Hardly the crime of the century.

The Purist

Supports
Arsenal
I really don't understand how you're telling me what to do and how I should behave.

To your point about Chelsea, I'm a Mourinho fan and I spent a lot of time defending him. Hardly the crime of the century.
I guess I was half right then. Perhaps you could get a special 'United/Mourinho fan' banner to act as some form of clarification. I'm not telling you how to act at all, sorry if it came across that way. I just find it nauseating reading a fan of a proper club constantly talking about a different, rival team in such a positive manner and had to clarify that you weren't a troll.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I guess I was half right then. Perhaps you could get a special 'United/Mourinho fan' banner to act as some form of clarification. I'm not telling you how to act at all, sorry if it came across that way. I just find it nauseating reading a fan of a proper club constantly talking about a different, rival team in such a positive manner and had to clarify that you weren't a troll.
I have openly said I'm a Mourinho fan on several occasions. It's not a secret. Also, I don't despise Chelsea like say, Arsenal or Liverpool, but that doesn't make me a closet Chelsea fan.

Fener1907

Robin van Persie: "I have one foot out of the door"

Man Utd striker breaks silence over potential move.

Robin van Persie came closer to ending his time at Old Trafford by stating that he felt like he had "one foot out of the door."

He also added, "Last season, I felt like I had ants in my pants when I was on the bench and the rest of the lads were running around. I'd go home and run up and down the stairs just to burn all of that extra energy, occasionally throwing in a few star jumps when I got to the top. I even wore out a few pairs of socks doing that, so I guess Jamie Redknapp could say I literally ran my socks into the ground."

The statement comes after speculation that Turkish club Fenerbahçe are interested in signing the Dutchman.

The striker, who struggled in front of goal last season, is also thought to also be considering other clubs.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Van Persie said a few weeks ago that he still has ambitions to play at the highest level until he's 35/36. I think Utd and Fener are trying to orchastrate a move but i don't think Van Persie will agree to it.
Turkey is perfect for players who still have ambitions to play at the highest level but can't.

Think the club has the final say,unless he wants to be discarded like Podolski.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I have openly said I'm a Mourinho fan on several occasions. It's not a secret. Also, I don't despise Chelsea like say, Arsenal or Liverpool, but that doesn't make me a closet Chelsea fan.
I think @Orc used that one, but I'm not 100% sure.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Fener1907's quotes are hilarious!

RVP going nowhere then.

Status
Not open for further replies.