Ryan Giggs | Interviewed for Wales job

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
He's not really interested in management, but he's got to make out that he is just in case José gets Judased & there's a vacancy at United.
I'm not sure if it's a joke but I think your spot on :')

I'm realistic enough to know no manager is going to want to build a dynasty at Swansea or stick around a while, but I imagine Giggs would turn up with a MU training tracksuit

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
What has he done to merit a PL job? No less one where they're going to be right up against it to survive. You'd think an experienced head a la Guidolin last season would be a better route.

I think his managerial career is a disaster waiting to happen. I don't think players would respect him given his horrible personality. If the players don't take to you then you're as good as finished.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I'm not sure if it's a joke but I think your spot on :')

I'm realistic enough to know no manager is going to want to build a dynasty at Swansea or stick around a while, but I imagine Giggs would turn up with a MU training tracksuit
If I recall correctly, didn't Swansea's owners turn him down last time 'round, mate?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
If I recall correctly, didn't Swansea's owners turn him down last time 'round, mate?
Apparently so, people say the chairman is actually a big Giggs fan and really does rate him as a potential manager. Which if that is the case I would be a lot more comfortable with him taking over (as long as Guidolin gets a fair crack).

prath92

4 games? Why isn't he managing Barcelona.

Gary Monk didn't get given the manager role, he was made an interim but results improved, he was a cheap gamble , Giggs won't be, there's also few positives to hiring him when they could get an up and coming manager, who has actually managed before.
The point wasn't that Giggs is a tip manager but that you can't complain about his lack of experience when you have in the past appointed a player with little managerial experience and what was Rodgers' experience? His failure at reading and Watford? He won't ever manage at United but he could be good enough for a side with lesser aspirations.

acnumber9

What has he done to merit a PL job? No less one where they're going to be right up against it to survive. You'd think an experienced head a la Guidolin last season would be a better route.

I think his managerial career is a disaster waiting to happen. I don't think players would respect him given his horrible personality. If the players don't take to you then you're as good as finished.
I don't think Giggs is a person who has struggled to make friends with footballers. They probably don't care about his extra curricular activities.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
The point wasn't that Giggs is a tip manager but that you can't complain about his lack of experience when you have in the past appointed a player with little managerial experience and what was Rodgers' experience? His failure at reading and Watford? He won't ever manage at United but he could be good enough for a side with lesser aspirations.
I get your point, in the past the club has used up and coming managers. The landscape has completely changed though, we are not in league 2 or 1, we're in the richest football league in the world.

Rodgers didn't have a playing career, he worked at Chelsea as a coach, was highly rated by Mourinho and had worked at 2 clubs as the man in charge. Also failure at Watford? Reading paid a million to get him! And finally, we weren't a Premiership side, we were in the championship (promotion looking unlikely at the time)

So if Rodgers is willing to drop down a league, why can't Giggs?

And how do you know Giggs will never be good enough for Manchester United, but he's good enough for Swansea now?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Oh sorry I misunderstood you, yeah the results were good even if the football wasn't great. Truthfully that's enough for me to support him, all I want is to see him trying to be more positive on the pitch. The board screwed him over with transfers too so it's far from easy for him.
He doesn't make it easier either by benching Gylfi or playing him on the left to favor the much more defensive approach. I'd think that you'd want Gylfi and Llorente to click asap.

AlwaysRed66

'Ryan Giggs would be interested in managing Swansea if the club parted company with boss Francesco Guidolin.' According to BBC Sport. Talk about knifing a manager in the back. I wish Swansea fans luck if he were to take over.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
So they are planning to replace an experienced and top quality (small club type) of manager with a rookie who cant keep it in his pants? Good luck to that

devips

We had Mike Phelan jokes till he proved himself. Now we have Giggs. Redcafe is a weird fan community!

m1y2

On the other hand...who in their right minds would hire Giggs to manage EPL side. The guy has zero experience. It took Phelan 20 years to land his first temporary job and i think he earned it. Giggs not so much.
Monk was also unexperienced and did a great job initially, Guardiola relatively unexperienced too and then built one of the best teams ever, not saying Giggs has it in him but sometimes it turns out well. He also played under Fergie for so long, so I guess he's got different experience, he's Welsh etc... that Italian was strange appointment, why not to try something else..

on a other note I think that for example Rio could be better manager than Giggs

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Guidolin's a very good coach I think. Swansea need to have a real good think before firing someone like him, odds of finding someone vastly better are slim.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I swear Giggs has said he hasn't had contact and that he's taking a break, yet all these made up stories.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I swear Giggs has said he hasn't had contact and that he's taking a break, yet all these made up stories.
yeah i'm sure he's said he's happy working in media etc at the moment and it's disrespectful to talk about a job when there's a manager there

buckooo1978

how dare you. name one time he's ever lied about anything important ever.
ok you got me

sorry just the notion of Giggs thought process.....I'll shag my brother's wife for so many years....but talk about a job before the manager is sacked.....no sir-ee - I'm not going to cross that line

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
His people are certainly trying to put pressure on Swansea to pull the trigger on Guidolin.

jem

I don't see why we wouldn't want the best for Giggs. If he goes somewhere like Swansea and succeeds that can only be a good thing.

izec

Hope he gets appointed. Want to see what he can do. If he does well, that would be a step in the right direction and i would be happy for him.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
If he does get the Swansea job then I hope he develops some sort of personality as he comes across as very dull on TV

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I don't see why we wouldn't want the best for Giggs. If he goes somewhere like Swansea and succeeds that can only be a good thing.
yeah. I don't know why some people are trying to take the piss on this. We should all wishing him to land such a job and do well.

My dream scenario would be Giggs being our own Guardiola in some ways. Played for us and manage us some day and become successful. If he goes to Swansea, does a decent job he might start attracting bigger PL clubs in the league like Poch and Koeman and the journey is on.

PeteManic

Why would he take another Premier League job?

He's the most celebrated player at Man Utd. Most appearances, most medals.

Why get into management and all the stresses that come with it? Not one Fergie era player has been a truly successful manager. He has no chance of replicating that success either away from United or maybe eventually with United.

Taking the Swansea job would be a worse idea than Solskjaer taking the Cardiff one. And that was absolutely crazy.