Ryan Giggs | Interviewed for Wales job

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Whoever takes over at Swansea, it'll be a tough job.
And if Giggs were to fail (and the next manager, Giggs or whoever, probably will), it won't look good on his CV.
The best thing he can do is take a low profile job, where the pressure is low and chances of failure are low. He can build his confidence, learn his trade and then move up in 18 months (assuming he does a good job).
If his first job (maybe Swansea) goes wrong, I can't see him even wanting to get another management job.

Jaybomb

This would be a terrible move for Giggsy. Their squad is rubbish and they will be wanting him out if he doesn't get instant results. Similar to Solskjaer at Cardiff.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
And if Giggs were to fail (and the next manager, Giggs or whoever, probably will), it won't look good on his CV.
The best thing he can do is take a low profile job, where the pressure is low and chances of failure are low. He can build his confidence, learn his trade and then move up in 18 months (assuming he does a good job).
If his first job (maybe Swansea) goes wrong, I can't see him even wanting to get another management job.
This is a guy who wanted his first job to be manager of Manchester United. I don't think hes looking for a low profile job with less pressure. If he thinks he's good enough to take the United job then he won't be worried over Swansea

ROFLUTION

So Ryan is from Wales. Swansea is a welsh club. If you are from Wales, you like Wales. You want to be a manager in Wales. If you are a welsh club. You want a manager born in Wales.

I see where this is heading. Matter of days.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
They'll either go for Giggs or Coleman imo. Neither would be the right move.

prath92

No job will be less pressurising for him. Even if he takes over York City, he will be expected to top the league in which they play.

Ixion

I think he'd be better taking over a good Championship side and bringing them up than heading into freefall with a struggling PL team.

Lynty

Why do people think the Championship is easier to manage in? its such an unpredictable league. He'll have worse players and worse resources. And he'll be expected to make a challee for promotion to further his career.

At Swansea or Stoke - all he has to do is avoid relegation this season for it to viewed as a moderate success.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I used to have inside knowledge (made a decent amount on Shelvey's move) as I was friends with some of the players, but they've all moved on so I'm in the dark. The word is he's a goner though. If it's true it's the wrong move.

They'll either go for Giggs or Coleman imo. Neither would be the right move.
Quite a few in my group want Coleman. I think he's done an absolutely fantastic job with Wales, but that tactical set up won't work at Swansea as our defense is worse than the national team. It's an unpopular opinion with some of the supporters but if Guidolin goes, I'd honestly be happy with Kenny Jackett who is a free agent. Very risky though, probably more risky than Giggs.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
He's a twice failed assistant manager, why would any PL club appoint him as manager!?

Perhaps a reality check for those who were inexplicably calling for him to take over United...

If he's so keen to manage I'd expect him to take over a club soon though. And I reckon League 1 would be a wiser starting point than the chaotic Championship or the PL where I really can't imagine any club appointing him as manager.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Don't worry Giggs. Sunderland job may become available this season, soon.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Having looked at Swansea fan forums they appear to be extremely relieved that Giggs didnt get the job.

Lurpak99

Buttered up
Having looked at Swansea fan forums they appear to be extremely relieved that Giggs didnt get the job.
Of course. Giggs was a great player and nothing more than that, he's not even a decent human being.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He could be attractive to a Championship side in that he could be a good gateway to loaning some of our best talents.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Good for Giggs as Swansea are heading down anyway.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Starting to think Giggs just wants the United job and nowt else
I've been of that view for a while now. Yes, he'll say all the right things about being prepared to work wherever but i don't believe him.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I've been of that view for a while now. Yes, he'll say all the right things about being prepared to work wherever but i don't believe him.
I think if Giggs is waiting to be appointed manager of Man Utd he may be waiting quite some time. He isn't of course and will try and get a job elsewhere - whether any other club would be prepared to make him their manager is another question altogether - mind you Tim Sherwood did.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
He should take over at Stockport and try and get them back in the league.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
He'll end up at Cardiff, Trollope is getting nowhere with them and whilst they aren't promotion contenders they could and should be pushing for playoffs.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
He should take the Villa job. Less pressure then a dodgey prem club like swansea who could easily get relegated this ruining his coaching career before its begun. At Villa he could easily sort them out without the stress of a potential relegation as its already happened.

Mr. Ant

He should take the Villa job. Less pressure then a dodgey prem club like swansea who could easily get relegated this ruining his coaching career before its begun. At Villa he could easily sort them out without the stress of a potential relegation as its already happened.
No one will sort out Villa unless the people at the top stop being absolutely clueless.