Ryan Giggs | Interviewed for Wales job

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Why? Because Swansea didn't hire Ryan Giggs you want them to be relegated?
No. I like Swansea, they often fail result wise against our rivals, but they do give them a hard time.

It was just a non-serious comment made in jest seeing those fan forums mentioned.

They could use Ryan, that's for sure. :cool:

Minimalist

Unemployment rife as always under those damn Tories. Someone give this man a job!

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
No. I like Swansea, they often fail result wise against our rivals, but they do give them a hard time.

It was just a non-serious comment made in jest seeing those fan forums mentioned.

They could use Ryan, that's for sure. :cool:
I wouldn't be able to say anything anyway, I hate clubs for far more petty reasons :') (West Brom comes to mind)

The Swansea forums are awful, with a few genuinely hilarious posters.

Perhaps as a player :lol:
In all seriousness, while I didn't want Giggs, I'm no happier with Bradley. Though I'll treat it the same way as I would have if Giggs had been appointed and keep an open mind.

Lurpak99

Buttered up
You also have to wonder what Giggs wants from a managerial career? The guy have won 13 PL titles, 4 FA Cups, 4 League Cups, 2 CL titles and a couple of those World Cups for club sides. He's already been there and done that, what's his motivation? If I was him I'll settle for one of those cosy pundit jobs, instead of taking such a stressful job as it is being a manager where I can only do what I've already done as a player.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I've been of that view for a while now. Yes, he'll say all the right things about being prepared to work wherever but i don't believe him.
Me too. Hoped I was wrong but it looks more and more likely. He doesn't seem keen to get going...... the longer he waits though, the more likely he won't get a chance at United. He'll still have the same problem of no experience.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Wonder why Giggs didn't impress? To be fair, he's not the greatest speaker. Perhaps a job in football behind the scenes is actually what would suit him instead..

edcunited1878

Giggs has virtually zero managerial experience and has no clue how to actually run a playing staff because he's never been a full time manager. Swansea want to survive the drop, being sentimental with Giggs would have been disastrous.

Minimalist

Wonder why Giggs didn't impress? To be fair, he's not the greatest speaker. Perhaps a job in football behind the scenes is actually what would suit him instead..
He's pretty dull. That's been a constant with his media appearances. He's not alone with that characteristic but most managers have a bit more about them when they want to talk about the game.

pixel

You also have to wonder what Giggs wants from a managerial career? The guy have won 13 PL titles, 4 FA Cups, 4 League Cups, 2 CL titles and a couple of those World Cups for club sides. He's already been there and done that, what's his motivation? If I was him I'll settle for one of those cosy pundit jobs, instead of taking such a stressful job as it is being a manager where I can only do what I've already done as a player.
I reckon that is what he will do, if the United job doesn't get handed to him on a platter.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
He had reportedly penciled in Nicky Butt as part of his back room staff if he had got the job.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
The answer is right there in what you wrote. He is a competitor, the same things that drive players drive coaches and managers. He has a lifetime of competing, there is the motivation.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Why would Butt leave Man Utd? He's got a job for life having control of the youth teams, rather than being Giggs' Ass Man.
..because he is his mate.
Both are wealthy, so money isn't an issue.
If money was not an issue and my best mate asked me to come to work with him at his new shop/office/club, I'd be tempted.

GloryHunter07

Chris Sutton was making a fool of himself last night about this on 5live. Apparently the Swansea job should've gone to Giggs because of who he is, and not Bradley who is an experienced manager. Aparently Giggs shouldn't even have to interview.

Sutton then went on to criticise The FA for giving the England job to a relatively inexperienced Southgate ahead of someone like Steve Bruce. :wenger:

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
A great player and loyal servant to United back in his playing days but I don't rate him as a manager at all. In fact, its a joke that he was considered for the managerial position for our club.

Ixion

Chris Sutton was making a fool of himself last night about this on 5live. Apparently the Swansea job should've gone to Giggs because of who he is, and not Bradley who is an experienced manager. Aparently Giggs shouldn't even have to interview.

Sutton then went on to criticise The FA for giving the England job to a relatively inexperienced Southgate ahead of someone like Steve Bruce. :wenger:
Well he's daft on the Giggs point but I'd take Bruce over Southgate too. Bruce has been a good manager.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

:lol: that's great

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona

If you haven't misquoted him, i really think some pundits don't engage their brain before opening their mouths.

jojose

I’m absolutely bewildered by the apparent high opinion Giggsy has of himself as a managerial candidate. As I a supporter of a club he has managed (albeit in a caretaker capacity) and as a No.2 for 2 seasons he left me nothing other than at very best, underwhelmed.

I always get to the ground in time to have a cuppa and a pie whilst watching the warm up. Giggsy’s body language gave the impression he couldn’t be less interested. Walking about with his hands in his pockets and chatting to Rio, Scholesy etc when the where pitch side pundits. Stand up straight, get your hands out of your pockets and look interested was the first thing I was told when entering the big wide world.

The only other insight we saw was a very rare interview when if the football he was involved in coaching didn’t put you to sleep, him talking would.

Then the amount of times we gave away horrific avoidable goals and seemed ill prepared for certain opposition was quite frankly staggering. We know he prepared presentations on the opposition.

There is obviously a degree of assumption based on my assessment of him as we can’t know for certain how much or little he did contribute but after getting over the fact it is football royalty Ryan Giggs, I can't for one second imagine him being inspirational, motivational or tactical in the slightest.

He seems to want to land the perfect Premier League job on the basis of him being Ryan Giggs as opposed to actually proving he is worthy of it. You have managers like Rafa Benitez prepared to spend a year in the championship to get a Premier League job, Aitor Karanka similar, Keano did.....managing in the Premier League is a red hot job, financially alone your guaranteed of becoming very wealthy if your successful or not. They'l be experienced managers out there along way behind Giggsy in the bank balance and achievement department who are desperate / hungry to be involved, I don't think Giggsy has that desperation and hunger.

Every current Premiership manager is very experienced. They have all served a good apprenticeship and worked there way up. Sure the likes of Pep have been fortunate in how he got his start but they have all prved their ability. Giggsy pumped balls up and did a naff presentation on the opposition.

I would be genuinely shocked if he achieved anything more in the game.

Last edited:

GloryHunter07

If you haven't misquoted him, i really think some pundits don't engage their brain before opening their mouths.
I think Danny Mills called him out on it (its downloadable). So many pundits just go on air and reel off the same il thought through nonsense. If you are going to say something controversial on air don't contradict yourself 20 mins later.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Also, Giggs's interview for the Swansea job was underwhelming according Riath Al Samarrai who covers Swansea for the daily mail.

jojose

Also, Giggs's interview for the Swansea job was underwhelming according Riath Al Samarrai who covers Swansea for the daily mail.
I can imagine. Probs turned up expecting it to be a formality. The other guy will have given a presentation, will have evaluated the current squad. Identified weaknesses. Proposed solutions.

Giggsy gives me the impression he'll have rocked up and said "Im Ryan Giggs, you know Class of 92. Ryan Giggs, played under Sir Alex"

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I can imagine. Probs turned up expecting it to be a formality. The other guy will have given a presentation, will have evaluated the current squad. Identified weaknesses. Proposed solutions.

Giggsy gives me the impression he'll have rocked up and said "Im Ryan Giggs, you know Class of 92. Ryan Giggs, played under Sir Alex"
So much assumption, so much just dreamt up based on feck knows what

macheda14

..because he is his mate.
Both are wealthy, so money isn't an issue.
If money was not an issue and my best mate asked me to come to work with him at his new shop/office/club, I'd be tempted.
Tempted yes, but I think it's a far more prestigious and rewarding job being the overseer of United's youths development and attempting to bring it up to being the best in the world, than being a coach in a team of coaches in a precarious position at Swansea. Money isn't the issue I don't think I'd want a downgrade in my position (that he most likely loves) to go work with my mate, unless it was to open a zany bar which was home to loads of wacky characters with hilarious results.

Petr1

Imagine his interview went something like this. Edit: didnt realize it was a edited clip.

Sparky10Legend

I love Giggsy, he's the complete antithesis of Rooney. He made the absolute best of his considerable genetic gifts.

But off the pitch all that's changed, can't help feeling that even in the cesspit of morals that is professional football his "swordsmanship " has crossed a line.

His only hope is an Aston Villa /Derby/ etc etc. Am ambitious , big, championship club. He shouldn't go somewhere like Leeds, but this Villa opportunity he should be all in for. Big club with a decent squad (relatively ).

starman

I always wonder what goes on in football manager interviews. Unless they have something to say that is radical that will revolutionise the club it just seems more of a case to see if the guy is going to be a prick or not.

Last edited:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Nothing will erase what Ryan Giggs did as a player but as a manager he has no credit in the bank. Why would he expect to be a contender for the Swansea job?

If great players made great managers Maradona's Argentina would've won the 2010 World Cup. Just because Giggs can play excellently it does not mean he can coach excellently.

I am surprised that Giggs seems to be holding out for a Premier League job. Yes, managing lower down won't teach him how to manage Man Utd. Managing anywhere else won't though, so why aim for a Premier League club? Why not try and take a job lower down the leagues and build a bit of a CV?

I fear that if Giggsy is waiting for a Premier League job he will be waiting for a long, long time. He would be better off seeing if there are opportunities in the Championship or League one, trying to get some promotions under his belt, and build his way up to bigger and bigger jobs. If the likes of Karanka and Stam were willing to start off lower down, why not Giggs?

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
I have stated that above. Maybe more perception than assumption.
I don't think you have correctly perceived what his role entailed so maybe not.

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Nothing will erase what Ryan Giggs did as a player but as a manager he has no credit in the bank. Why would he expect to be a contender for the Swansea job?

If great players made great managers Maradona's Argentina would've won the 2010 World Cup. Just because Giggs can play excellently it does not mean he can coach excellently.

I am surprised that Giggs seems to be holding out for a Premier League job. Yes, managing lower down won't teach him how to manage Man Utd. Managing anywhere else won't though, so why aim for a Premier League club? Why not try and take a job lower down the leagues and build a bit of a CV?

I fear that if Giggsy is waiting for a Premier League job he will be waiting for a long, long time. He would be better off seeing if there are opportunities in the Championship or League one, trying to get some promotions under his belt, and build his way up to bigger and bigger jobs. If the likes of Karanka and Stam were willing to start off lower down, why not Giggs?
Maybe Giggs tactics can only work with top clubs. If he's allowed to lead Barcelona or Bayern then he would probably win something

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I always wonder what goes on in football manager interviews. Unless they have something to say that is radical that will revolutionise the club it just seems more of a case to see if the guy is going to be a prick or not.
like any interview i imagine - its about if you can envisage yourself working with the person and if they buy into your vision (as chairman) as to the direction of the club.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers

That's Sutton's modus operandi. He has assumed the negative ex-pro gig from Craig Burley and added some wummery to it.