Ryan Giggs. Professional, Legend, Adulterer, Accomplice, Assassin, Usurper?

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
This forum is full of posters who jump to conclusions without reading or thinking through so let me clarify first.

Yes, there are plenty of arguments for Giggs not getting the job. And no, he has never voiced the fact that he thinks it is his divine right.

But may I ask, do you seriously expect Giggs to say in an interview, clearly and irrevocably "The job of Manchester United manager should be given to me because it is my right as an old trafford player legend." Maybe if that's the solid actual evidence you want, you probably are never going to get it.

Also, you say "He wants it obviously" where's the concrete evidence for that? Did he say "I definitely want to be Manchester United Manager"?
What kind of fecked up logic is this? Of course not. We have people on here making wholly inaccurate accusations based on absolutely nothing other than their own warped perception. The point is there is zero evidence to back up their assertions. I know there is no solid evidence as indeed we all do. Therefore we're not going to get it are we? I'm not looking for evidence that isn't there - that's my point.

And are you seriously doubting that Giggs wants to be United manager? This is the man who said on taking over from Moyes..

"It's probably the proudest moment of my career"

"Ed asked me to look after the team for the remaining four games, I had no hesitation in saying yes to"

"I am proud, I am happy"

A man who has spent all is career at United, is currently the assistant manager, and you don't believe it is obvious that he wants the job?

Of course he wants the fecking job and the dogs in the street know that. This is entirely different from stating that he expects it, feels entitled to it, and is only sticking around at United for self serving purposes.

Get a grip man

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
My analogy was NOT to associate adulterers, nor Giggs with criminals, but to highlight the absurdity of your comment about how what he did seemed ok or less severe because of how his views were shaped as a child or his background. I am sure you know that "Adultery" is a crime is some states and religions, not in your country perhaps and neither in mine, but just because adultery may not be classified as a legal crime in your justice system does not mean it creates no harm to people. What you are almost saying is, it is perfectly fine to commit (an act that harms people) as long as you can handle the consequences, or maybe as long as you don't get caught.

But this is digressing too far away from the OP.

It's quite the pot calling the kettle black here. You claim I am using a disgusting and underhanded attempt to discredit Giggs; I don't see what's underhanded about posting a thread that i mentioned was pure conjecture and my opinion only. I haven't gone around gossiping to Giggs' mates or release anonymous letters to the press, have I? I have even said right at the start that it is mostly groundless and has no concrete evidence. How are you not being extremely presumptuous and judgmental about my behaviour then?

And to answer your "come on", nothing in my own personal past has led me to hold these views. But I volunteer as a social worker and counselor outside work and I have seen many cases of families being broken up, with usually innocent children being the unwitting victims of divorce and the repercussions are not easily brushed away. People do get hurt and affected. In work and other aspects of life, I have observed that the character traits in one aspect (e.g., dishonesty) easily extend to other aspect of the same person's life. These are my experiences and observations, not yours and that's absolutely fine.

Look, if you feel so damn offended about this thread then I suggest you stop reading. No need to trying to discredit a forum post by probing about background to better understand my character and value system. If you cannot even entertain the idea that such a possibility as suggested in the OP exists, then so be it.
I'll leave you to marinate on a quote I just read, then, as I think it is pertinent to your musings herein. Hope you enjoy the wine and mince pies. :)

Some people are so blinkered in their little world of hate that they lose all perspective....

Tyrion

“Giggs wants the job and those who know him well are convinced he’s got what it takes to be a top manager, but with United in free-fall, the club might decide it’s too much too soon and go for experience,” Andy Mitten

Don't know if posted.
Pretty much this. Though I'd say that he'll never have enough experience unless he works as manager somewhere else.

RedPnutz

What kind of fecked up logic is this? Of course not. We have people on here making wholly inaccurate accusations based on absolutely nothing other than their own warped perception. The point is there is zero evidence to back up their assertions. I know there is no solid evidence as indeed we all do. Therefore we're not going to get it are we? I'm not looking for evidence that isn't there - that's my point.

And are you seriously doubting that Giggs wants to be United manager? This is the man who said on taking over from Moyes..

"It's probably the proudest moment of my career"

"Ed asked me to look after the team for the remaining four games, I had no hesitation in saying yes to"

"I am proud, I am happy"

A man who has spent all is career at United, is currently the assistant manager, and you don't believe it is obvious that he wants the job?

Of course he wants the fecking job and the dogs in the street know that. This is entirely different from stating that he expects it, feels entitled to it, and is only sticking around at United for self serving purposes.

Get a grip man
Well, I don't quite know what you are on about. I do think Giggs wants to be the United job, no doubt from me.

I quoted your post because you seemed to asking for evidence to show Giggs felt entitled to the job, and I merely replied it was basically impossible to get such a quote. So we'll never know whether he feels that entitlement or not.

RedPnutz

I'll leave you to marinate on a quote I just read, then, as I think it is pertinent to your musings herein. Hope you enjoy the wine and mince pies. :)
Indeed it is, and no sarcasm at all. I am as susceptible to blinkered perspectives as anyone one here. That's why those who agree with me think I am a fool and I them. Nothing unusual.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Well, I don't quite know what you are on about. I do think Giggs wants to be the United job, no doubt from me.

I quoted your post because you seemed to asking for evidence to show Giggs felt entitled to the job, and I merely replied it was basically impossible to get such a quote. So we'll never know whether he feels that entitlement or not.
So you're just making stuff up and criticising him for it.

Sparky Rhiwabon

If Giggs is this clever give him the job, Christ
I think that's actually the problem - I don't think he is very clever. Never struck me as very intelligent in interviews, or in those clips of him in his spell as interim manager (asking his mates whether Wilson could play in the hole for example). I'm not sure he has the mental capacity to be manager of a big club.

Name Changed

weso26
I loved Giggs as a player.

As a person, I think he is a snake. I'd be absolutely disgusted if he was given the job permanently.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Sir Alex Ferguson
Sir Alex Ferguson
Kenny Dalglish
Sir Alex Ferguson
Sir Alex Ferguson
Arsene Wenger
Sir Alex Ferguson
Sir Alex Ferguson
Sir Alex Ferguson
Arsene Wenger
Sir Alex Ferguson
Arsene Wenger
Jose Mourinho
Jose Mourinho
Sir Alex Ferguson
Sir Alex Ferguson
Sir Alex Ferguson
Carlo Ancelotti
Sir Alex Ferguson
Roberto Mancini
Sir Alex Ferguson
Manuel Pellegrini
Jose Mourinho
Louis Van Gaal
Louis Van Gaal
Ryan Giggs
Ryan Giggs
Ryan Giggs

My Christmas wish. So if Santa doesn't want to be an ass, it's almost a fact this happens.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
If we have a chance of pep in the summer I would love to see what giggs can do for the rest of the season

Bojan11

If we have a chance of pep in the summer I would love to see what giggs can do for the rest of the season
Why would Pep join us if we not in the champions league?

People keep saying Pep, but I doubt he'd come when City can offer him lots of money and champions league.

Harmony Row

I realise there is a lot of conflicting news about Guardiola's apparent destination in the summer, but taking over as the Man City manager would put paid, I think, to Giggs' chance to become our next manager (full-time and in opposition to Guardiola, not as an interim boss). Would the board really take such a large risk in appointing someone with such limited managerial experience in direct opposition to a manager who's responsible for a paradigm shift (in the same way people like Sacchi, Michels and Mourinho have in the past) in coaching at the highest levels of football, and who is also responsible for a tremendous amount of success at the highest levels of domestic and, you could argue, international football? Twenty years ago perhaps we would have, but in today's footballing environment where the worlds of business and PR commix with the sport a rookie like Giggs is unlikely to be take over the reins when the world's greatest manager is employed by our inter-city rivals.

Woodzy

Think somebody at the club needs to put their arm round him and tell him he's going to have to go off and manage elsewhere if he wants this job in the future. Wouldn't want to burn our bridges with him but I think grooming him for a position here is just not going to work.

Dr Fink

Leave Giggs out of this. He was given the job of assisting LVG, learning his trade. The tutor is past it and cannot adapt to the PL. Giggs is United through and through. It must be tearing him apart at the moment. He loves the club and wants to remain involved. Kick the Dutch idiot out and leave Giggs alone, as coaching staff. All said, he may better off managing elsewhere for his own career prospects.

Last edited:

Ixion

Leave Giggs out of this. He was given the job of assisting LVG, learning his trade.
Which was stupid in the first place. Van Gaal should have been allowed to pick his own assistant manager not get an inexperienced one forced on him.

m1tch

It must have happened surely? I can't think of an example but there must be a few ex players who got a top managerial job based on their name and literally zero experience as a manager?
This is a joke right? Pep Guardiola, you heard about him right?

ottosec

Ship him out with LVG and his buddy Wayne. Give him some job at the youth team or reserves if he wants to stay at the club.

Asger

Leave Giggs out of this. He was given the job of assisting LVG, learning his trade. The tutor is past it and cannot adapt to the PL. Giggs is United through and through. It must be tearing him apart at the moment. He loves the club and wants to remain involved. Kick the Dutch idiot out and leave Giggs alone, as coaching staff. All said, he may better off managing elsewhere for his win career prospects.
I thought Giggs was supposed to help LVG to learn in the PL.. Clearly Giggs is not doing his job with that.

m1tch

Which was stupid in the first place. Van Gaal should have been allowed to pick his own assistant manager not get an inexperienced one forced on him.
Please elaborate on who this experienced assistant could of been, had he been allowed to pick his own (assuming this unlikely scenario that he had no choice at all over Giggs). Would it have been Danny Blind or Kluivert?

m1tch

I've heard enough about him to know he didn't have "literally zero experience as a manager" when he was appointed manager of the 1st team at Barca.
You obviously have the wrong guy. Pep did 12 months looking after the kids.
Before LVG's successful spell in charge of Ajax he had 2 years experience as an assistant manager.

m1tch

Guardiola was Barcelona B manager... Giggs hasn't even manage our u18 or u21 team.
So he did Warren Joyce's job for a year, excellent credentials. The Pep story flies in the face of the agenda here.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Guardiola was Barcelona B manager... Giggs hasn't even manage our u18 or u21 team.
But mate, he managed us in 4 dead rubber games vs trash a couple years back, guiding us to such results as 0-1 vs bottom of the table Sunderland at OT.
Do want.

Ixion

Please elaborate on who this experienced assistant could of been, had he been allowed to pick his own (assuming this unlikely scenario that he had no choice at all over Giggs). Would it have been Danny Blind or Kluivert?
Literally whoever Van Gaal wanted, experienced or not isn't the point. Forcing a manager to take any player/staff on is a stupid move. Giggs should now be held as accountable as Van Gaal and the rest of the staff at this point.