Ryan Gravenberch | signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

Here we go again. He may or may not, you don't know either way. But even if he doesn't, that doesn't make him right.

Gravenberch has been pretty mediocre. Got only 550 league minutes at Bayern last season, played less minutes for Bayern in the league than Sabitzer despite the latter being loaned to us for half the season. Yet somehow people think he's going to bring an improvement in the quality here at United.
Here we go again? I’m only discussing this because we believe he story to be true and I didn’t say if he were right or wrong, I’m simply trying to determine what the purpose of his signing would be. I never said if it would work or not.
For a fact I know he doesn’t rate Fred and VDB for a starting 11 nor for cover since the two of them will be completely fecked out the door in a week so your nonsense of quoting them for cover is bonkers. I do know what he’s thinking with those two, you not agreeing with him is neither here nor there.
All I know is getting rid of Fred, VDB and looking beyond a player who will turn 32 this year for a player who just turned 21 and has room for growth and adds depth to the squad in the short and long term makes a lot more sense than quoting me fecking Fred and VDB. Not every signing has to be this epic game changer that will come in and fix all the problems we have

My only Eric

I hope he doesn’t need any sort of unlocking? No signing more players to unlock him. Tired of that sh*t

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Seems he’s poor defensively and mentally so I don’t see why we’re in for him. Sounds like another Ndombele if true.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
At this rate it doesnt matter who we bring in, a primce scholes for example, if the manager isnt good enough the team wont be good enough. I am not suggesting Ten Hag is not up to it, but we basically have to hope that he is like pep or klopp if we want to win the PL.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Not the answer at all, our scouts are useless. No more EtH signings.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Not the answer at all, our scouts are useless. No more EtH signings.
It's not our scouts. They've been ignored for a long time. They advised against the Antony signing and the club went ahead with it anyway.

Thiagoal

I actually think he does have attributes that we need. Strong, can progress the ball through the centre of the pitch. However, we still would desperately need a defensive midfielder in addition

Dominos

Why? If he fits the bill for us why does anyone care?
It's not about individuals.

The very obvious answer is, what is the statistical likelihood that the best players we could sign of all the players in the world of football, all happen to have worked with Ten Hag previously, or are Dutch, or have played in the Dutch league? Of the 8 major signings we've made so far under ETH, 6 of those signings fit that description. We've also had pursuits of FDJ, Timber, Gakpo and Arnautovic that amounted to nothing that also fit the description.

And now Gravenberch and Amrabat are being added to that list..

And the fact that we're getting outplayed by Wolves and Spurs after £400m spent and 8 signings suggest maybe there's something a little off about our transfer policy.

edit: forgot Gakpo also.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fortitude

qzizzle

Supports
Bayern Munich
I actually think he does have attributes that we need. Strong, can progress the ball through the centre of the pitch. However, we still would desperately need a defensive midfielder in addition
people love to talk out of their asses it is incredible

"strong" jesus

the_cliff said:
Gravenberch hasn't played one game as a 10 in his career, he's played as a 6 though.
At least have a read on the player before making assumptions
People who call him a 6 are completely delusional. But please educate me on a player I followed for over a year now. He has not shown any particularly good skill and looks like he doesnt have the right mentality to break through at a big club. I hardly ever see him in defensive plays. He plays like a #10 as I said before, trying to look for clever passes, he isnt physical at all or efficient at all. He has talent but he has shown nothing and if he ever becomes something it certainly wont be defensive midfielder or #6 .
Truth is he is simply not ready to play at the highest level and the only reason I can imagine why he is linked to big clubs again is that he himself is delusional or his management. He would be best served going to a team like say West Ham, Brighton, Stuttgart, Hoffenheim etc and play for 2 years at a mid table team.

Last edited:

Chief123

I hope he doesn’t need any sort of unlocking? No signing more players to unlock him. Tired of that sh*t
We’ve got so many fecking pad locked players, we might as well be called Prison FC. Every fecker needs a companion to express themselves. It’s like a mothers and toddlers group. Lots of holding hands.

cyberman

It's not about individuals.

The very obvious answer is, what is the statistical likelihood that the best players we could sign of all the players in the world of football, all happen to have worked with Ten Hag previously, or are Dutch, or have played in the Dutch league? Of the 8 major signings we've made so far under ETH, 6 of those signings fit that description. We've also had pursuits of FDJ, Timber and Arnautovic that amounted to nothing that also fit the description.

And now Gravenberch and Amrabat are being added to that list..

And the fact that we're getting outplayed by Wolves and Spurs after £400m spent and 8 signings suggest maybe there's something a little off about our transfer policy.
The man had the inside track on players snapped up for big money by Bayern (x2) Arsenal, Barca, Juve, Bayern again, Bayern again, CL finalists Inter..
Why wouldn’t we use him, his contacts and the talent he has the inside track on?
Ajax went through a golden period when Ten Hag was there and developed some serious talent.
Im sure if we had the Brighton manager in charge you wouldn’t be turning down many Brighton players as an example

Valencia Shin Crosses

Mount caught Ten Hag’s eye playing in the Eredivise on loan to Vitesse.
Exactly.

Mount
Antony
Martinez
Weghorst
Onana
Eriksen
Timber
De Jong
Gakpo
Gravenberch
Malacia
Amrabat

Yeah anyone who says we trust our scouting network for much is delusional. Of course not all of these players are bad or poor targets, but it shows that ETH seems to have close to autonomy on targets and transfer decisions and he tends to favor those he has experience playing with/against.

Dominos

The man had the inside track on players snapped up for big money by Bayern (x2) Arsenal, Barca, Juve, Bayern again, Bayern again, CL finalists Inter..
Why wouldn’t we use him, his contacts and the talent he has the inside track on?
Ajax went through a golden period when Ten Hag was there and developed some serious talent.
Im sure if we had the Brighton manager in charge you wouldn’t be turning down many Brighton players as an example
We can. It's just we've made 8 signings already and the team is still performing at a really low level, so I'm starting to lose trust in whoever is making these signings.

ETH had the "inside track" on Antony and he's been mostly dreadful.

If we had Brighton manager I would expect maybe we poach a couple of their best players who are already touted for big clubs such is their obvious talent, but I certainly would be a little baffled if we pursued 12 players the manager has links with over the course of 12 months.

I'm not against this signing because I don't know him, and frankly we're desperate for something different in midfield. But we can't pretend this transfer policy is normal. What other elite club runs their football operations like this, where the manager comes in from a league ranked 5th/6th in Europe and handpicks former players and fellow countrymen as their transfer strategy?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Didn't he want two midfielders?

They really fecked it with the double bid.
He seemed to want an optional depth midfielder depending on sales. Nothing pointed to it being a crucial signing and he himself said last week that we're now covered and he's happy.

Fast forward two shit performances and he's apparently chasing a different type of midfielder that is looking to move to become a starter. Unless it's another ill informed move, Gravenberch isn't swapping Bayerns bench for ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.