Ryan Sessegnon

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Yes please.

I can see he ending up at Spurs or something though, with us being linked with him for £50 million or something somewhere down the line.

United Pro

I want us to sign Sessegnon, but we also need an established LB that can perform at the top right now, like Sandro. I can't see us signing both though.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We are trying to close the gap to City.
I don't see how a kid helps us.

diplomat

We need a RB that is ready to instantly take over Valencia, because I believe our current captain is heavily declining this season, especially in terms of physicality and acceleration. I'm not sure this young lad can handle that pressure, but as long as we sell Darmian, I'm happy with basically anyone else since it will improve us massively.

Edit: I thought Sessegnon was a RB at first, I have to now bury my head in the ground in shame of my ignorance.

Last edited:

Zoo

We should always be in for the top domestic talent.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
We are trying to close the gap to City.
I don't see how a kid helps us.
We could feasibly sign him and Sandro - got to have one eye on the future, otherwise we will end up paying double for similar talent in the future.

Red_toad

Do we really need a new thread for every transfer tweet target. Silly season is upon us.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I want us to sign Sessegnon, but we also need an established LB that can perform at the top right now, like Sandro. I can't see us signing both though.
RS doesn’t play a conventional LB role though. He’s very much a wing back and potentially a world class one.
Sandro is already a world class LB, I don’t see why we can’t accommodate both in our side,however the pragmatist in me says we’ll only sign one for that position. I can see Blind going possibly Shaw. Young can’t have too long left playing there which leaves us a player short.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If we end up buying him we'll still be in the market for a first choice left back of course. Hope it happens.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We should get him and Sandro, he would learn alot from a player like Sandro and can deputise for when Sandro is out of the team.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
For a moment thought we were signing the former WBA Sessegnon and was about to rage. I have never heard of this kid but he's young so sign him!

Craig Ward

Got to laugh at some of the logic here

"he's young so sign him"
"25mil is peanuts"
"sign him and sandro"

From what I can see, LB is no priority for us as Shaw is getting game time, he's good enough.

So there - I've saved us 100million as we don't actually need sandro or this kid.

At this point, sessegnon is raw, young, unproven and one for the future - we already have that with Mitchell.

Too much money on a 17yr old, and a position we are not desperate for right now.

What about our lack of depth in midfield or the fact we have NO natural RW?

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Let do what Chelsea does. But, top young talents and loan them out until they are ready for first team football. I do not see why anyone would say no to this signing, unless they do not believe he is good enough.

Kapardin

"he's young so sign him"
"25mil is peanuts"
"sign him and sandro"

From what I can see, LB is no priority for us as Shaw is getting game time, he's good enough.

So there - I've saved us 100million as we don't actually need sandro or this kid.

At this point, sessegnon is raw, young, unproven and one for the future - we already have that with Mitchell.

Too much money on a 17yr old, and a position we are not desperate for right now.

Yep, 25 million is highway robbery for a kid. That's Mkhitaryan money (him being disappointing is another issue).

We can get a cheap DM as a back-up to Matic for that price from smaller teams if we look hard enough.

Nick7

"he's young so sign him"
"25mil is peanuts"
"sign him and sandro"

There's a chasm is quality between Sessegnon and Mitchell.

AndyJ1985

"he's young so sign him"
"25mil is peanuts"
"sign him and sandro"

Aye, let's ignore another talented homegrown player, and then in a few years when he's in the first team of Spurs and we can't sign him, we'll ask why we never bothered to buy him when he was attainable.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

"he's young so sign him"
"25mil is peanuts"
"sign him and sandro"

£25m for him is a snip I'm today's market. I'm sure if we did sign him it wouldn't affect our other potential targets.

Devil may care

He's only 17 so if we do this I hope the plan is to loan him out for a couple of seasons and prepare him properly for the PL, I can't see Jose using a kid as his first choice LB.

Craig Ward

Aye, let's ignore another talented homegrown player, and then in a few years when he's in the first team of Spurs and we can't sign him, we'll ask why we never bothered to buy him when he was attainable.

We signed Shaw, the most promising home grown LB there was at the time, now 3 seasons on people cant wait to slate him every 2 seconds instead of utilising his talent.

Read my post, we have this position covered, where other areas need improving.

Sessegnon may well turn out to be a great player, but we don't sign players for the sake of it. 25mil for a 17yr old is absurd, especially for one who will come in and not get regular game time for years, at which point either Shaw will be well established or Jose would have signed someone established, meaning Sessegnon wont break through anyway.

Or we blow a fortune on a 17yr old, then when we has 2 or 3 poor games, we slate him and bemoan his lack of ability on here like we do with lindelof?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's only 17 so if we do this I hope the plan is to loan him out for a couple of seasons and prepare him properly for the PL, I can't see Jose using a kid as his first choice LB.
I think if we sign him, he'll surprise and will be closer to the first team than many think.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
We signed Shaw, the most promising home grown LB there was at the time, now 3 seasons on people cant wait to slate him every 2 seconds instead of utilising his talent.

Read my post, we have this position covered, where other areas need improving.

Sessegnon may well turn out to be a great player, but we don't sign players for the sake of it. 25mil for a 17yr old is absurd, especially for one who will come in and not get regular game time for years, at which point either Shaw will be well established or Jose would have signed someone established, meaning Sessegnon wont break through anyway.

Or we blow a fortune on a 17yr old, then when we has 2 or 3 poor games, we slate him and bemoan his lack of ability on here like we do with lindelof?
Even if Shaw comes good we still need two good full backs on each side.

TinFoil

Wonder if Jose has gotten his son to tap him up for us :drool:

Borden

Haven't seen him play at all, but have heard about the hype. Establishing himself as a first team player in a Championship side at age 16/17 is very, very impressive.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What ever the potential fee might be, will be paid in instalments. £25m paid over a 18 month period looks a very good deal for a hot prospect like Sessegnon.

Mcking

"he's young so sign him"
"25mil is peanuts"
"sign him and sandro"

Good points, although I don't agree with your point that LB is not a priority. Anyway, I don't think we need a 25m 17 year old LB especially when we have Mitchell and don't have an established LB. Spending 25m on a kid LB seems kind of pointless right now.

Classical Mechanic

Haven't seen him play at all, but have heard about the hype. Establishing himself as a first team player in a Championship side at age 16/17 is very, very impressive.
Ever wanted to see Sess make some clearances and score a hat trick to a slow Hip Hop groove? Now's your lucky day.

His future is as a goalscoring wide left forward but Fulham usually play him at LB. This is from a game where they let him off the leash, great finishes with left and right foot.

fergosaurus

He's worth a gamble at that price being home-grown and as highly rated as he is. He could be the player we hoped Shaw would turn out to be.

United Pro

RS doesn’t play a conventional LB role though. He’s very much a wing back and potentially a world class one.
Sandro is already a world class LB, I don’t see why we can’t accommodate both in our side,however the pragmatist in me says we’ll only sign one for that position. I can see Blind going possibly Shaw. Young can’t have too long left playing there which leaves us a player short.
I've never properly seen Sessegnon play, so I'll take your word on it. From the videos I have seen, he looks way too raw as of now and is not even close to Shaw's current level. Obviously at 17, he has huge potential and I'd love to sign him up along with a top tier LB. Darmian would be first full back I'd sell, with Young covering as a RB and perhaps moving Blind on in the summer.