Sadio Mane | Performances

Sparky Rhiwabon

Great signing, my first impression was that we overpaid but thinking about it again. It's not 2004 anymore, £30million is standard nowadays and £40million plus is considered pricey. Maybe I just have to get used to that fact. And it's not like it's my money, I don't care how much we spend on him as long as he does well.
Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself rather than us!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's a good signing for 1/5th of the season, hasn't shown any sort of consistency so far in the PL, not worried about him at all. Last summer I was all for signing him at United but he's shown he's not at a level that the top clubs will be aspiring to be at.

Castia

Good signing for them.

Southampton already sold Mane and Wanyama though, it 'worked' last time they sold some good players and replaced well but I fear its only a matter of time before you can keep selling your best players and not pay the price.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's a good footballer. On his day he can be unstoppable, but also appears, to me, to in general be a level or two below the level of player we really need.

Still, I do expect him to do well at Liverpool.

gza the genius

The rumors didn't inspire me when he was supposedly coming here, I'm glad we didn't end up getting him. He's good, I just think there are better options. The fact that he is a Klopp signing does worry me though, if it was Rodgers still I'd have laughed at this signing. Klopp will know what he's getting.

RooneyLegend

Amazing fee for an attacker without proven end product. He's going to need to fulfill his potential to justify the huge outlay.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Amazing fee for an attacker without proven end product. He's going to need to fulfill his potential to justify the huge outlay.
Yep fees have gone crazy but 21 goals in 67 games is quite good, for someone who is not an out an out striker. He does need to up his assists, I think he only had 6 last season.

RooneyLegend

Yep fees have gone crazy but 21 goals in 67 games is quite good, for someone who is not an out an out striker. He does need to up his assists, I think he only had 6 last season.
21 goals 9 assists in 67 games are not the sort of numbers that would impress Liverpool fans if he maintains that rate. Even though he isn't an out and out striker, he's an attacker and his main contribution to a team is to win matches. That's the sort of rate that a fully fit Danny Ings would easily achieve.

One thing for sure is he's shown at times that he's got the natural ability to trouble even the best defences in the league. If Klopp can get a functioning attack going then perhaps he'll be doing much better than that as he's probably going to need to do for Pool to be competitive next season.

Jaybomb

Sadly, an excellent signing for them. One of my favourite wingers in the Premier League. Really wanted him at United. But obviously I'm happy with Mkhitaryan. And for 10m less, it's a no brainer.

Is he worth the money? Probably. He's still young. A friend asked me how much he would cost and I said "30m", so close enough.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Very good signing for Liverpool from the Southampton Superstore. I see the Scouse boom-bust cycle has just restarted on Facebook/ Twitter. There is fresh optimism.

No, I don't get it either.
It's their year. Number 19 is coming.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Kind of player you don't want your club to overpay for, but are not happy that your rivals have signed. Here's to hoping he remains as inconsistent as he was at Southampton.

Would have had him here but only as a stopgap or squad player. Not the spark we need and will further solidify their Europa League spot.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Fantastic signing for Liverpool imo and will become one of the best attackers in the EPL

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
It's their year. Number 19 is coming.
Dammit, beat me to it! It's our year! You'll see!

Thought seriously, I wish I could be as optimistic as you all are. It's a lot for a player who hasn't been a standout in a majority of games.

red4ever 79

Would have had him here but only as a stopgap or squad player. Not the spark we need and will further solidify their Europa League spot.
I know we all have a little arrogance towards the dippers, but this is a bit strong isnt it. On paper their attackers are up there. Sturridge, Benteke, Origi, Coutinho, Firminho, Mane.
Ok maybe take Benteke out, but I see goals in that team. If they can become solid at the back they will challenge for top 4 next season

Nogbadthebad

I know we all have a little arrogance towards the dippers, but this is a bit strong isnt it. On paper their attackers are up there. Sturridge, Benteke, Origi, Coutinho, Firminho, Mane.
Ok maybe take Benteke out, but I see goals in that team. If they can become solid at the back they will challenge for top 4 next season
All talented. All have the exact same problem.

Consistency. Whether you are talking about coutinho, origi or firminho, you get some great stuff one week, dire the next, Mane has been exactly the same, and sturridge simply isnt someone you can rely on across a season not just for varying form but because he simply misses too many games. I'm not sure how they solve that part of things, the only thing to do is just hope they all become less erratic.

red4ever 79

Consistency. Whether you are talking about coutinho, origi or firminho, you get some great stuff one week, dire the next, Mane has been exactly the same, and sturridge simply isnt someone you can rely on across a season not just for varying form but because he simply misses too many games. I'm not sure how they solve that part of things, the only thing to do is just hope they all become less erratic.
Firminho showed signs in the second half of last season that he was adapting more to the English game, and the same could be said for Origi. Sturridge is class when fit. I know "when fit" is the key, but he will score goals. I agree Coutinho has hot and cold games, but there is no doubting his talent.

All I am saying is let not be so quick to cast them aside as not being able to challenge for top 4.

Treble

They are not the finished article though, more like 3-5 years before their prime.

There are goals but they're all inconsistent or overrated (the strikers mainly). The defence leaks goals so they need to improve the consistency and the output, and I don't see Mane as a player to do that alone.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
21 goals 9 assists in 67 games are not the sort of numbers that would impress Liverpool fans if he maintains that rate. Even though he isn't an out and out striker, he's an attacker and his main contribution to a team is to win matches. That's the sort of rate that a fully fit Danny Ings would easily achieve.
If he can score at a rate of 1 in 3 playing on the flank, I will be quite happy with his numbers.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Talented and on his day excellent but also very inconsistent and streaky. I'd want us to sign better (and think I said so when we were linked with him) but even still, good signing for Liverpool.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I think hes a good signing for them. Saying that I thought Benteke was a decent signing as well. Lets hope Mane matches him.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
I realised after I replied, I don't pick up on sarcasm very well. My missus will testify to that. :boring:
You are from Liverpool. Things like sarcasm and reading are very hard for you to understand.

Joking. Please don't ban me.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I think the fee they paid is exactly what you would expect in 2016. Very much the market rate for his calibre.