g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Sadio Mane | Performances

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Brilliant player is Mane. Shame it's only for 10 games a season.
Such a huge myth this one and it keeps getting repeated until people have accepted it as fact. I watched everyone of his games last season and he was consistently in the top 3 of Saints players each game except for a 6-7 run game around xmas and the transfer period where he went off the boil and was subsequently dropped. He was absolutely one of Saints most consistent better performers. The people who perpetuate this myth are those who havent actually watched but are great at parroting what someone else has claimed.

RedRover

Such a huge myth this one and it keeps getting repeated until people have accepted it as fact. I watched everyone of his games last season and he was consistently in the top 3 of Saints players each game except for a 6-7 run game around xmas and the transfer period where he went off the boil and was subsequently dropped. He was absolutely one of Saints most consistent better performers. The people who perpetuate this myth are those who havent actually watched but are great at parroting what someone else has claimed.
He may well have been one of Southampton's best players for most of the season but Liverpool need more than that. He's another player in the Liverpool side - like Coutinho and Sturridge, who isn't capable of being the difference maker over a season.

A decent singing for Liverpool. Can't see him taking them up a level.

Rafateria

That's the big question hanging over Mane at the moment. Can he do it for more than a handful of games per season? We'll see how he does this year.
Nobody does it week-in week-out, it's just not human. However as I showed a few weeks back, on 'Whoscored's' last season's ratings he performed to average or higher roughly 80% of the time and had standout matches about 1/3 of the time. His inconsistency is over-stated on RC & even some Liverpool forums. Hopefully Klopp's input and tactics, and playing alongside better players (so more possession), will mean even fewer less than average games and more goals from him.

Rafateria

Such a huge myth this one and it keeps getting repeated until people have accepted it as fact. I watched everyone of his games last season and he was consistently in the top 3 of Saints players each game except for a 6-7 run game around xmas and the transfer period where he went off the boil and was subsequently dropped. He was absolutely one of Saints most consistent better performers. The people who perpetuate this myth are those who haven't actually watched but are great at parroting what someone else has claimed.
I'm glad to hear those sort of comments from someone who has actually watched all his games - it does sort of bear out the whoscored.com ratings too. And the parroting is something I was alluding to, and not just on RC.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He may well have been one of Southampton's best players for most of the season but Liverpool need more than that. He's another player in the Liverpool side - like Coutinho and Sturridge, who isn't capable of being the difference maker over a season.

A decent singing for Liverpool. Can't see him taking them up a level.
I think he's a cracking player and completely different to Coutinho and Sturridge. So he will complement them greatly. I would have him at OT in a heartbeat he's exactly what we need in my opinion someone who loves to run in behind with blistering pace and aggression.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
still surprised he's so highly rated on here, Benteke was also highly rated on this board and I'm pretty sure this signing will have a similar outcome.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
still surprised he's so highly rated on here, Benteke was also highly rated on this board and I'm pretty sure this signing will have a similar outcome.
He will be much better than Benteke that's for sure. He will dissappear for spells through. I'm going to suggest the obvious and say he will be the same for Liverpool as he was for Southampton.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Somehow you just know that this cnut will be a bogey player for us, playing out of his skin every time they meet us, just to disappear against Sunderland next week.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Benteke is still very good player just they don't play to his strengths. Similarly Mane is very good player but who also suits their style of play. He is rapid, physically very strong and his output is very good. He is a goal threat and will score many goals.

izec

He is a very good player and fits them like a glove. He is their main threat, unstoppable at times.

RedRover

I think he's a cracking player and completely different to Coutinho and Sturridge. So he will complement them greatly. I would have him at OT in a heartbeat he's exactly what we need in my opinion someone who loves to run in behind with blistering pace and aggression.
On his day he's a very good player.

Liverpool need more for me though. They've got numerous players who've got half a great season in them. To challenge you need consistency.

VanGaalEra

Was also a player I wouldn't have minded us signing when we were linked.

Very dangerous player on his day!

Lawman

Liverpool need more for me though. They've got numerous players who've got half a great season in them. To challenge you need consistency.
Without a doubt I agree but he's a dangerous player but Liverpool also have many an average player around him. Hopefully this continues but my heart sunk when he signed for Liverpool as he can tear any team a new one with his pace.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I thought we needed someone better but given we havent signed a rapid dribbling attacker this summer, I'd of course happily take Mane over that.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool

Agreed.

For me, consistency starts in the midfield. A good midfielder will improve us than anything else right now, so fingers crossed we can bring one in before the window closes.

Without a doubt I agree but he's a dangerous player but Liverpool also have many an average player around him. Hopefully this continues but my heart sunk when he signed for Liverpool as he can tear any team a new one with his pace.
He'll be in a front four with Coutinho, Firmino, and either Origi/Sturridge. Not a whole lot average there, but there's definitely some less than stellar players behind those front four.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Nobody does it week-in week-out, it's just not human. However as I showed a few weeks back, on 'Whoscored's' last season's ratings he performed to average or higher roughly 80% of the time and had standout matches about 1/3 of the time. His inconsistency is over-stated on RC & even some Liverpool forums. Hopefully Klopp's input and tactics, and playing alongside better players (so more possession), will mean even fewer less than average games and more goals from him.
In terms of scoring and assisting though (which is primarily the sort of contribution you'd expect from a player in his position) he's been inconsistent. If he can increase his numbers and reach the sort of figures Firmino was achieving last season then I think he'll be doing well. He needs to be doing better than his 24 goals and 9 assists in 72 appearances he managed with Southampton though. *

* I'm assuming that's correct, it's from statbunker.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
In terms of scoring and assisting though (which is primarily the sort of contribution you'd expect from a player in his position) he's been inconsistent. If he can increase his numbers and reach the sort of figures Firmino was achieving last season then I think he'll be doing well. He needs to be doing better than his 24 goals and 9 assists in 72 appearances he managed with Southampton though. *

yeah he def needs to up his assists, but scoring 1 in 3 for a player who isn't a centre forward is good stats. That would equate to 12-13 goals this season - i think that is more than any of our players got last season.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's a good player and a great fit for Klopp's system so I'd be very surprised if he wasn't a great success.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Whenever I saw him play, always thought City would definitely snatch him up. Glad they didn't. Good signing for Liverpool.

Redlyn

Overall these are good stats for a good wide player. Fair return for his price bracket. Probably should assist more though.

Champagne Football

I suggested Mourinho buy this bloke at the start of the summer and a user on here called 'Raoul' put a few laughing smileys as a reply as if I had just made the most brain dead suggestion ever

Amazing how some of the longest members on here can often be most clueless and most ignorant too

Welbeckham

I suggested Mourinho buy this bloke at the start of the summer and a user on here called 'Raoul' put a few laughing smileys as a reply as if I had just made the most brain dead suggestion ever

Amazing how some of the longest members on here can often be most clueless and most ignorant too
It's a common "fact" in here that players who happen to play for the likes of Southampton will never be good enough for us. Mané has been inconsistent but purely based on his ability, he definitely isn't anything to laugh at. His pace and technique are top class.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Didn't Mane go five months without a league goal last season?
He was absolute garbage at OT last season, a failed audition. He has a really low bottom level.
Very astute way to judge a player.

Depay scored goals last season like Mane's one today, but as we saw, he was invisible for most of the season. Mane will have similar issues.

Last edited:

cyberman

It's a common "fact" in here that players who happen to play for the likes of Southampton will never be good enough for us. Mané has been inconsistent but purely based on his ability, he definitely isn't anything to laugh at. His pace and technique are top class.
Is his 36m pricetag something to laugh at?

Classical Mechanic

Very astute way to judge a player.

Deeply scored goals last season like his one today, but as we saw, he was invisible for most of the season. Mane will have similar issues.
It was one of the key measures that Ferguson used to judge potential signings. Ferguson believed that players with the confidence to perform against United had the character to play for the club. Louis Saha was one player recruited because of his performances against United.

J-Stander

He'll be class for them I reckon, fits into their system really well.

Macern

Pee pee pants
It was one of the key measures that Ferguson used to judge potential signings. Ferguson believed that players with the confidence to perform against United had the character to play for the club. Louis Saha was one player recruited because of his performances against United.
Cristiano Ronaldo as well. And Wilfried Zaha

Welbeckham

Is his 36m pricetag something to laugh at?
It seems like a gamble, but PL is filthy rich nowadays and all the players who have shown potential move only for crazy money. Compared with other prices in this window (if Jordon Ibe goes for £15m and Dilobodji for £8m), I don't find it THAT high.

Brightonian

Great buy for them. Very much a Klopp player and definitely has more in his locker than he showed at Saints, notably in terms of actual goals and assists. Big price tag of course but not compared to the average value of transfers this summer. Could turn out to be one of their best signings since Suarez.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Very good player who looked a decent fit for our problem right wing position. Should have been in for him.