Sadio Mane | Performances

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Very good player who looked a decent fit for our problem right wing position. Should have been in for him.
People laughed at us when we were linked with him, ( reason being we were linked with Bale heavily at the time), he is quality.

Sigma

People laughed at us when we were linked with him, ( reason being we were linked with Bale heavily at the time), he is quality.
Yeah, I made a thread in the newbs I think last summer saying he would be a good signing for us and that we have had plenty of non-big name players over the years who have done well

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Yeah, I made a thread in the newbs I think last summer saying he would be a good signing for us and that we have had plenty of non-big name players over the years who have done well
Hopefully we took the better option in Mhkitrayan but Mane will cause plenty of defenses problems this year.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
My my look at that .. it rises almost daily from it's actual £30m plus add-ons base. He will have cost more than Pogba by the end of the season .. at least on RC.
Why shouldn't it. When our transfer fees are discussed the euro sum is translated directly to pounds, all addons included, and ideally the salaries for the full extent of the contract as well.

Meanwhile on RAWK, selling the Welsh Xavi for £14m means that Mane automatically cost £16m.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
He is perfect for a Klopp team, would fail IMO in any other top team(not that Pool are a top team but i can see him performing there on a high level if they make the step).

Shark

@NotShark
He was great today but it remains to be seen if he can up his consistency. Blew hot and cold for Southampton.

Rafateria

Why shouldn't it. When our transfer fees are discussed the euro sum is translated directly to pounds, all addons included, and ideally the salaries for the full extent of the contract as well.

Meanwhile on RAWK, selling the Welsh Xavi for £14m means that Mane automatically cost £16m.
How many times do you have to be told .. this is not RAWK and the posters on here are not Rawkites. But please continue since you obviously get off on it and who am I to piss on your chips ?

SwansonsTache

How many times do you have to be told .. this is not RAWK and the posters on here are not Rawkites. But please continue since you obviously get off on it and who am I to piss on your chips ?
You mention how Liverpool fees gets inflated on a United forum, I mention how our fees get inflated on a Liverpool forum. Seems a logical jump, no?

Rafateria

You mention how Liverpool fees gets inflated on a United forum, I mention how our fees get inflated on a Liverpool forum. Seems a logical jump, no?
Of course it's logical .. in your head. Discussing a different forum with completely different posters (with a completely different posting style), what's not logical about that ?

SwansonsTache

Of course it's logical .. in your head. Discussing a different forum with completely different posters (with a completely different posting style), what's not logical about that ?
It is logical since we hardly get threads discussing our transfers or transfer policy on here made by scousers and full of scousers, I must therefore use our go to scouse board as a reference.

Or you can use Twitter, where scousers still are trying to convince themselves we paid £100m + £20m to Raiola for Pogba.

Hardly any scousers mention those sums here, since they naturally would got told otherwise. Like we would on RAWK (or actually we would be banned).

You are on a rival forum, and when discussing Liverpool that will necessarily shine through.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

Doesn't Benteke automatically cover Mane's fee? :confused:

jem

My God, the discussion of transfer fees is incredibly boring. Mane looks like a good buy for LFC, but it's early days yet (in the same way, I'm not going to get down on Mikhytaryen or too excited about Fellaini just yet.)

Treble

The best part for Liverpool fans is that Mane is only 24. He is not the finished article yet and may well become a world class player for them. Same with Coutinho. Few players out there are as explosive as Mane.

Revan

Assumptionman
It is logical since we hardly get threads discussing our transfers or transfer policy on here made by scousers and full of scousers, I must therefore use our go to scouse board as a reference.

Or you can use Twitter, where scousers still are trying to convince themselves we paid £100m + £20m to Raiola for Pogba.

Hardly any scousers mention those sums here, since they naturally would got told otherwise. Like we would on RAWK (or actually we would be banned).

You are on a rival forum, and when discussing Liverpool that will necessarily shine through.
Nothing in this post makes sense.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
If he keeps playing like that then I think he'll be the best signing these lot have made in a long time...

m1y2

we already have a goal of the season contender here, that was superb solo goal with great finish..

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
This guy is top class. The real deal. Been saying all summer that we should have gone for him instead of Mkhi. He would have completed our attack and provided a much needed injection of pace down the right.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
The only one of their signing's which actually looks like good business, wouldn't have minded him here.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
He was very good, but that Arsenal defense was horrible. They managed to make Lallana look semi competent yesterday. Let's see how consistently he can do it this season before claiming he's the be all and end all.

NK86

Very good solo goal. Was average the first half. He will blow hot and cold like he has been so far. On his day he will tear up the opposition defense as he has blistering pace while on other days he will look totally lost

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He is so god damn fast. I think he'll be a very, very good buy for Liverpool. I expected him to rip Arsenals back four more though tbh. I think people will suss out Liverpool later in the season and his effectiveness will drop. I see Liverpool going on a good little run against Burnley, Spurs and Leicester, though.

RedCurry

He was always going to be a great signing for any team. He doesn't blow hot and cold, Southampton as a team did. Most games that he struggled, he was being asked to play as a lone striker completely isolated up top. No player in the world can consistently do well in that kind of role. With Liverpool he will have support from Coutinho and Firmino. Once he starts running with the ball, there aren't many defenders who can stop him. He will be a solid player for them.

Liverpool as a team is not good enough to win the league but they will blow some teams away this season.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
He was always going to be a great signing for any team. He doesn't blow hot and cold, Southampton as a team did. Most games that he struggled, he was being asked to play as a lone striker completely isolated up top. No player in the world can consistently do well in that kind of role. With Liverpool he will have support from Coutinho and Firmino. Once he starts running with the ball, there aren't many defenders who can stop him. He will be a solid player for them.

Liverpool as a team is not good enough to win the league but they will blow some teams away this season.
But there's players out there that, even when their team isn't playing too great, can take the match upon their shoulders & still put in a great performance (Becks for England, & to a lesser extent Willian for Chelsea least year).

We've blown hot & cold too much in recent years. We need players like Mane & Coutinho to be on, even when others are off.

Sam M

For me, he is the closest you get for a sure success these days. A very obvious transfer for 'Pool. And one we could have done with ourselves, not instead of Miki, but in addition to the Armenian.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
But there's players out there that, even when their team isn't playing too great, can take the match upon their shoulders & still put in a great performance (Becks for England, & to a lesser extent Willian for Chelsea least year).

We've blown hot & cold too much in recent years. We need players like Mane & Coutinho to be on, even when others are off.
That's not exactly the category of players which Liverpool can just straight up sign at the moment though.

Last edited:

I would take Mane over Willian.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I would take Mane over Willian.
I'm not saying Mane can't do it. I'm just saying I hope he can. In games where we've been struggling, Cou is often anonymous.

That's not exactly the category of players which Liverpool can just straight up sign at them moment though.
Any player with passion & ability can pull it off IF they have the right mindset.

RedCurry

Mane is 24 and he may just step up another level for you guys. If he doesn't you still have a very good player. If he does you end up having a near world class player. Coutinho is still comfortably the best Liverpool player and I think he's very close to his peak. As you said, you guys need a player who can carry the team once in a while and you just don't have that player. I think we might just have signed that player for ourselves in Zlatan.

arthurka

He played against a very bad Arsenal backline yesterday. But not taking anything away from him he did really well. What I find baffling is that this is Liverpool´s best defence ...