Sadio Mane | Performances

Rafateria

Sadly, an excellent signing for them. One of my favourite wingers in the Premier League. Really wanted him at United. But obviously I'm happy with Mkhitaryan. And for 10m less, it's a no brainer.

Is he worth the money? Probably. He's still young. A friend asked me how much he would cost and I said "30m", so close enough.
Seems like the price is going to end up being the same, i.e. £30m. There may be add-ons to take that figure higher (for Mane) but that is the figure, from all sources, coming out of Liverpool.
I really don't get why people are comparing Mkhitaryan to Mane in this thread ? What is that about ? Completely different players/positions. Just wish we'd got Mkhitaryan when we went after him before he went to BD.

Last edited:

Rafateria

21 goals 9 assists in 67 games are not the sort of numbers that would impress Liverpool fans if he maintains that rate. Even though he isn't an out and out striker, he's an attacker and his main contribution to a team is to win matches. That's the sort of rate that a fully fit Danny Ings would easily achieve.
As a winger ? Are you serious ? Actually for any forward he's got one of the best records in the league over the past 2 seasons, for a winger it's exceptional and if he repeats that I will be very happy. And why compare Mane to Ings ?

RooneyLegend

As a winger ? Are you serious ? Actually for any forward he's got one of the best records in the league over the past 2 seasons, for a winger it's exceptional and if he repeats that I will be very happy. And why compare Mane to Ings ?
He's not really a winger, he's more a wide forward/second striker.

Jaybomb

Seems like the price is going to end up being the same, i.e. £30m. There may be add-ons to take that figure higher (for Mane) but that is the figure, from all sources, coming out of Liverpool.
I really don't get why people are comparing Mkhitaryan to Mane in this thread ? What is that about ? Completely different players/positions. Just wish we'd got Mkhitaryan when we went after him before he went to BD.
Both are pacey RM's. How exactly are they "completely different players"? Mkhitaryan is a little more creative with the assists and such. I'll give you that. But both can play down the middle aswell.

I always find it funny when fans complain about the fees. It's not coming out of your pocket, so why do you care? As long as the player performs, why should I care how much the Glazers spend? Zlatan is getting close to 500k a week reportedly... am I bothered? Hell no. I just hope he scores 30 goals for us.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Both are pacey RM's. How exactly are they "completely different players"? Mkhitaryan is a little more creative with the assists and such. I'll give you that. But both can play down the middle aswell.

I always find it funny when fans complain about the fees. It's not coming out of your pocket, so why do you care? As long as the player performs, why should I care how much the Glazers spend? Zlatan is getting close to 500k a week reportedly... am I bothered? Hell no. I just hope he scores 30 goals for us.
Lots of fans think in terms of if they had the chance to be the manager. So there is a bit of that in there. Would they spend that much on a player etc etc etc. its all part of who fans are.

Jaybomb

Lots of fans think in terms of if they had the chance to be the manager. So there is a bit of that in there. Would they spend that much on a player etc etc etc. its all part of who fans are.
Yeah but Football Manager fees and real life fees are worlds apart. I stopped stressing over transfer fees ages ago. The market is too crazy and unpredictable. I'm just happy when we sign a good player, couldn't care less how much it costs.

Another thing... no team plays the same Starting 11 every week so it's pointless saying "Whats our best Starting 11?" when it all depends on the opposition and tactics. A lot of football fans fail to grasp this.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Yeah but Football Manager fees and real life fees are worlds apart. I stopped stressing over transfer fees ages ago. The market is too crazy and unpredictable. I'm just happy when we sign a good player, couldn't care less how much it costs.

Another thing... no team plays the same Starting 11 every week so it's pointless saying "Whats our best Starting 11?" when it all depends on the opposition and tactics. A lot of football fans fail to grasp this.
You missed the point I was making relative to your question. why do people care about the fees

Parry Gallister

He's a good, if inconsistent player, skilful and gritty. Won't get carried away but he looks like a decent signing.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Have they applied their world famous Rawkonomics to his transfer fee yet? I am sure they can do some financial wizardry to lower the fee from the reported £34m to roughly £10m.

drmuji

Tremendous signing .... I think firminho + mane with lallana will make Liverpool attack something to worry about

William Hill

I think we dodged a bullet to be honest. I'm looking forward to see a new version of Kewell/Lallana/Diouf at Liverpool.

LouisDanGaal

Will be interesting to see how he gets on, not exactly in a position Liverpool were crying out for players, but if he can become consistent will be a great addition to them, it could happen as he will be playing with better attacking players, Southampton are a good team but their forward line isn't as good as coutinho firminho and sturridge.

Glanville95

Good signing that injects some much-needed pace into their team which is even more essential as Sturridge looks like he's lost a yard of pace. Think he'll do well for them, though at that price I'm glad we went for Miki instead.

Walters_19_MuFc

We probably were interested, then once we found at what his price was, we knocked it on the head and got Mkhitaryan for 10M less.

baanke laal

banned
“Liverpool are a massive club with a big history that has won many trophies over the years and as soon as I was told of the possibility to come here and I knew the manager wanted me I said yes.
That's his way of saying: "5 times mate, 5 times"

Ole90+3

Good player. I was one of the few posters on here who was hoping the transfer to us went through in January. He has serious pace which a lot of teams just can't deal with, great first touch and a natural finisher.

Think he will be an excellent signing for Liverpool.

I reckon he would be brilliant playing with Ibra, making runs in behind the defense, something we are seriously missing from all out attackers - Van Gaal effect possibly.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
I think he will be the symbol of Liverpool under Klopp this year - brilliant at times, strangely poor at others. I'd have him as a potentially very good squad player in a top team on what he's shown in the league but not sure he's CL-level quality.

SwansonsTache

The one player from Pool I would have in our first XI.

If utilized correctly he can be devastating. Think he will look like a bargain at the end of the season.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The one player from Pool I would have in our first XI.

If utilized correctly he can be devastating. Think he will look like a bargain at the end of the season.
I'd rather Firmino tbh, but I do rate Mane

SwansonsTache

I'd rather Firmino tbh, but I do rate Mane
There are probably more talent in Firminho. But as for what we need both when it comes down to position (RW) and traits (pure pace) Mane would fit us best.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
There are probably more talent in Firminho. But as for what we need both when it comes down to position (RW) and traits (pure pace) Mane would fit us best.
Can't argue with that.

Red Bug

Brilliant player is Mane. Shame it's only for 10 games a season.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Brilliant player is Mane. Shame it's only for 10 games a season.
That's the big question hanging over Mane at the moment. Can he do it for more than a handful of games per season? We'll see how he does this year.