Sancho won’t return to Man Utd until he's ready - Way too much inappropriate speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan_F

Everyone gets down mate I totally get that. He's got more reasons to be happy than most of us though. Money does make life much easier whether you like to admit it or not. Imagine never having to worry about bills or rent / mortgage ever again. It's something most of us will never know.

I think if he lived a day in the life of a family really struggling right now who can't afford the heating it would help him see some perspective. He will snap out of it soon enough.
Oh, people still think this way about depression in 2022. I’d trust that the professionals know about a bit more than you on how to handle this situation.

FrantikChicken

Everyone gets down mate I totally get that. He's got more reasons to be happy than most of us though. Money does make life much easier whether you like to admit it or not. Imagine never having to worry about bills or rent / mortgage ever again. It's something most of us will never know.

I think if he lived a day in the life of a family really struggling right now who can't afford the heating it would help him see some perspective. He will snap out of it soon enough.
Once again, you’ve no idea how depression works, but even further, what exactly do you know about Sancho’s life outside of his nice wages? Does he have a good relationship with his parents? Does he have friends? Do his coworkers like him and speak to him outside of work? Maybe he’s a bit weird and nobody really likes talking to him so he feels extremely alone? Maybe he gets 100s of abusive messages about not being good enough at his job on the daily and it’s taking a toll? Maybe he suffers from severe insomnia which could ruin both his physical and mental health? Really, you have absolutely ZERO idea what his life is like. There’s a lot of things you’re taking for granted which money can’t buy.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Once again, you’ve no idea how depression works, but even further, what exactly do you know about Sancho’s life outside of his nice wages? Does he have a good relationship with his parents? Does he have friends? Do his coworkers like him and speak to him outside of work? Maybe he’s a bit weird and nobody really likes talking to him so he feels extremely alone? Maybe he gets 100s of abusive messages about not being good enough at his job on the daily and it’s taking a toll? Maybe he suffers from severe insomnia which could ruin both his physical and mental health? Really, you have absolutely ZERO idea what his life is like. There’s a lot of things you’re taking for granted which money can’t buy.
Well said

Peelhead

Well said
Agree 100% as I mentioned before I am actually diagnosed with bipolar disorder but it's very difficult for anyone to tell, the medication fortunately isn't of the sort that zonks you out, but I've experienced it while paid a lot (OK, not football wages!) and only benefits having lost everything and it's just... different.

It's hard to explain. But you can't just snap out of it, it can be dangerous in fact if people are expected to get themselves out of something that's very likely genetic.

I feel being sent to Netherlands in the winter is a sign it's not a medical issue, it may be a positive thinking / play the right ball with some intensive fitness thrown in. But I look forward to seeing him back!

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Hate hearing about young people struggling with their mental health, so hopefully he gets the kind of help he needs.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
We really need him back soon to offer competition to Antony.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Well, I never had any worries, ever, about bills, or rent or mortgage and I still had anxiety disorder and panic attacks.
Money does make life easier but does not solve all the problems.

I trust ETH in this matter and I'm sure that's the best decision for the player and club.

Bobade

I get depression comes in all forms and can effect anyone but right now in UK we have people who are going without meals or the heating when it's cold. That's who my heart goes out to not millionaire footballers and actors feeling a bit down.
He might be feeling depressed but I think he needs to realise just how bleeding lucky he is to have what he has and snap himself out of it sharpish. 99% of the country would trade places in an instant.

I hope he gets right soon though.
"I get depression comes in all forms and can affect anyone but at the same time I don't understand how it comes in all forms and can affect anyone..."

Betson

We really need him back soon to offer competition to Antony.
After the match last night when ETH was going through our attacking options in the squad he talked about the starting players from last night and also said Elanga and Garnacho will play parts as the season goes on , he never even mentioned Sancho as a possibility.

He does not sound as if he is in his short or even medium term plans.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I get depression comes in all forms and can effect anyone but right now in UK we have people who are going without meals or the heating when it's cold. That's who my heart goes out to not millionaire footballers and actors feeling a bit down.
He might be feeling depressed but I think he needs to realise just how bleeding lucky he is to have what he has and snap himself out of it sharpish. 99% of the country would trade places in an instant.

This thread has been quite something.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Fine, he certainly is in a priviliged position, and yes maybe be doesn't need your sympathy. But depression and anxiety can hit anyone and isn't exclusive to those who have it harder.

BlueHaze

Guys what is all this serious discussions about depression and mental health coming from? Did Ten Hag or anyone else within the club say Sancho is suffering from this? I think this is one comment by Ten Hag that has been taken massively out of context.

None of us know in detail what his deal is.

ShinjiNinja26

Sometimes it’s better to keep your mouth shut.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Guys what is all this serious discussions about depression and mental health coming from? Did Ten Hag or anyone else within the club say Sancho is suffering from this? I think this is one comment by Ten Hag that has been taken massively out of context.

Extraordinary leaps being made alright. Then amazingly bad takes made on those imaginary leaps. It's fiction at this point, loosely based on real characters.

Yakuza_devils

ETH has improved Shaw, Dalot, Rashford, Martial and now working on AWB, Fred, DVB while also helping players like Malacia, Casemiro, Antony, Martinez integrate to EPL.

He knows what he is doing and the results are clear for us to see. The fact that he is paying special attention on Sancho means that he has high hope on him. We must be patient and support both our manager decision and also the player.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

Not at all. Ten Hag said he's on a physical fitness programme and everyone went off on a tangent because he also mentioned the word 'mentally' when discussing his loss of form.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's like the twilight zone, with people logging on from the 1950s.
The funny thing about this is that in 50s, those lads would spouting this nonsense while being in the process of downing a bottle of liquor. How many of these tough lads needed alcohol to numb their minds?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

You need to stop. You’re absolutely clueless and your ‘snap out of it’ and ‘it’s not so bad cos he’s rich’ rhetoric is offensive. Just accept you don’t understand - and be thankful for that.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I can't believe the club has let it get to this point without trying the tried and trusted method of just saying "Cheer up Jadon, worse things happen at sea!"

Last edited:

Real Name

This is one ignorant and simply backward post.

SAFMUTD

I think this issue has been taken way out of context, Ten Hag mentioned he's building back his fitness and mentality...a couple of pages later he's on depression?

We have absolutely no idea about this, why has it suddenly evolved to that?

meamth

Also no, and no. Different position, and no
That's what I said. He thought he was that next big thing, the limelight and all the promises.

He failed to perform before the world cup call up, probably really took him back to reality.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
After the match last night when ETH was going through our attacking options in the squad he talked about the starting players from last night and also said Elanga and Garnacho will play parts as the season goes on , he never even mentioned Sancho as a possibility.

He does not sound as if he is in his short or even medium term plans.
Or maybe he doesn't want to add any undue pressure to Sancho.

mu4c_20le

No he couldn't. He's also a different position.
Which is why taking Madders was odd, they were stacked in that position. Mount Foden Saka Grealish and even Bellingham can play there.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That's what I said. He thought he was that next big thing, the limelight and all the promises.

He failed to perform before the world cup call up, probably really took him back to reality.
I would want to think hes not so mentally fragile

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Which is why taking Madders was odd, they were stacked in that position. Mount Foden Saka Grealish and even Bellingham can play there.
No it wasnt. Saka grealish play in Sancho position. Mount, Maddison were alternatives to Bellingham.

Sancho doesn't come into consideration ahead of Grealish Saka Foden Rashford or Sterling.

meamth

I would want to think hes not so mentally fragile
I wouldn't think he has weak mentality.
But maybe, just maybe he talked to ETH, found the root of the problem and vowed to be better physically. So the individual programme.

Status
Not open for further replies.