SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Very mature response that.
Clearly you didn't actually read. Different opinion than me - bad man!
You have just posted that you think the Corona could be “overhyped” by a hidden cabal of money men to hide the fact the stock market was overvalued.
“Very mature response that”

Fener1907

A survey about how this affected people's beliefs about personal hygiene would be good when it all dies down. My prediction for many men is:

"1. Did you make an increased effort to wash your hands?"
"No, my dick is clean."

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I find it scarecly believable that you could look at what’s happening in Italy right now and conclude it’s hype. Let alone the other worst affected countries.
I don't disagree what's happening in Italy is terrible - but it ignores "why Italy"? Aside from the obvious and having many elderly folks - that excuse seems to simple. Perhaps access to timely and proper healthcare support plays a factor for instance. The issue isn't the virus as much as it is the response to it. At some point it will be impossible for most of us to not catch it. Just like the flu. No amount of sitting at home is going to make it disappear. Look at the flu - there is a reason the shots are trivalent or quadrivalent - I. E. H1N1 is still around - despite all the efforts taken to try and fight it. And that's WITH a shot available.

Skills

Snitch
Christ that's insane. They're on course for 40k cases this time next week, if it stays at 25%. The thing is, the more cases there are it's going to get harder and harder to test everyone too. If they're already struggling with capacity now, there's no-way they can keep up when it's 4x as bad.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Christ that's insane. They're on course for 40k cases this time next week, if it stays at 25%. The thing is, the more cases there are it's going to get harder and harder to test everyone too. If they're already struggling with capacity now, there's no-way they can keep up when it's 4x as bad.
They're fecked. But I think we're all on that path unfortunately.

botond

A survey about how this affected people's beliefs about personal hygiene would be good when it all dies down. My prediction for many men is:

"1. Did you make an increased effort to wash your hands?"
"No, my dick is clean."

still not a single case in Turkey ?

Redplane

You have just posted that you think the Corona could be “overhyped” by a hidden cabal of money men to hide the fact the stock market was overvalued.
“Very mature response that”
I'd suggest using pms to me. You might convince me you're willing to engage in proper discussion rather than being a keyboard tough guy.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
More people die from the flu every year than being poisoned from eating raw badger arsehole, but I'm certainly going to avoid tucking into a big chunk of Bodger's buddy if I can get away with it.

Sure, more people might die from the flu but that doesn't mean DEATHBUG300-SARS-Covid-19 is any less of a danger, nor does it mean that its overhyped. If anything it shows that we don't take the common flu serious enough.
:lol: :lol: fecking wailed at that

Redplane

More people die from the flu every year than being poisoned from eating raw badger arsehole, but I'm certainly going to avoid tucking into a big chunk of Bodger's buddy if I can get away with it.

Sure, more people might die from the flu but that doesn't mean DEATHBUG300-SARS-Covid-19 is any less of a danger, nor does it mean that its overhyped. If anything it shows that we don't take the common flu serious enough.
Fair enough. You are correct about the flu.

montpelier

Absolutely fecking disgraceful 'leadership'. And ironic that this is actually more Draconian - let the slaves keep working and dying until the system's at breaking point before we get off our fat, silver spoon anuses and do a single fecking thing.

Because with such a repulsively decadent approach, once it gets into hospitals it'll start wiping out people who are there for other things. People who need a hospital to be a safe place to recover - as it should be. And it'll overwhelm hospitals so that people who are there for other things will be dying simply because there isn't the care they need.

And hospices, and Children's hospitals - where, although children have been least affected thus far, you give a 14 year old recovering from a serious disease a dose of it and I'm not so sure.

But then again, this is the same Government who've left NHS skeletal and given us Austerity as well - so we know where their priorities will always lie.

The public need to demand action on this. I'd gladly strike, and as more and more beloved family members are needlessly condemned to horrible deaths because of their inaction, more people will adopt a similar stance.
Yes, I'm not thrilled either.

Complacency, indecision or plain old not bothered?

Skills

Snitch
Seems like warm weather theory is not holding the water with this virus.
Well Singapore is tropical and it didn't make them immune from the initial outburst (hotter than it ever gets here). They just did a great job of containing it (so far). Was always massively dubious.

Giggs86

"How was your two week holiday on Israel?"

"My bunkmates had very soft hands"
I'm pretty sure tourists are not allowed to enter at all. I read that anyone who doesn't have a permanent address to self quarantine will not be admitted to the country.

Jacko21

I don't disagree what's happening in Italy is terrible - but it ignores "why Italy"? Aside from the obvious and having many elderly folks - that excuse seems to simple. Perhaps access to timely and proper healthcare support plays a factor for instance. The issue isn't the virus as much as it is the response to it. At some point it will be impossible for most of us to not catch it. Just like the flu. No amount of sitting at home is going to make it disappear. Look at the flu - there is a reason the shots are trivalent or quadrivalent - I. E. H1N1 is still around - despite all the efforts taken to try and fight it. And that's WITH a shot available.
Italy has one of the most highly regarded healthcare systems in the world.

Lombardy’s chief ICU coordinator has warned that if the population doesn’t appreciate the threat level, it will be a catastrophe. They are creating makeshift intensive care units in hospital corridors with patients requiring oxygen therapy - breathing difficulties being one of the symptoms of Coronavirus.

This isn’t about making it disappear. It’s about stemming the tide and mitigating the rate of infection in order to give healthcare systems the best possible chance to treat those who require hospitalisation in addition to all the usual pressures. So called ‘draconian measures’ can help to do that.

A low mortality rate shouldn’t mean people fail to see the bigger picture.

We’re not all reacting to the media.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html

A lot of it is based on very limited date globally. While the death rate appears to be high it's too early to say how it compares to the regular flu which kills many many more each year. There is no shot for the virus but even with the flu it's a complete crap shoot given the many mutations out there. The issue is with the lack of testing and proper care - so far I am not seeing anything to indicate it's simply because this is a virus that's so much more dangerous than any other for your average semi healthy human being.

Also : https://time.com/5798168/coronavirus-mortality-rate/
I don’t know what world you inhabit. But try to learn something. At a VERY layman’s term level;

Flu takes AGES to cause major respiratory problems. It attempts to damage everything else first.
Covid 19 goes straight to the danger zones.

It’s nothing like a regular flu. Worry about the vulnerable people close to you. Please do not tell them it’s nothing.

Redplane

Redplane

I don’t know what world you inhabit. But try to learn something. At a VERY layman’s term level;

Flu takes AGES to cause major respiratory problems. It attempts to damage everything else first.
Covid 19 goes straight to the danger zones.

It’s nothing like a regular flu. Worry about the vulnerable people close to you. Please do not tell them it’s nothing.
Thanks for back handedly insulting my intelligence like your bro earlier. You could have said everything without the first part, no?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Yes, I'm not thrilled either.

Complacency, indecision or plain old not bothered?
They're just pieces of shit.

There are already people in hospital beds in corridors all around the country - who did this to our Healthcare service? Tory Government.

Who are right now basically saying, 'nah, feck the vulnerable, feck the OAPs who've paid tax into the NHS for 6 decades of their lives'? The same Tory Government.

Pieces of shit.

Hopefully this is a real wake up for people.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
R.I.P to that person - I hope they had a good innings and didn't suffer too much.

And thoughts to their family.

Any details about their pre-existing conditions etc?
From The Mirror

A person in their 70s who was "was very unwell with a number of significant and long-term health conditions" has died from coronavirus at St Helier Hospital in Carshalton, Sutton, London

Rhyme Animal

From The Mirror
Well R.I.P again.

And without wanting to sound preachy, lets all try and remember throughout this that every person who dies due to this virus is a real human being who would otherwise still be alive.

People can live for years being 'very unwell', it doesn't mean that their lives are any less worth, at all.

Utdstar01

R.I.P to that person - I hope they had a good innings and didn't suffer too much.

And thoughts to their family.

Any details about their pre-existing conditions etc?
70's and generally unwell. This the first day where more than one person has died in a day?

Utdstar01

Well R.I.P again.

And without wanting to sound preachy, lets all try and remember throughout this that every person who dies due to this virus is a real human being who would otherwise still be alive.

People can live for years being 'very unwell', it doesn't mean that their lives are any less worth, at all.
Absolutely. I'm worried for my grandparents. Think I'm going to keep myself distanced away from them for the next few weeks. My mum is currently going through radiotherapy too so that's also grating on me.

C'est Moi Cantona

I'd really like to know how someone in there 70's, who was 'very unwell, and with 'significant health issues', has become exposed to a virus that has such low numbers in this country so far.

The Purley King

Poor fecker.
For having to work in Croydon that is
If it gets bad feel free to drop round to mine for a spot of lunch (providing you don’t have the virus!)

Rhyme Animal

Absolutely. I'm worried for my grandparents. Think I'm going to keep myself distanced away from them for the next few weeks. My mum is currently going through radiotherapy too so that's also grating on me.
Take it easy mate, and remember to try and manage your stress - difficult as it is.

I find myself being more irritable because I'm so stressed out about this. It's tricky, but you're stressed because you care, and that's what people need right now.

We just have to try and manage it.

I'd really like to know how someone in there 70's, who was 'very unwell, and with 'significant health issues', has become exposed to a virus that has such low numbers in this country so far.
Very good question. And if old and vulnerable people are already catching this in Hospitals where they're receiving treatment for other things... well, the anger that makes me feel is difficult to put into words really.