SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

The question is whether the creditors can afford to have the income cut off. They're going to have their own overheads and their own debt to service. They're part of a global economy, if they have creditors in Germany, China, US ect then there is no chance they will be afforded the same luxury.
I wonder if the Italian government is somehow able to step in and force creditors to delay debt repayments from institutions on Italian soil, or at least cover them temporarily. Not good for a credit rating but i think everybody secretly knows they're also going to be in these shoes soon.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I’m not catholic but don’t the congregation shake hands with each other too?

Maybe religious leaders should take responsibility and tell people to pray in their own homes for now?
Absolutely agree with that.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I would hope so with regards to Ryanair. No update on their website though or any communication. Tried to contact a customer care agent but waiting 3 hours now for a respond :wenger:
All flights to Italy cancelled until April 8th as from upcoming Friday - internal flights in Italy as from now on.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I have a holiday booked in Salou at end of May for half term. I have already come to terms with that probably being cancelled.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Similar actions protecting mortgages etc now starting in the UK:
Taxpayer-owned bank RBS will allow people affected by the coronavirus outbreak to defer mortgage and loan repayments for up to three months.

The bank, which runs the RBS, NatWest, and Ulster Bank brands, also said savers could close fixed-term savings accounts early with no charge.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51817947

The other big banks will be under pressure to follow.

red4ever 79

All schools have been closed in Czech Republic. We have 40 cases here so far (1week spike) No gatherings allowed of more than 100 people. If you have returned from Italy and not gone into quarantine then there is a fine of upto 3m CZK.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
All schools have been closed in Czech Republic. We have 40 cases here so far (1week spike) No gatherings allowed of more than 100 people. If you have returned from Italy and not gone into quarantine then there is a fine of upto 3m CZK.
This is exactly what I've wanted UK Government to do - will be very interesting to see how it progresses in Czech Republic now.

Hopefully it's also combined with mass testing in order to get accurate feedback - and hopefully it works and saves lives!

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Absolutely agree with that.
We have been watching a random Mass online rather than attending church - it's Lent, so we're in the most important part of the Christian year. Normally there are loads of additional services in Lent, particularly in Holy Week leading up to Easter Day.

Even the Pope's been appearing on screen rather than in person in St Peter's Square, to reduce the numbers of people attending.

binary bot
Seen a big increase in facemasks today and yesterday, although i think every person was Asian. I wonder if thats partially why China have managed to slow the increase so quick? People being more proactive once it increased, and wearing facemasks being more common in the first place.

redshaw

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/spain/

Cases have trebled in Spain

1512 cases and 35 deaths

France have 1400 cases and 30 deaths.

They've seen 200-300 cases per day recently

UK will have thousands of Atletico fans coming, I don't think that is a good idea. These levels are now at Italy's and so many cases in the UK and Europe are linked to Italy, we could see Spain and France picking up the baton now. I would seriously look at stopping away fans entering the UK and limiting general travel. Mainland Europe, not just Italy has tipped over the edge.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Seen a big increase in facemasks today and yesterday, although i think every person was Asian. I wonder if thats partially why China have managed to slow the increase so quick? People being more proactive once it increased, and wearing facemasks being more common in the first place.
They slowed it by looking people in their homes for a month or two, restrictions have been lifted slightly this week.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
At my work (a huge company in Cologne) has been an corona case last week. I found out by some other colleagues.

But our company (i am just a trainee) seems to keep it a secret to let the people keep working. No one gets informed etc.

My question now is basically: Can i sue them if i get infected from there (and also infect my family) ... ? My wife has multiple sklerosis, so she basically is at risk if getting infected.

Paxi

We have been watching a random Mass online rather than attending church - it's Lent, so we're in the most important part of the Christian year. Normally there are loads of additional services in Lent, particularly in Holy Week leading up to Easter Day.

Even the Pope's been appearing on screen rather than in person in St Peter's Square, to reduce the numbers of people attending.
I wouldn't know much about but it seems logical not to congregate whilst this virus is about, also I'm sure church going demographic would have fair chunk of older people attending so they'd be more at risk wouldn't they. Think it's for the best just to follow live streams et all for the time being.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
Thing is, if you got the runs.. toilet paper is bloody useless anyway, you'll end up clogging the toilet, might aswell jump in the shower and give yourself a ol wet hand and its much easier and effective, idiots.
and way less painful. I got the squits in the run up to Christmas. It felt like I was literally pouring water straight through my body. After about 4 hours (and 100 trips to the toilet) my hoop was in tatters

Paxi

We will get shafted over attitudes like this which a lot of people hold.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Israel has ordered all its tourist to leave their country asap. I'm scheduled to fly to Jordan on Thursday for 10 days, not feeling too comfortable at the moment. Not necessarily the virus which scares me but I really don't wanna be quarantined in some hotel or let alone shady hospital for 14 days, with or without the virus.

Paxi

Israel has ordered all its tourist to leave their country asap. I'm scheduled to fly to Jordan on Thursday for 10 days, not feeling too comfortable at the moment. Not necessarily the virus which scares me but I really don't wanna be quarantined in some hotel or let alone shady hospital for 14 days, with or without the virus.
Israel are really battening down the hatches it seems. Good to see them being proactive. UK and others should definitely follow suit. Rather we face this now and and yes potentially it could be overkill but it's always better than being under prepared and having a rug pulled under you feet.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Pope telling priests to be ‘brave’ and go out and tend to the sick. Great thinking there Einstein, so now you can have your priests spreading that shit everywhere they go. Jesus wept..

Paxi

British people are inherently arrogant - stiff upper lip brigade, we beat the Germans we can beat this. Ignorant
It is mostly ignorance but it's not helped by the authorities who are afraid to panic people. We can convey to the public that this is an extremely serious situation. It's not hard saying that, whilst the majority aren't going succumb to the virus, they could well spread it to their family and friends who are vulnerable. Ask them to think of the consequences of that.

muller

It is mostly ignorance but it's not helped by the authorities who are afraid to panic people. We can convey to the public that this is an extremely serious situation. It's not hard saying that, whilst the majority aren't going succumb to the virus, they could well spread it to their family and friends who are vulnerable. Ask them to think of the consequences of that.
Vicious circle, agree with both points.

Had a meeting with my boss yesterday - explained I had a few concerns as I work in a large office, lots of visitors from other offices, near central london, lots of people come in on public transport. But mainly because I have young kids, and also I have asthma, which apparently can be a little bit of a raised concern. I have no reason to be in an office some days.

I can manage my own time and location, to an extent, but my boss likes to rubber stamp if possible.

Was expecting an "of course, work from home as much as you can/need, look after yourself etc"

Got a "well, people need to come into the office unless the company advises otherwise".

Ergh

red4ever 79

This is exactly what I've wanted UK Government to do - will be very interesting to see how it progresses in Czech Republic now.

Hopefully it's also combined with mass testing in order to get accurate feedback - and hopefully it works and saves lives!
Czech healthcare is the best I have seen in Europe as well. Very responsiveness country

Paxi

Vicious circle, agree with both points.

Had a meeting with my boss yesterday - explained I had a few concerns as I work in a large office, lots of visitors from other offices, near central london, lots of people come in on public transport. But mainly because I have young kids, and also I have asthma, which apparently can be a little bit of a raised concern. I have no reason to be in an office some days.

I can manage my own time and location, to an extent, but my boss likes to rubber stamp if possible.

Was expecting an "of course, work from home as much as you can/need, look after yourself etc"

Got a "well, people need to come into the office unless the company advises otherwise".

Ergh
Yeah that pretty crap to be honest with you. If you have an underlying health condition, especially to do with you breathing, then you should be seen as high risk and given much more leeway in a situation like this but again Gov should advise all business now to let people work from home where possible.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
"Just" 4 confirmed infected cases so far in Bosnia, but they are already closing schools and forbiding larger events(those that include more than 250 people), and Islamic community just suggested people to do their prayers at home. Bit surprising, but I reckon the ministry of health is aware of far more cases than they are sharing with people, I doubt they would do this after just 4 cases.

I’m not catholic but don’t the congregation shake hands with each other too?

Maybe religious leaders should take responsibility and tell people to pray in their own homes for now?
They just did this in our country, which is quite surprising considering we are always late on everything.